Home

TheSinner.net

Help with accommodation please?

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Help with accommodation please?

Postby ajm on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:52 pm

Sorry because I know there are a million topics like this one but could someone please decode the following from my accommodation offer:
Premise UN/LC40b
UN = University Hall I assume, L = something to do with Lumsden? 40 being my room number and b indicating that I'm sharing ... I'm just guessing for the most part. The C baffles me. What does it mean?? Also, how can I go about finding my roommate to sort out things like TV licence etc? Is there any way?

I apologise for all the questions v.v
ajm

Re: Help with accommodation please?

Postby 5HT on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:57 pm

C is your floor..
5HT

Postby ajm on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:13 am

Ah thank you! :)
ajm

Postby Kathryn on Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:06 pm

Hello!

You code means that you are in the Lumsden wing of University hall on C floor in room 40 with a room mate. If you want to try and find your roommate i would recommend the uni hall facebook group (http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 521&ref=ts). You don't need to worry about a T.V. license as there are no t.v.s in the rooms. If you want to bring one with you then you will have to look into acquiring one once you're there- your wardenial team can help, however there really isn't a need as Uni hall has two televisions(one is supposedly for sport and the other for entertainment). Finally, congratulations for getting into uni hall! It is, by far, the best of the halls so far as environment and spirit goes, not to mention facilities! On the facebook group you will find lots of information from your exec committee and other residents. Any questions you have they will be more than happy to answer. Good luck and enjoy your year!
Kathryn

Return to Advice Please!