Home

TheSinner.net

TAKEN (Free TV)

Selling something? Looking for something to buy? Want to share a taxi somewhere? Post here! Include "For Sale" or "Wanted" in your subject.

TAKEN (Free TV)

Postby lost_eden on Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:11 pm

I have an old 20" Sony Trinitron CRT television up for grabs. I've never used it to watch TV, so I can't guarantee that the aerial socket works, but the SCART socket definitely works. Whoever wants it will have to collect it from my flat on the corner of Kinnessburn Road & Pipeland Road.

It originally belonged to the Chemistry department here at St Andrews (still has the stickers on the back, dating back to 1988!), they threw it out about 4 years ago when I was in 1st year & I fervently lugged it back to New Hall & proceeded to watch all 9 seasons of the X-Files on it, as well as many a movie with my then girlfriend. It then followed me through 6 different flats as I completed my undergrad (the girlfriend didn't, incidentally) but as it has only been switched on once in the last 18 months it's time for it to move on to a new loving home, where it can continue proving to the Chemistry department that the skip was no place for it.

Edit: you can reply here or drop me an email at cjd44
Last edited by lost_eden on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lost_eden

Re: Free TV

Postby lost_eden on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:00 am

Taken, pending collection.
lost_eden

Re: Free TV

Postby lost_eden on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:12 pm

Taken.
lost_eden

Re: TAKEN (Free TV)

Postby orudge on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:49 pm

lost_eden wrote:I've never used it to watch TV, so I can't guarantee that the aerial socket works

The aerial socket is not going to be much use these days anyway, unless you want to hook it up to a particularly retro console or VCR!
orudge
Administrator

Postby Lilith on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:56 pm

Dude, who are you? That's my old flat. I'd recognise that shitey carpet anyday. :o
Lilith

Postby Delts on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:04 am

Lilith wrote:Dude, who are you? That's my old flat. I'd recognise that shitey carpet anyday. :o

The fact that I know who all three of you are fills me with mild glee. I have secret knowledge :D
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Postby Lilith on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:21 pm

well i figured out who lost_eden was...bottom right hand corner of photo gave it away slightly, but now i want to know who you are delts <_< pretty sure you dont know me... :ninja:
Lilith

Postby Kegrad on Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:31 am

Lilith wrote:well i figured out who lost_eden was...bottom right hand corner of photo gave it away slightly

After reading that I spent too long looking for a reflection in the TV...
Kegrad

Postby Delts on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:25 pm

Lilith wrote:well i figured out who lost_eden was...bottom right hand corner of photo gave it away slightly, but now i want to know who you are delts <_< pretty sure you dont know me... :ninja:

We've not met more than a couple of times briefly. I know Harry far better :)
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Return to Trading Stuff