Home

TheSinner.net

travel to Barcelona tips?

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Re:

Postby rae on Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:03 am

funny, sinner seems to have et my original post. To sum up again then, I want to go to a Barcelona game in the autumn and am trying to find a cheap way to get there. I'd thought Barcelona was one of the bargainous places but looking at flights so far, they all seem quite expensive. Anyone who's been to Barcelona before able to advise?

[hr]

In America they think 100 years is old and in Britain they think 100 miles is far.
In America they think 100 years is old and in Britain they think 100 miles is far.
rae

Re:

Postby guitarist on Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:15 am

Quoting rae from 11:03, 11th Jul 2005
funny, sinner seems to have et my original post. To sum up again then, I want to go to a Barcelona game in the autumn and am trying to find a cheap way to get there. I'd thought Barcelona was one of the bargainous places but looking at flights so far, they all seem quite expensive. Anyone who's been to Barcelona before able to advise?

[hr]

Ryanair brings you from Glasgow to Barcelona for 90 pounds, I think that's the cheapest you can get...
guitarist

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:29 am

Check out ryan air and easy jet for flights. It may mean flying to an airport a couple of hours away from Barcelona by bus but it will work out a lot cheaper than flying with more expensive airlines. Good luck!

Re:

Postby Gubbins on Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:12 pm

How long do you want to travel for? If you are prepared to take the train down to Manchester, Liverpool, or even Stansted or Luton (you might also try West Midlands, Newcastle or Bristol), you can usually find cheaper flights from there. The *return* train fare Leuchars - Manchester is only £23 if you book more than 2 weeks in advance. Alternatively, it's often cheaper to book two single train tickets.

Some other companies that do cheap flights from UK airports, other than Ryanair and Easyjet (although they're probably still your best option), are Jet2 and FlyMonarch.

Good luck!

[hr]

...but then again, that is only my opinion.
...then again, that is only my opinion.
Gubbins

Re:

Postby rae on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:35 pm

thanks for that. Unfortunately it would have to be a long weekend mini-break thing so can't take too much time... £90 seems a lot but will cross fingers and hope for a seat sale nearer the time. I hear Barcelona's quite cheap once you're there so that's something at least!

[hr]

rae

Re:

Postby Lyeta on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:44 pm

Hey I just got back from Barcelona. You can fly from Blackpool to Barcelona (well, Girona) with Ryanair for about £30. The train from Leuchars to Preston if you buy Virgin advance fares can be as cheap as £10, and from Preston get a train to Blackpool (about £3). I stayed in a great really cheap hostel in Barcelona right near the centre so if you want to know about anything else let me know.
Hope that helps
Lyeta

Re:

Postby joug on Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:48 pm

Ooooo my boyfriend and I went a couple of months ago, flew from Newcastle with EasyJet direct to Barcelona in only a couple of hours. The train from the airport to the centre of Barcelona was quick and came often, and it is only a couple of hours on the train from Leuchars to Newcastle.

If you have a spare couple of hours go to Parc Guell, its a wonderful place to wander about... sculptures and nature mix - it's just great.
joug

Re:

Postby Jamie on Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:46 am

Go with easyjet or one of the other ones suggested above and stay at youth hostel kabul in plaza real. You won't sleep much but it's dirt cheap (emphasis on 'dirt') got a great bar and is right close to the Ramblas.
Jamie

Re:

Postby Guest on Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:25 pm

Hey, I'm from Barcelona. Have a look in www.opodo.com, then when you find the less expensive flight, go and find its website and you will have a better price.

KLM has good deals to Barcelona from Edinburgh, www.klmuk.com. Other options (Ryan, Easy) aparently cost less but at the end are more expensive with taxes and additional transport.

Sometimes in autum BA/Iberia has offers.

You might find a good accomodation in Youth Hostels.

Good luck.

Latin Lover

Return to Advice Please!