Home

TheSinner.net

Selling Gadgets, Books and Clothes

Selling something? Looking for something to buy? Want to share a taxi somewhere? Post here! Include "For Sale" or "Wanted" in your subject.

Selling Gadgets, Books and Clothes

Postby xandy on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:18 pm

Inapplicable.
Last edited by xandy on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
xandy

Re: Selling Gadgets, Books and Clothes

Postby lost_eden on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:31 pm

A brand new 2GB 1333MHz SODIMM is ~£10 from any reputable etailer, so you may want to rethink your price.
lost_eden

Postby Delts on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:13 pm

But it's Apple RAM! You forget that makes it worth at least five times as much!
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Postby xandy on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:57 pm

Inapplicable.
Last edited by xandy on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
xandy

Postby Delts on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Yeah, you obviously haven't noted any of my other posts or took the correct meaning here. I was taking the piss. Apple quality is no better than any other brand and due to the fact that it is RAM and therefore you can't show off to all your friends that you have something made by apple making the price hike completely pointless. But, if people think that a magical single word like Apple printed on a label on it makes it that much better than another word like Corsair (pirates > fruit imo) or Crucial, then that's up to them.

There was another thread not too long ago with someone trying to sell an old mac. The asking price was a joke but since it was apple surely it must be worth more. This just isn't the case. Apple products depreciate just like everything else and most items are worth almost bugger all once you've actually bought them. There are a few minor exceptions, but not many.
Delts

Postby xandy on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:53 pm

Inapplicable.
Last edited by xandy on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
xandy

Postby Delts on Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:43 pm

Because it's the going market rate. Just because you paid over the odds that's your issue. Although I am in part getting at you it's also silly to expect to manage to sell something second hand above the market rate.
Delts

Postby lost_eden on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:02 pm

Like most companies that sell RAM, Apple don't actually manufacture it themselves. They do what everybody does - buy it OEM from the manufacturer (Micron, Hynix, etc.) then attach their own sticker & sell it as their own. Thus a stick of RAM from Apple is exactly the same as a stick of RAM from anybody else - same factory, same production line, same components. The only difference between a stick you buy from Apple & a stick you buy from somebody else is the label & the price.

If I was selling 2x 1GB SODIMMs I wouldn't ask for any more than £5, or maybe a pint or two. In fact I recently gave away a 1GB SODIMM (incidentally, it came from an Apple laptop, go figure) because I knew it wasn't worth anything. I also have 2x 512MB SODIMMs (also from an Apple laptop) which I am also giving away for free.

If you do find some poor gullible soul willing to pay you £30 though, congratulations, spend it well.
lost_eden

Return to Trading Stuff