Home

TheSinner.net

funding for further degrees

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

funding for further degrees

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:51 pm

Hey, does anyone know if it would be possible in any way for me to get funding if I chose to take another undergraduate degree after completing the degree I'm doing? I would go for an MA Mphil but the course I want to do after university is so totally unrelated to anything I'm doing at the moment that I'm worried I wouldn't have the right degree to be accepted into a postgrad programme. Any ideas?

Re:

Postby Gubbins on Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:42 pm

Many universities offer a "Foundation" or "Transfer" year that allows people crossing disciplines, or re-entering the field after long absences, to take catch up over a shorter period of time.

It is probably worth enquiring with the head of department for the particular course you are interested in whether the University does this and, if not, what (s)he advises you do.

[hr]

...then again, that is only my opinion.
...then again, that is only my opinion.
Gubbins

Re:

Postby Okocim on Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:52 pm

Depending on what you want to do, you may not even have to do a transfer year. Many postgrad courses, particularly more vocational ones (eg. management, marketing, etc) will only ask that you have a degree and don't specify what it has to be in.
Okocim

Return to Advice Please!