Home

TheSinner.net

Where Have All The Good Men Gone..?

If you're looking for a relationship, some fun or just some new friends, why not try here? One ad per thread. Reply privately if the ad requests it, and no excessive making fun of people.

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:19 am

This is just to let you all know that all the good men of St.Andrews have in fact been kidnapped by myself and a few of the other ugly, gay or taken men of St.Andrews who are otherwise so infamous in destroying any fair maiden's hopes of gaining a proper and satisfying romance.

We will be auctioning them off today at West Sands, bids will be starting at 2pm from $300. If nobody turns up, we kill them all, obviously.
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby kas48 on Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:04 am

oh well... crap! i'm working then...

[hr]

The bird with the thorn in its breast, it follows an immutable law. It is driven by it knows not what to impale itself, and die singing. At the very instant that the thorn enters there is no awareness in it of the dying to come; it simply sings and sings until there is not the life left to sing another note. But we, when we put the thorns in our breasts, we know. We know and still we do it. Still we do it.
kas48

Why Are Men Such Bastards?

Postby kas48 on Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:52 am

There must be a biological reason...

[hr]

The bird with the thorn in its breast, it follows an immutable law. It is driven by it knows not what to impale itself, and die singing. At the very instant that the thorn enters there is no awareness in it of the dying to come; it simply sings and sings until there is not the life left to sing another note. But we, when we put the thorns in our breasts, we know. We know and still we do it. Still we do it.
kas48

Re:

Postby n01 on Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:10 am

n01

Re:

Postby big_phil on Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:25 am

We aren't all bastards

Quoting n01 from 05:10, 9th Oct 2005
yeah, its called women.

[hr]

http://standrews.thefacebook.com/profil ... d=37104508
big_phil

Re:

Postby bramble on Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:33 pm

:(

I cant seem to find any good men either...aside from my wonderful friends :)

[hr]

When you try your best but you dont succeed. When you get what you want but not what you need. When you feel so tired but you cant sleep. Stuck in reverse
Ich will die Ruhe stören...
bramble

Re:

Postby chat noir on Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:29 pm

You could try women. Not that I'm suggesting myself. While you are offended at the way people judge you you seem rather quick to judge yourself.
Seduce my mind and you can have my body. Find my soul and I am yours forever. Work like you don't need the money, dance like no one is watching, always deliver more than you promise, and love like you have never been hurt before.

-Sean Christopher Dean
chat noir

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:41 pm

Why Men Are Bastards: By Robert 'Please Go Away' Beverage Derived From Grapes Young Man

I think Men are frequently labelled as being Bastards by those we call Women because Women like to communicate in a way that is explicitly non-verbal, and borders perhaps on the telepathic. Men have not mastered this just yet, and whilst they try pretty hard, others of the same group give up and decide it's far easier to just go for a quick one with some Woman who will just turn round and ask why Men are Bastards the next day.
In conclusion to this fine and in-depth discussion, Men are not Bastards no more so than Woman are Very Weird and or Strange.
I am always available to display to any Woman who might be interested just how unbastardlike I am.
I thank you.
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:33 pm

I thought i'd found a good guy until he broke up with me in Fresher's Week and promptly started going out with our academic daughter :-P

Not that he actually admitted that to me, in fact he lied to my face about it - i only know because obviously my friends have more respect for me than he does and thought i should know the truth.

But anyway,yeah men are wankers. But i'm sure women aren't all that much better - i've never gone out with one to know :-P

Don't have an answer as to why though apart from the obvious fact that people are intrinsically selfish and do care more about their own feelings than they ever will anyone elses :-P

I'm now going to go and work on ridding myself of this cynical attitude.

[hr]

[s]A Question
A voice said, Look me in the stars
And tell me truly, men of earth,
If all the soul-and-body scars
Were not too much to pay for birth.
---Robert Frost[/s]
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Cain on Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:38 pm

good men are as confused as to why women can't find them as women are to why they can't find good men.

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:29 pm

Quoting bramble from 13:33, 9th Oct 2005

All men are bastards, because the ones who aren't are your guy friends...

[hr]

"But, I really love your arrogant overtones [, Alex] (I still like you, man)."-threekings
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby bramble on Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:16 pm

Quoting DrAlex from 17:29, 9th Oct 2005
Quoting bramble from 13:33, 9th Oct 2005

All men are bastards, because the ones who aren't are your guy friends...

