Home

TheSinner.net

Do Dateable men exist?

If you're looking for a relationship, some fun or just some new friends, why not try here? One ad per thread. Reply privately if the ad requests it, and no excessive making fun of people.

Re: Do Dateable men exist?

Postby bored and confused on Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:11 pm

Delts is nice. I like Delts.

DA Crow - what else have I got?

I'm a really good lay and an even better cook.

DA Crow - In my opinion you are an arse. You pick at stupid, ridiculous little things and you're not even faintly amusing or fun. This post is supposed to be fun; it's just a distraction from the shitty everyday things that everyone has to do. I spent the summer volunteering with disabled kids, then I looked after Gramps who is unwell and now I've just come home from work. Get off your high horse and loosen up!!!
bored and confused

Postby ONeill on Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:08 pm

Firey! I like it...
ONeill

Postby Hennessy on Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:30 pm

What do you want from a dateable (sic) man anyway? You failed to clarify whether you wish to procure this male of the species for dinner, informal coffee meetings, a night on the tiles, a trip to the cinema, an invitation to a ball or a sporting event, a quiet night in with friends, a wine & cheese get-together, or for that matter any other hackneyed and contrived appointments for the inducement of attraction to a member of the opposite sex.

Most men enjoy social events, light conversation, mild amounts of alcohol and good food, so by default are dateable (sic). The problem comes when a 'date' is turned into an interview with a potential sexual partner which, if resulting in failure, will understandably damage his ego and his confidence. This is not helped by the dozens of US television shows which promulgate a false conception of how most normal relationships get started. It ain't with a formal date, that's for sure.
Dates of this stripe are carefully avoided by most men until after the romantic conquest has been made, when there is less pride at stake and the occasion can be a really nice way to treat an important person in your life.

Hope that helps
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Postby DACrowe on Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:39 pm

Delts wrote:Well, she's certainly appeared far nicer than you just did DACrowe.

Just fighting the good fight for peculiar one-eyed Canadians, I guess. The whole Niemöller thing: 'first they came for the clingy Starbucks drinkers....'

bor'd and confus'd wrote: You're not even faintly amusing or fun.

Yikes! I write something which doesn't amuse you, therefore I'm (intrinsically?) 'non-fun'. You've had a few negative experiences with certain Canadians, therefore the whole country is at fault. For someone telling 'unamusing' people they don't know to 'loosen up' you seem pretty... uptight? Defensive? Judgmental? Not things I'd usually call 'nice', though I guess you get a pass what with your disabled children n' all. Sorry to hear about your Grandfather.

Alright, if you're all things to all people, what do you think you're doing wrong? Why is it only whining mounties you seem to be attracting? Maybe you could get a T-Shirt which says "I'm a really good lay and an even better cook"; bet that would start a few Starbucks queue conversations.

Hennessy wrote: It ain't with a formal date, that's for sure.

:D
DACrowe

Postby Delts on Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:48 pm

bored and confused wrote:Delts is nice. I like Delts.

Shit, you aren't meant to think or say that. It is a sign of the rapture.

Must be more evil, must be more evil, must be more evil...
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Postby donpablo on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:01 pm

If you're a good lay and a good cook you must just be reallllly unlucky or have high standards which is a good thing to have. Perhaps you intimidate us men folks and scare off the 'good' ones. There is plenty of 'dateable' men out I'm sure. St Andrew is a haven for finding worthwhile people I have found but you still have to look in the right places for the right one for you. What's wrong with drinking Starbucks? It's one of those guilty pleasures. I know it's 'wrong' but hell I don't care, it's so damn good whatever they do.

Ouch DACrowe that was harsh but still a good save. Hmm maybe I'm having an amateur psychologist moment but does anyone detect some tension between 'DACrowe' and 'bored and confused'? *wink*
donpablo

Postby bored and confused on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:03 pm

DA Crowe; your last post amused me and in the privacy of my kitchen, I may have even smiled. In fact I did smile and then thought to hell with it, Canadians are good people. I should include them on my list, along with the peculiar and gingers. So really now I am just rejecting drug addled, spiced chai drinking, whingy mountain lovers - cut me some slack...please.

In all honesty I don't have a lack of dating oppertunity, lot's of men ask me out. I just want a special one, who appreciates staying in with a bottle of wine (or two), picnics, walks on the beach and Sunday newspapers and I really don't care what he looks like!!!

ps

hanks for the advice. I'm getting the tee printed as we speak - maybe I'll pull out the sharpies and do it myself!
bored and confused

Postby bored and confused on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:13 pm

donpablo - nothing is wrong with starbucks....I love it. I always have a soya vanilla latte and it is a guilty secret which, I seriously enjoy. I used to think that since i'm highly strung enough to order that drink then having a relationship with someone equally as highly strung may be recipe for disaster....

But then I realised that maybe a Starbucks loving couple can just share their strabucks and BOND OVER IT.

