Home

TheSinner.net

good value hairdresser?

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

good value hairdresser?

Postby geekchic98 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:47 pm

i know that there are a number of salons in st andrews... but this will be my first time getting a proper haircut in town!! what is the best place to go that will give me a good cut for a reasonable price? how much should i expect to pay? thank you!! xx
geekchic98

Re: good value hairdresser?

Postby mhu on Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:51 pm

I recommend Studio 93 on Tom Morris Lane. Not in town, so cheaper for that, but great service too.

£27 for wash, cut and blowdry, and if you get a colour it's just £50 and the price of a cut is included in that.

Their number is 477212
mhu

Re: good value hairdresser?

Postby ELysistrata on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Keep your eye open for salons looking for hair models. Sophie Butler often does this, either for free, or a small amount (say, 5 quid for men, 10 for women), depending on the level of experience of the person cutting your hair. Any good salon will have someone supervising a trainee, and will tell you upfront about any of the costs. On this last point, don't trust the place next to WH Smith as far as you can throw it (I know what it's called but not naming names on this point). They advertise for hair models for trainees who have barely started at college and hardly supervise them, then smack you with a large charge at the end. Poor service.

You can also find a travelling hairdresser who advertises in the Citizen and has good reviews.
ELysistrata

Return to Advice Please!