[hr]

"But, I really love your arrogant overtones [, Alex] (I still like you, man)."-threekings

Then theres no bloody hope :(

[hr]

When you try your best but you dont succeed. When you get what you want but not what you need. When you feel so tired but you cant sleep. Stuck in reverse
Ich will die Ruhe stören...
bramble

Re:

Postby kas48 on Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:40 pm

for about a month during the summer i was with this guy, who then broke it off without any explanation. however, as we were living together until mid september, we remained friendly, although i still had no clue as to why he'd had enough. now, he comes to where i work all the time. last night he was there with this girl and was sucking her face off. i do 30 hours/week so there's quite a chance that i'll be there when he comes in! surely there are other pubs he could go to make out with this new woman, rather than at my place of work where i have to witness it! it's really not on, as i have to work and serve him (when he acts as if nothing's the miss), etc. and be friendly to other customers.

surely this is very rude, insensitive behaviour, and a case of the "bastardism" of men? but, all be said, finally i've learnt what a dick he is, and can move on. soon.

[hr]

kas48

Re:

Postby big_phil on Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:05 pm

I'm sorry, but just coz one guy was a bastard doesn't make the rest of us the same.

Quoting kas48 from 18:40, 9th Oct 2005
for about a month during the summer i was with this guy, who then broke it off without any explanation. however, as we were living together until mid september, we remained friendly, although i still had no clue as to why he'd had enough. now, he comes to where i work all the time. last night he was there with this girl and was sucking her face off. i do 30 hours/week so there's quite a chance that i'll be there when he comes in! surely there are other pubs he could go to make out with this new woman, rather than at my place of work where i have to witness it! it's really not on, as i have to work and serve him (when he acts as if nothing's the miss), etc. and be friendly to other customers.

surely this is very rude, insensitive behaviour, and a case of the "bastardism" of men? but, all be said, finally i've learnt what a dick he is, and can move on. soon.

[hr]

big_phil

Re:

Postby kas48 on Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:30 pm

Quoting big_phil from 20:05, 9th Oct 2005
I'm sorry, but just coz one guy was a bastard doesn't make the rest of us the same.

if i wrote down all the times... you'd get very bored. and i'm not the most miserable cow ever, it's just that i come to the Sinner when i want to have a rant about things! and no, i don't think all men are assholes - i'm just generalising. some men must be nice. i've even gone out with a few that were too nice, if such a thing exists!

calling all men: what are the characteristics of a bastard and how do you avoid them? it seems that i'm drawn to them and i never seem to realise till it's too late!

[hr]

kas48

Re:

Postby Cain on Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:45 pm

Quoting kas48 from 20:30, 9th Oct 2005
calling all men: what are the characteristics of a bastard and how do you avoid them? it seems that i'm drawn to them and i never seem to realise till it's too late!

[hr]

Mr Comedy wrote an article on this back in the day; you can probably find it through his profile.

[hr]

Cain

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:30 am

Quoting Thalia from 15:33, 9th Oct 2005
But anyway,yeah men are wankers. But i'm sure women aren't all that much better - i've never gone out with one to know :-P

Don't have an answer as to why though apart from the obvious fact that people are intrinsically selfish and do care more about their own feelings than they ever will anyone elses :-P

I'm now going to go and work on ridding myself of this cynical attitude.

[hr]

[s]A Question
A voice said, Look me in the stars
And tell me truly, men of earth,
If all the soul-and-body scars
Were not too much to pay for birth.
---Robert Frost[/s]

Agreed!!!

Re:

Postby Odysseus on Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:47 pm

Interestingly enough I saw this fat, middle-aged American golfer attempting to chat up some girls in Golf place the other day. Quite disturbing really...

Utter Bastards often refer to themselves in the 3rd person, watch or play Cricket/Rugby and vote conservative :-)

[hr]

Walk into the bright lights of sorrow, oh drink a bit of wine and we both might go tommorow, my love...
Walk into the bright lights of sorrow, oh drink a bit of wine and we both might go tommorow, my love...
Odysseus

Re:

Postby kas48 on Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:14 pm

[quote]Quoting Odysseus from 20:47, 10th Oct 2005
Interestingly enough I saw this fat, middle-aged American golfer attempting to chat up some girls in Golf place the other day. Quite disturbing really...quote]

Huh??

[hr]

kas48

Re:

Postby kas48 on Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:15 pm

Quoting Odysseus from 20:47, 10th Oct 2005
Interestingly enough I saw this fat, middle-aged American golfer attempting to chat up some girls in Golf place the other day. Quite disturbing really...

huh??

[hr]

kas48

PreviousNext

Return to The Personal Ads Board