Home

TheSinner.net

Guitar teacher wanted!

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Guitar teacher wanted!

Postby Em_Lou on Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:39 am

Hi!

I have played the acoustic guitar on and off for a few years but I am very keen to get better. I think the only solution is to get some lessons so I know what direction to go in to improve and so I was wondering if there is anyone out there who plays and would be willing to teach me for a reasonably small fee (I am not the richest of people right now, being a student, but I am willing to pay a fair price!) or if you know of anyone who may be willing to do so. I have tried Younger hall but they only had an electric or classical teacher and also they are rather expensive.

Please contact me on eld22@st-andrews.ac.uk, or reply to this if you could teach me or you can point me towards someone who can!

Thanks in advance for your help. I am so keen to get playing!
:D
Em_Lou

Re: Guitar teacher wanted!

Postby Super Jock on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:19 am

Would have loved to but i don't live anywhere near st andrews any more.

Peace of advice for getting out of the beginners doldrums... learn a song start to finish (doesn't have to be hard) and write it down, before you go onto learning another song play from your songs your know list a few times.

Also this website is good for obscure chords: http://www.chordbook.com/guitarchords.php
Super Jock

Re: Guitar teacher wanted!

Postby rockharp04 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:23 pm

If you email HSK music (<hskmusic@email.com>) they can give you a list of guitar teachers in the area. Good luck!
rockharp04

Return to Advice Please!