Home

TheSinner.net

Double room in house off Canongate for Academic Year 14/15

Looking for flatmates or accommodation? Post here! Please start your subject "Wanted" or "Available", and keep us updated if your circumstances change.

Double room in house off Canongate for Academic Year 14/15

Postby Dave25 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:18 am

I'm looking for one person for academic year 2014/15, sharing with myself and probably a postgrad from Germany.

There is a double room available (furnished) from 5 Sept 2014. Lease will be arranged through solicitor at MDDC.

Spacious shared house in a quiet residential area between Botanic Gardens and Morrisons (https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Lin ... 0c12ad2f31) about 15 minutes walk from town centre.

There is a garden to rear, barbecue and patio heater. Fitted kitchen, washing machine, fridge freezer, microwave, cooker, hob, and various other appliances. TV and DVD player with Sky TV. Wireless unlimited download fibreoptic broadband included in the price. Double-glazed and gas central heating. Heated towel rail in bathroom. Parking bays available nearby. Bills (gas, electricity and telephone) and council tax (if not exempt) are extra.

Please note, there can only be single people in each room. No couples (or pets) unfortunately.

I'm currently a second year IR PhD student and would like to share with individuals who are pretty mature in experience and outlook, so my preference would be for postgrads or monumentally sensible people who are in honours. If you're looking for the buzz of student life, parties and loud music, then this definitely isn't for you.

House is militantly non-smoking. Lease will run from 5 September to approx 30 June. An extension over summer is possible after the British Open finishes (i.e. person would have to move out 30 June to 21 July)

For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact David at djm62@st-andrews.ac.uk
Dave25

Re: Double room in house off Canongate for Academic Year 14/

Postby zynpcvlk on Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:57 pm

Hello David, how much is the room?
zynpcvlk

Postby spithis on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:35 am

Dear Mr David.

My name is Sotirios Peithis. I am a Postgraduate student looking to major in Ancient History in the University of Saint Andrews.
Your post on the forum TheSinner caught my attention : I am a quiet person who would prefer to avoid parties and focus on my studies for the brief time i will be staying in Scotland (2014-2015). I recently graduated from the French University Paul Valery where I had been admitted with a Scholarship for Excellence for my results in the french Baccalaureate.
I am fluent in both French and Greek, two languages I have been speaking ever since I learned to talk, and my Spanish is at a good level as well.
My interests are simple : I enjoy music, books, games and I have been actively pursuing theater as a hobby for the past 15 years. I also occasionally practice sports, latest of which was Medieval fencing which also helped my to better understand my courses in Medieval military history in France. I also do not smoke.

I would be very interested in learning more about the house you publicized on the forum.

You can reach me on this university address here : sccp@st-andrews.ac.uk

Thank you for your time and help.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Sotirios Peithis
spithis

Postby animamundi on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:07 pm

Hello David,

My name is Veronika Prokopenkova. I am a postgraduate Psychology student looking for accommodation for the academic term 2014-2015. I am from Russia but I have grown up and studied in Greece. I would describe myself as an introverted, calm, responsible and diligent individual for whom studies constitute a priority. I enjoy books, music and traveling. I would be happy to learn more about the house and discuss the prospect of sharing the house. My email is: vp38@st-andrews.ac.uk. Please do not hesitate to contact me. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.Thank you.

Best regards,
Veronika Prokopenkova
animamundi

Postby Dave25 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:54 am

Rooms have now gone.
Dave25

Return to Accommodation