Home

TheSinner.net

Live in North Yorkshire? (Or have a car and are driving through that way?)

If you're looking for a relationship, some fun or just some new friends, why not try here? One ad per thread. Reply privately if the ad requests it, and no excessive making fun of people.

Live in North Yorkshire? (Or have a car and are driving through that way?)

Postby ienji on Tue May 13, 2008 12:21 am

I have some stuff which I'll need to transport home at the end of semester. I obviously can't take it all on the train and would like to avoid asking my dad to waste a day in the car.

Is there anyone who's driving that way and would be able/willing to take my books/misc. junk with them? Obviously, I would pay you for both your trouble and petrol. I'm lending a lot of stuff out to friends, so I reckon I could trim the load down to just a few boxes. (As I say, I'm taking the train, so you'd just be transporting my stuff and not me.)

Alternatively, is there anyone who would like to split the cost of a very small moving van? I heard about this company who will shift 16 boxes (a bike counts as two boxes, etc.) for a fixed fee, although I need to get all the details from my mother.

I live in Ripon.
ienji

Re:

Postby Han on Tue May 13, 2008 9:47 pm

How many hours is the journey? When do you want it transported?

I'm not from there or travelling there, but I like driving, quite fancy a road trip and wouldn't mind earning a few quid...I have a Ford Focus so it fits quite a bit of stuff...
Han

Re:

Postby Oli on Wed May 14, 2008 11:11 am

Depending on where and when, I may also be able to help.

Email me through my profile with more info please.

[hr]

[s]In July of this year I shall be walking 78 miles in 6 days in aid of the Joseph Salmon Trust, a charity founded by my friends in memorial to their son Joseph who died aged 3 in April of 2005. Please look at the link below for further details and consider sponsoring me. Thank you.
Donate: http://www.justgiving.com/thedaleswalk (please mention 'Oli' in the comments when donating)
http://www.thejosephsalmontrust.org.uk [/s]
Oli

Re:

Postby HarryP on Wed May 14, 2008 3:45 pm

Do you know the details of the company that will shift 16 boxes? - Have too much stuff to take down to Midlands!
HarryP

Re:

Postby ienji on Wed May 14, 2008 6:13 pm

Quoting Han from 22:47, 13th May 2008
How many hours is the journey? When do you want it transported?

I'm not from there or travelling there, but I like driving, quite fancy a road trip and wouldn't mind earning a few quid...I have a Ford Focus so it fits quite a bit of stuff...

The journey is about five hours long (should be just under, unless you hit a nasty jam) and I need the stuff moved from Fife Park to Ripon (Google Maps should show you). It's not a bad journey, really - fairly scenic through the Borders. I'd like it moved any time from now on. I don't care if it takes all summer to get the stuff home, as I'm out of the country until September '09 and can't do anything with it anyway (although I'm leaving on the 29th of May so the stuff would have to be collected earlier in that case).

You'd be paid £100 upon arrival. If you're interested then please contact me ASAP as my mum will be taking the only opportunity she has to drive up this Friday if I can't find anyone. My Facebook is http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37108600 and my numbers are on there.

Quoting HarryP from 16:45, 14th May 2008
Do you know the details of the company that will shift 16 boxes? - Have too much stuff to take down to Midlands!

Unimoveit.co.uk
ienji

Re:

Postby TheUnixKid on Wed May 14, 2008 8:35 pm

Not that I'm cynical or anything but please don't put all your personal information (like your home postcode) on the internet! You never know who is reading this stuff.
TheUnixKid

Re:

Postby ienji on Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 pm

Quoting TheUnixKid from 21:35, 14th May 2008
Not that I'm cynical or anything but please don't put all your personal information (like your home postcode) on the internet! You never know who is reading this stuff.

You're right, that was silly. I was feeling a bit hurried/desperate when I wrote the message.
ienji

Re:

Postby TheUnixKid on Wed May 14, 2008 9:43 pm

No problem! I'm sure it won't be an issue but it's still a bit concerning. I hope you find someone to help.
TheUnixKid

Re:

Postby ienji on Thu May 15, 2008 5:22 pm

Alrighty. Han has kindly agreed to drive the stuff down for me. Praise be to the Sinner.
ienji

Return to The Personal Ads Board