Home

TheSinner.net

Proofreader of Masters and PhD Theses

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Proofreader of Masters and PhD Theses

Postby Dave25 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:21 pm

I am on the University's list of proofreaders and have corrected work at all levels, including MLitt and PhD theses. I write to a high standard and can provide assistance on areas including grammar, style and sentence structure.

I am a Carnegie Scholarship winner for 2012 and am beginning a PhD in the School of International Relations in September. I graduated in German with International Relations from St Andrews, having previously worked in banking. Since January 2011 I have edited a political magazine, Global Politics, and I contribute to the Daily Beast and Huffington Post. In the last year I have proofread theses by students from Asia, the UK, France, the Netherlands and Germany in subject areas including finance, psychology, chemistry, website development, art history, architecture, economics, management, international relations and human resource management. A German student for whom I proofread in Munich gained a 1,0 (100%) mark for his masters thesis, which was written in English, and many St Andrews students from Asia and Germany for whom I proofread have received distinctions. My aim is to ensure that your assignment or thesis will read as well in English as it would in your own language. Testimonials available on request.

If you would like more information, please contact me at djm62@st-andrews.ac.uk or davidglobalpolitics@gmail.com
Last edited by Dave25 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Dave25

Re: Proofreader of Masters and PhD Theses

Postby Delts on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:45 am

Dave25 wrote:...contribute regularly to the Huffington Post...

Not something /I/ would brag about to be honest...
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Postby Dave25 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:48 pm

Horses for courses really. Some people would rather be published in a peer reviewed journal with a readership of ten, and why not! Different publications have different merits, apart from The Daily Mail which I don't think has any.
Dave25

Postby Delts on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:24 pm

Dave25 wrote:apart from The Daily Mail which I don't think has any.

From what I gather Huffington Post is regarded as being of similar quality by many. Then again, I read neither so my judgement isn't the best.
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Return to Advice Please!