Home

TheSinner.net

when are exam results out?

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

when are exam results out?

Postby KateBush on Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:18 pm

anyone know? what's with the new bit on the record card telling us that modules are subject to approval by the Faculty's Dean?
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

Re:

Postby JonCore on Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:53 pm

presumably before 7th of June, because thats when we can book our retakes and so on..
JonCore

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:51 pm

It has always been the case, it has just been added to the form. The results can be posted as they are generated, however some classes are moderated and such like and are therefore open to changes at a later date under the authority of the Dean I believe. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby immunodiffusion on Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:12 pm

I have heard that final year honours marks are not going to be released until Friday, even if they know what the marks are earlier than this. I don't know why, but I imagine they are extra careful about reporting these marks as once you know them you will be able to calculate your honours classificaton.
immunodiffusion

Re:

Postby KateBush on Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:45 pm

who did you hear that from? they have meetings to discuss borderline cases and special circumstances, usually on the tuesday or wednesday, I think. SO that might account for final year marks being later. Not sure though, really. Has anyone else got the bit appearing at the top of their record saying "all marks are subject to being signed by the Dean of Faculty"? Surely that could be their get out clause? If anyone in power is reading this- POST THEM! damn you POST THEM!
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:39 am

I heard that from my tutor. I believe it is a uni wide thing that each department selects a course or a lecturer or two to moderate. Something to do with keeping in line with national scales and stuff.
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:09 am

all mine are up apart from my project, which was the most worrying one. :S
andrewdalgleish

Return to Advice Please!