Home

TheSinner.net

Should i stay or go?

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Should i stay or go?

Postby Blue on Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:04 pm

Hi guys...i need your help..

I'm posting as an unregisted user...cos alot of people know me.....and well yeah...

I'm feeling really really low at the moment....i am in second year, and i wouls say i am fairly well known in the town and uni...well, basically because i am loud and stuff..

I feel as if i want to leave....i am just not happy anymore...moved in with differnt flatmates this year cos last year they werent my sort of people (or so i thought) and i am not happy..basically because i mean i get on with them, but feel left out alot, because they are all best friends..and i am like the one used when no one is around.....and my other friends live in another flat and then i feel left out....it all sounds pretty immature, but its so hard....

No one would believe me writing this becasue i am happy and chirpy and make peopel laugh all the time..i bottle up my feelings and there is NO ONE to tell because they are like yeah dont be stupid you have lots of friends, how can you say that, etc etc, but to be fair, its not like that at all.....

I really dont know what to do.....i am really low about this and have been for a while.....

And while we are at it, most of my friends seem to have people that like them, chasinf after them, someone's house to go to...whereas no one ever seems to show an interest in me...i know everyone says that, but well that is how i feel and i believe its true.
Blue

Re:

Postby Mod on Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:13 pm

Mod

Re:

Postby missscotland on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:28 pm

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarg
missscotland

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:23 pm

You say that the people you live with are best friends - wouldn't they understand if you let them know about this? If you count them as best friends, then surely they would? I think that'd be a good place to start.

And yes, it's true that people shouldn't dismiss your feelings on the sheer assumption that you have lots of friends, therefore you're okay.

There are people you can talk to though - I doubt you've said this much to anyone in person. Try it :)
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby ribs on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:29 pm

*hugs* *hugs*
sorry i've no amazing advice or anything - besides you probably know it all already.
but..... *hugs*

[hr]

Riddick: Remember that favorite game of yours?
Kyra: "Who's the Better Killer?"
Riddick: Let's play.
(Chronicles of Riddick)
Summer is a state of mind.
ribs

Re:

Postby wilma05 on Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:18 pm

the people in the other flat that you are talking about are always there for you and will always be there for you, you know where they are if you need to talk, and maybe if you to talk to them when you weren't drunk it would help you more. (not meaning that to sound nasty, can't think of another way to put it!) the other flat will not dimiss you, and tell you that you have lots of friends etc. after all they have all had their problems as well and you have been there for them. xx
wilma05

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:12 am

I would hypothesise that if you managed to realise this was your housemate then there must be a level of, if not complete, truth in what she is saying. Then again, i could be completely wrong, but that doesn't happen often.

[hr]

I'd like to change the world but they won't give me the source code.
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!! on Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:05 am

I don't think the sinner is the best place for this type of problem. It can potentially cause difficulties when people realise who is being spoken about.

And yeh it's not fair on the people you're talking about as it may make them look bad when the reality of the situation is very different.

Maybe talking to the people involved would be a better idea?
Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!!

Re:

Postby Idealist on Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:29 pm

Well I would say, generally that people who are loud and in-your-face type are generally the most insecure, its just a cover up.

Sometimes it helps to keep that in mind. x

[hr]

[s]"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"[/s]
[s]"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"[/s]
Idealist

Re:

Postby Maddie on Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:31 pm

I think that you should talk to your flatamtes about your prolems.Dont moan on here.Its not fair on them, as youll just keep on isolating yourself and them, and maybe loosing them as friends as theyll carry on as normal, and you will still have a problem.
Talk to them or suffer with your problems.
Maddie

Re:

Postby davearnie on Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:52 pm

Well i know exactly where you are coming from as i do/have exactly the same problems with feeling that people don't give an interest in me or having nooone who i can really phone up and hang out with.

So if you want to talk to someone who knows what its like, then give me a bell, also SSS are pretty good for talking to.
davearnie

Return to Advice Please!