Home

TheSinner.net

Accommodation after semester ends

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Accommodation after semester ends

Postby payal on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:26 pm

Hello,

I am a post graduate at the University. I will finish by August end but will come back in october to work till january end at my department (CREEM). I've contacted the university accommodation services but they say they're keeping the rooms for current students..understandable.

I've also been posting on the sinner and asking around for rooms. Do you have any ideas/advice as to how i should go about my search? should i get in touch with a letting agent? will they charge me if i find a room /house through them? how much could they charge? also..do you think i will be able to find a place considering i am not applying for a 9 month or 12 month lease? how should i appraoch the rooms-for-rent, considering most of the owners would want a tenant for longer than 4 months.

that's a lot of questions i know. if you could give me some pointers would be nice. contact of a good leeting agent for example? n how much they could charge (if any) so i don't get duped. anything really..

Thanks,
Payal
payal

Return to Advice Please!