Home

TheSinner.net

Rasin Weekend

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Rasin Weekend

Postby FirstyB on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:34 pm

Right, so i've just become a third year, and have pretty much got as many kids as i could get a hold of. Its been two years since my own rasin weekend, and have forgotten most of what you're meant to do about it.

Anybody know what the whole tradition is? I remember something about the mum cooking dinner, and the dad getting them drunk, but being drunk myself most of the weekend i wasn't really paying attention. What things are meant to happen on what days, and what time does the foam fight usually start and end?

Cheers!
FirstyB

Re: Rasin Weekend

Postby munchingfoo on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:14 pm

http://www.yourunion.net/raisin

If you can get around the shit attempt at humour and poor writing style that webpage should tell you a few things.
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Postby FirstyB on Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:44 pm

Cheers for that. Turns out all i need to do is make sure they're constantly drinking... Here we come Aldi Vodka!
FirstyB

Postby jollytiddlywink on Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:55 am

FirstyB wrote:Cheers for that. Turns out all i need to do is make sure they're constantly drinking... Here we come Aldi Vodka!

You should also make sure that your children have a good weekend. As well as getting them drunk (if they want to get drunk), making sure that no harm comes to them as a result is also a parental duty. I stayed sober when hosting my father's party for my kids for precisely that reason.
jollytiddlywink

Postby Al on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:49 pm

munchingfoo wrote:http://www.yourunion.net/raisin

If you can get around the shit attempt at humour and poor writing style that webpage should tell you a few things.

The trouble is that much of what the author of those webpages is telling people is plainly wrong. For example, the author claims that fourth years (or postgraduates, I presume) cannot adopt. Wrong. And only bejants/bejantines can be adopted? Wrong again.

It would be better if the Union website had no information if the information published is going to be so incorrect.
Al

Return to Advice Please!