FINALLY I HAVE SOLVED THE MYSTERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bored and confused

Postby DACrowe on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:26 pm

donpablo wrote: Hmm maybe I'm having an amateur psychologist moment but does anyone detect some tension between 'DACrowe' and 'bored and confused'? *wink*

bored and confused wrote:...spiced chai drinking, ....

Nap; it looks like I'm ruled out, if only because Taste really does make exceedingly good Chai tea with cinnamon sprinkles.

bored and confused wrote:DA Crowe; your last post amused me and in the privacy of my kitchen, I may have even smiled.

Well so long as you do it in the privacy of your own kitchen. It's just that if you do it online... I explain away my earlier 'arse'ish behaviour on the grounds that's all's fair if someone is wrong on the internets

DACrowe

Postby bored and confused on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:00 pm

Maybe I'll start going to Taste and wearing my new t-shirt there.

(I'm not wrong.) :)
bored and confused

Postby DACrowe on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:12 pm

Ironically, I'm pretty sure I started ordering (slightly) more elabourate drinks so as to see more 'dateable', not wanting the peppermint soy frappuccino drinkers of the world to think I was a prole. Funny old place, the world.
DACrowe

Postby bored and confused on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:22 pm

I really like peppermint hot chocolate, which I'm sure defeats the object of actually drinking hot chocolate.

I keep replying far too quickly. I can hide behind the fact that it's Sunday and no one ever really has anything to do on Sunday...which is why they drink fancy drinks at Starbucks..interesting.
bored and confused

Postby donpablo on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:53 pm

Have to admit the hot chocolate tries to sway me everytime cos you get a tonne of cream with it! I don't really do the elaborate drinks thing. Just regular tea, coffee or beer for me. Can't beat the classics and im comfortable with them :P

My excuses for the posting spree is 'it's summer and i don't have a job!'
donpablo

Postby bored and confused on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:55 pm

I should be cleaning the bathroom but this is so much more fun. I LOVE THE CREAM.
bored and confused

Postby donpablo on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:01 pm

What do they put in it or do to it?! It's so much better than regular cream!

Never thought to ask but can you get it in your coffee? Maybe worth sneaking in a hip flask too and irishing it up :laugh:

That would be heaven.
donpablo

Postby bored and confused on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:10 pm

Bathroom is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am hungry...humph. What shall I eat? I should cook. I really can't be bothered even though I love cooking but not today....
bored and confused

Postby theshadowhost on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:39 pm

http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/2009/09/do-teens-rlly-drink-coffee.html

for ME meeting someone in starbucks would suck cause I dont like paying that much for coffee. in fact the only time I step foot in a coffee shop is if a girl said she wanted to meet there. I guess i'm uptight, and I get enough coffee at the lab.

this whole thread screams of the usual: just meet more people without the intention of romance, and romance will come your way.

some of the stuff you typed sounded funny, but funny on the internet and funny in real life are frequently two very different things:-> you lose the timing and the expression in text.

Also I live on a diet of frozen pizza's and so the food thing doesnt really do it for me :P

in fact on reflection it seems a lot of this thread is about food and drink....
[the implication is that you are fat and therefore cant find a man to date you]

(the reason I am single has probably made itself apparant now.)

at least you have 2 eyes.
theshadowhost

Postby ONeill on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:53 pm

theshadowhost wrote:http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/2009/09/do-teens-rlly-drink-coffee.html

for ME meeting someone in starbucks would suck cause I dont like paying that much for coffee. in fact the only time I step foot in a coffee shop is if a girl said she wanted to meet there. I guess i'm uptight, and I get enough coffee at the lab.

this whole thread screams of the usual: just meet more people without the intention of romance, and romance will come your way.

some of the stuff you typed sounded funny, but funny on the internet and funny in real life are frequently two very different things:-> you lose the timing and the expression in text.

Also I live on a diet of frozen pizza's and so the food thing doesnt really do it for me :P

in fact on reflection it seems a lot of this thread is about food and drink....
[the implication is that you are fat and therefore cant find a man to date you]

(the reason I am single has probably made itself apparant now.)

at least you have 2 eyes.

I'd have gone with that guess as well had I not read one of her other threads a while back where she described herself as petite and even went as far as to include measurements. Bonus points for good memory? Must've left an impression on me at some point or something.
ONeill

Postby donpablo on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:23 pm

*clicks user 'bored and confused'*

*clicks 'search user's posts'*

*digs out calculator and performs a waist-hip ratio calculation*

Hmmmm that's pretty much bang on 0.7, I think we can rule out fat. And if they're right about this attractiveness thing and WHR then we could have a very lovely lady here.
donpablo

Postby DACrowe on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:54 pm

Bored and Confused wrote:I vote Conservative and wear pearls.

Bored and Confused wrote:I'm a really good lay and an even better cook.

Find myself reminded of the 'life's better under a conservative' slogan all of a sudden.
DACrowe

PreviousNext

Return to The Personal Ads Board