TheSinner.net Messageboards - Registration
Access to and use of this site (www.thesinner.net) is provided by the Sinner subject to the following terms:
1. By using The Sinner you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of The Sinner. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use The Sinner.
2. The Sinner may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by The Sinner. Your continued use of The Sinner after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Use of The Sinner
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use content of The Sinner in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any content of The Sinner except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of The Sinner's content requires the prior written permission of The Sinner.
4. You agree to use The Sinner only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of The Sinner. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within The Sinner. Please note that all IP addresses are logged.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
5. Content on The Sinner, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to The Sinner, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided 'AS IS' and on an 'IS AVAILABLE' basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
6. Data Protection - When registering with The Sinner, your St Andrews email username will be recorded, as will the password you provide (encrypted so not even the Website Administrator can access it. This is the only personal information we keep. The IP address of every computer that accesses The Sinner website is recorded, and a log of every action made on the site is recorded for security and research purposes. This information will not be given or sold to any third parties, with the exception of the Police in event of a criminal act.
7. The Sinner will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from use or loss of use, data or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising from or in connection with the use of The Sinner.
8. The Sinner is not responsible for the content of external websites.
9. The Sinner does not warrant that functions contained in The Sinner 's content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that The Sinner or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
10. The names, images and logos identifying The Sinner or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of The Sinner and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of The Sinner or any other third party.
Contributions to The Sinner
11. Where you are invited to submit any contribution to The Sinner (including any text, graphics, video or audio) you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant The Sinner a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licenseable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not want to grant to The Sinner the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to The Sinner.
12. Further to paragraph 11, by submitting your contribution to The Sinner, you:
12.1 warrant that your contribution;
12.1.1 is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to The Sinner for all the purposes specified above;
12.1.2 is not defamatory; and
12.1.3 does not infringe any law; and
12.2 indemnify The Sinner against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by The Sinner as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
12.3 waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on The Sinner and the purposes specified above.
House Rules for The Sinner Message Boards
13. You agree to use The Sinner pages (including Message Boards) in accordance with the following House Rules:
About your posts:
* Contributions must be civil and tasteful;
* No rude or abusive behaviour (flaming or trolling)- postings must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or posted with the intention of causing trouble;
* Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable;
* You will not reveal a member's real name unless they have included it in their user profile;
* Be patient - users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant Sinner community;
* URLs of pages containing defamatory or illegal content are not allowed;
* No spamming - don't cross post your messages to more than one discussion;
* No advertising;
* No impersonation. Adopting an inappropriate user name (one that is vulgar, offensive, etc.) is also unacceptable;
About the law:
* You may not post any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in The Sinner Communities. This includes text, graphics, video, URLs, programs or audio. Posting a message with the intention of committing an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
* You agree to only post materials to which you have the copyright or other permission to distribute electronically. You may not violate, plagiarise, or infringe on the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
If you fail to abide by these terms (including the house rules at this paragraph 13 above), you will be formally warned by email. This warning may also include a temporary suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of The Sinner's areas.
If after this warning you continue to breach these terms, you will be prohibited from using The Sinner for an extended period of time.
The Website Administrator reserves the right to suspend your account privileges without notice.
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to The Sinner and The Sinner considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, The Sinner may use whatever information that is available about you to prevent any further infringements. This can include informing relevant third parties such as your email provider or IT Services.
The Sinner reserves the right to delete any posting or any article, or suspend any account at any time, for any reason.