Home

TheSinner.net

Tattoos

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Tattoos

Postby FieryFairy on Mon May 03, 2010 9:33 pm

Has anyone had a tattoo done at Angels on South Street? I have been in a couple of times with friends, but not in a while. I've been thinking of having a small tattoo done; just wondering what anyone's experiences have been?

Thanks
FieryFairy

Re: Tattoos

Postby 12giraffes on Mon May 03, 2010 11:19 pm

Hey

I've had a couple of tattoos done there. I got my most recent one finished there in November. The guys are really easy to talk to about it all, and they have no issues about telling you if something isn't gonna look good or just isn't gonna work. As for the tattoo itself, it looks really great. Admittedly I can't ever really see it properly cause it's on my back, but everyone who's seen it says it's really well done and looks good. Overall my experiences there have been good ones, hence why I went back!
12giraffes

Postby Lilith on Tue May 04, 2010 4:43 pm

This question is asked every year! My advice is if you want a small or highly detailed or text tattoo DON'T get it done there! My three friends all got tattoos done there about 2 years ago. The tattoos were all small, one was greek letters on the wrist, the other a detailed cross on the forearm and finally text on upper arm. ALL these tattoos are now blurred. The ink has bled into the skin in all 3 cases. The cross has no detail to it now and looks like it has been coloured in. The Greek letters are smudged. And the text tattoo is the worst - if the person doesn't tell you what it says you've got no chance in hell of being able to read it! But hey, you never know maybe John has had more practice now!
Lilith

Postby Dempsey on Tue May 04, 2010 5:13 pm

Had piercings and tattoos done in Angels and I'd absolutely recommend them. Nice bunch of guys too 8-)
Striving to maintain exceptional standards of debauchery.
Dempsey

Postby stripedtights on Wed May 05, 2010 8:15 am

They seem to be a bit hit and miss, several of my friends have had tatoos there and yes, some have bled and one has just faded so badly it looks like it was drawn on.
"he who hides his private parts will never have children(or fun)"
stripedtights

Postby pearlsandpoppies on Wed May 05, 2010 3:25 pm

I got my tattoo at Angels back in 2004. It healed badly and scarred. I can't blame this on Angels as it was on my hip and rubbed on trousers. I went back and they reinked all the black in the tattoo for a small price of course! I kind of regret my choice of tattoo but again that is my own fault. If you want a cheap tattoo done from a template and don't want anything with detail then I would say go for it. But think carefully about what you really want!
pearlsandpoppies

Postby FieryFairy on Wed May 05, 2010 6:57 pm

Thanks for the replies - sounds like a bit of a mixed bag...

I will keep thinking about the tattoo idea in general, I have always wanted a small one, but it is something I am going to have my whole life, so I might look into whether an artist in Edinburgh has better feedback for small, unique tattoos.

Thanks!
FieryFairy

Postby Haunted on Thu May 06, 2010 12:40 pm

Tribal in Edinburgh, go there.
Genesis 19:4-8
Haunted

Return to Advice Please!