Home

TheSinner.net

Where to get a hamster?

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Where to get a hamster?

Postby PetLover on Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:39 pm

I really LOVE hamsters and want to keep some (2-3). As it is not hard to buy all the cages and beddings, where in St Andrews could I get the live and lovely hamsters? :love:

If I have to travel to Edinburgh or Glasgow to get them I will do! However, I wish I could get them no far away than Dundee. :roll:
PetLover

Re: Where to get a hamster?

Postby FieryFairy on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:44 pm

I think Acorn pets on Bell Street sometimes has them - otherwise there's a pet store (can't remember what it's called) near Asda in Dundee, off the Kingsway.

Haven't ever seen anyone talking about hamsters on here before.
FieryFairy

Postby queen of scots on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:18 pm

Yes, the pet shop on Bell Street sometimes has them. Another place to try is the garden centre in Cupar. If you can travel north of Dundee, there's an SSPCA rescue centre betwen Dundee and Forfar on the A90 which is where I got my current hamster from.
Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100070
queen of scots

Postby Oldbie on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:50 pm

Best going to a rescue as you'll get told the various personalities and the rescue workers will make sure you end up with healthy bright eyed hamsters that aren't as fond of biting through your finger!

Also, most pet shops get their hamsters from horrific conditions (think hamsters being kept in small plastic tubs and bred continuously) and often come with wet-tail. Buying from a shop just reinforces that demand :/
Oldbie

Return to Advice Please!