Home

TheSinner.net

How to talk

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

How to talk

Postby Guest on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi,

Having recently met someone whom I fancy rather a lot would the sinner have any advice on how to relax in her presence?

Whenever I open my mouth to speak to her I produce a barely audible mixture of nonsense and drivel graced with trembling lips, stuttering and the complexion of a tomato. I'm aware of it but can't help it, which in turn makes me feel like such a twat, which makes it worse. To combat this I just say less which makes me seem disinterested and bored. This of course is the last thing I want. :(

Re: How to talk

Postby IBS on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:25 am

I'll offer to help you out but it will take a little time. Email me at inspiredbysilence@gmail.com if you want help.
IBS

Postby jollytiddlywink on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:38 pm

I would say that if whenever you try to speak to her you turn bright red and are reduced to mumbling incoherence, she can probably tell you like her! So take heart, that's one small bridge already crossed.
Take a big, deep breath, and take things one sentence at a time. And don't worry if you don't do too much talking; women love men who are good at listening (and they often confuse 'good listener' with 'doesn't talk much').
jollytiddlywink

Postby DrRajeshRamayanKoothrappali on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:23 pm

Alcohol. It works for me. Just watch out for non-alcoholic beer.
DrRajeshRamayanKoothrappali

Postby Hennessy on Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:19 pm

It's a good thing it isn't a University's job to produce normal socially functional members of society for you then isn't it? Otherwise most of the science departments would be empty, and most of the faculty buildings devoid of staff. Next time you see her why don't you just grab her, sniff her arse then start manically dry-humping her leg. She'd probably appreciate you're trying your best to get your intentions across without -y'know-using the english language.
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Postby Guest on Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:42 pm

Read The Game, by Neil Strauss.

Postby Cain on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:05 am

Guest wrote:Read The Game, by Neil Strauss.

But don't, whatever you do, lose the game
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Postby Delts on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:51 pm

Cain wrote:

But don't, whatever you do, lose the game

DAMN YOU!

I'd went a week without losing :(
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Postby Daniel on Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:58 pm

Daniel

Postby Guest on Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:50 pm

It works, though.

Postby novium on Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:38 am

Oh yes, for sure imitate those assholes. That'll work for sure. And not, you know, make you look like an asshole yourself.
Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Postby Guest on Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:33 am

Why do you say that?

Postby Guest on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:22 am

Guest wrote:Why do you say that?

I wouldn't want to sleep with anyone who wanted to sleep with me because I dressed like a douche-bag, acted like an asshat and insulted her. Call it an aesthetic choice.

P.S. - Why is it forbidden to have a username which includes 'Marx'.

Postby Fawksie on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:35 pm

Guest wrote:P.S. - Why is it forbidden to have a username which includes 'Marx'.

Is it?
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Postby Guest on Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:39 pm

I wouldn't want to sleep with anyone who wanted to sleep with me because I dressed like a douche-bag, acted like an asshat and insulted her. Call it an aesthetic choice.

I'm curious how you got that impression. I don't recall The Game making any of these recommendations.

Postby Guest on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:11 am

Guest wrote:

I'm curious how you got that impression. I don't recall The Game making any of these recommendations.

(a) 'Dressing like a Douchebag' aka 'peacocking' - http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=peacoc ... he+game%22
(b) 'Insulted her' aka 'negging' - http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=negging+"the+game"
(c) 'Acted like an asshat' - 1) read books intended (whether it works or not) to instruct you how to 'pick up' women not for anything meaningful but for a one night stand (read; 'misogynism'), 2) 'Negging' again, 3) 'out-alphaing' - In mixed company acting like a prick to establish yourself as the 'alpha male'.

Postby Guest on Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:21 pm

Guest wrote:(a) 'Dressing like a Douchebag' aka 'peacocking' - http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=peacoc ... he+game%22
(b) 'Insulted her' aka 'negging' - http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=negging+"the+game"
(c) 'Acted like an asshat' - 1) read books intended (whether it works or not) to instruct you how to 'pick up' women not for anything meaningful but for a one night stand (read; 'misogynism'), 2) 'Negging' again, 3) 'out-alphaing' - In mixed company acting like a prick to establish yourself as the 'alpha male'.

I'm more interested in why you interpret them that way.

Is going to a night club in a kilt "Dressing like a Douchebag".

The first 'neg' that Style used in The Game was "If I wasn't gay, you'd be so mine". In what way is that an insult?

Return to Advice Please!