Home

TheSinner.net

Undergraduate Accomodation: Mixed or not?

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Undergraduate Accomodation: Mixed or not?

Postby Soon-to-be-newbie on Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:55 pm

Hey!

I'm starting in St Andrews in September as an undergraduate. I've applied for all my accomodation etc. and just found out I'm in DRA, I was just wondering if they are mixed or single sex flats? I figured you guys would know haha!

Soon-to-be-newbie

Re: Undergraduate Accomodation: Mixed or not?

Postby 5HT on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:32 pm

Soon-to-be-newbie wrote:Hey!

I'm starting in St Andrews in September as an undergraduate. I've applied for all my accomodation etc. and just found out I'm in DRA, I was just wondering if they are mixed or single sex flats? I figured you guys would know haha!

pretty sure they're mixed
5HT

Postby Soon-to-be-newbie on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:38 am

Aww, I hope so. Don't know if I could handle living with 5 other hormonal girls haha! Thanks!
Soon-to-be-newbie

Postby beeny on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:16 am

Nope. The individual flats are single sex for 1st year undergraduates.The buildings, however, are mixed.
'But what do I know? I'm a bear; I suck the heads off fish.'
beeny

Postby Timata on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:29 am

Also, it'll be 4 others - there should only be five rooms (unless you've got one of the ones with a twin room)... 8-)
Timata

Postby squeakyross on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:42 pm

From what I remember, the policy is not to mix unless a specific request is made, where practical (so if they have to, yes they'll mix genders on a group of randoms, but it's exceptionally rare).
squeakyross

Postby Delts on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:13 pm

squeakyross wrote:From what I remember, the policy is not to mix unless a specific request is made, where practical (so if they have to, yes they'll mix genders on a group of randoms, but it's exceptionally rare).

It's not rare in the slightest after first year. It's very common in fact. But as said above, single sex in first year.
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Return to Advice Please!