Home

TheSinner.net

why is it all the best ones are either married or gay?

If you're looking for a relationship, some fun or just some new friends, why not try here? One ad per thread. Reply privately if the ad requests it, and no excessive making fun of people.

Re: why is it all the best ones are either married or gay?

Postby Guest on Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:37 pm

To:
Bored and confused - Apologies, did not mean to offend and by asking which you were did not imply a proposition!

nobody - no to black sabbath and who are dio and motley crue...think you are extending the 80's a little too far there!

Nathaniel - isn't that like a psychic gypsy name? (sorry if i show the same ignorance as you) For your information, I was not expecting someone to entertain my 'love', as you put it, of the 80's, it was more on lines of - if you can remember the 80's then you must be old enough to be able to buy beer in St Andrews legally, therefore matching my age without displaying my age and full details publicly!

"it seems a blatent contradiction that your expecting a heterosexual man to entertain your love of the 80's." remember - "Everyone knows when you make an assumption, you make an ass outta you, and umption".

A comment like yours is surely best kept to yourself in future?

Postby Fawksie on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:37 pm

Ignorance is bliss wrote:Well done on finding all the homosexual bands there, you must be proud!

I'm still patting myself on the back, actually! :roll:

Don't go reading any malice or homophobia into my post, I set out with tongue-in-cheek to demonstrate that the 80s were, as 'nobody' asserted, "pretty gay", not entirely gay.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Postby DACrowe on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:28 am

nathaniel wrote:it seems a blatent contradiction that your expecting a heterosexual man to entertain your love of the 80's. best of luck!

What confuses me most about the thread, and it says something about the movie watching habits of the Sinner's denizens, is how 'love of the 80s' is taken as evidence for homosexuality whereas an abiding affection for 'chick-flicks' apparently gets a pass.

I'm also puzzling over what kind of person might like vineyards without liking wine. A horticulturalist, sure, but I suspect the OP probably likes visiting vineyards for reasons closely connected to wine drinking so I'd imagine it would be a bit like drinking whisky but only as free drams given during distillery tours. Couldn't you join the cheese and wine society or something? I'm sure they can't all be gay, married or both.
DACrowe

Postby nobody on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:42 am

Guest wrote:To:
nobody - no to black sabbath and who are dio and motley crue...think you are extending the 80's a little too far there!

Oh my!
I always get confused when people say that they love eighties.
Or nineties.
Or as they will say in two months "I love 00s".
Why can't they just type "I love new-wave, shiny clothes, strange hairstyles and 8-bit games because they are kinda trendy nowadays".
nobody

Postby RedCelt69 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:17 pm

nobody wrote:Or as they will say in two months "I love 00s".

"I love 00s" = "I love the noughties" and I'm sure people already are saying that. Even if ironically.
nobody wrote:Why can't they just type "I love new-wave, shiny clothes, strange hairstyles and 8-bit games because they are kinda trendy nowadays".

Uhm... perhaps because "I love <insert decade>" is much shorter than having to list every single thing that they love about that decade? Even your short list is a huge mouthful compared to the short-hand version you're disparaging.
Tho' Nature, red in tooth and celt
With ravine, shriek'd against his creed

Red Celt's Blog
RedCelt69

Postby jollytiddlywink on Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:56 pm

RedCelt69 wrote:
nobody wrote:Or as they will say in two months "I love 00s".

"I love 00s" = "I love the noughties" and I'm sure people already are saying that. Even if ironically.
nobody wrote:Why can't they just type "I love new-wave, shiny clothes, strange hairstyles and 8-bit games because they are kinda trendy nowadays".

Uhm... perhaps because "I love <insert decade>" is much shorter than having to list every single thing that they love about that decade? Even your short list is a huge mouthful compared to the short-hand version you're disparaging.

Fair point. After all, I have never felt tempted, when told by somebody that they "absolutely love the sixties," to retort, "Really, the Cuban Missile Crisis turns you on?" *

Clearly, nobody expects love of a decade to incorporate EVERYTHING about that decade.

*Having thought of this, I am now so tempted to do this that it is an inevitability.
jollytiddlywink

Postby RedCelt69 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:48 pm

jollytiddlywink wrote:Fair point. After all, I have never felt tempted, when told by somebody that they "absolutely love the sixties," to retort, "Really, the Cuban Missile Crisis turns you on?"

Well, yes. However, it is perfectly rational to... on the balance of things... like/love the sum of the parts - even if some of the parts are unpalatable.

e.g. You can love your partner whilst severely disliking certain elements of their personality. ^.^
Tho' Nature, red in tooth and celt
With ravine, shriek'd against his creed

Red Celt's Blog
RedCelt69

Previous

Return to The Personal Ads Board