Home

TheSinner.net

Dateable men DON'T EXIST.

If you're looking for a relationship, some fun or just some new friends, why not try here? One ad per thread. Reply privately if the ad requests it, and no excessive making fun of people.

Dateable men DON'T EXIST.

Postby bored and confused on Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:32 pm

I have given up my search of finding love and will now relocate to a small villa in the mountains of Northern Greece, where I will live in solitude with my cat Nikos. I dated someone for a while - sweet enough I suppose. Until he invited and then uninvited me to stay with him. This being because his ex girlfriend was going and it might hurt her feelings if I were there.

So I'm single, again. JOY.
bored and confused

Re: Dateable men DON'T EXIST.

Postby youracrazyassedbitch on Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:17 pm

Nikos will probably be the first of many cats.
youracrazyassedbitch

I believe that your data sample is insufficient.

Postby Delts on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:11 pm

<_<
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Postby bored and confused on Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:09 pm

My data sample consists of St Andrews.
bored and confused

Postby Delts on Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:40 am

I can guarantee that even when I was there you didn't test my dateability. I may not be dateable in your opinion, but your data set is certainly incomplete.
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Postby bored and confused on Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:27 pm

You're not here now though.... :( !!!

In effect I feel that you and I have had a pretty healthy, online relationship...is that sad?
bored and confused

Postby ONeill on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:31 pm

How disappointing. I thought you might just have found what you were looking for.

Nevermind, just don't throw in the towel yet. The search goes on...
ONeill

Postby ApologeticNonsense on Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:53 am

Well, suprisingly enough dateable women do not exist either... unless of course, one wants to settle for the mainstream.
ApologeticNonsense

Postby bored and confused on Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:29 pm

Only sedament should settle. I won't settle. I will find him!
bored and confused

Postby stripedtights on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:25 pm

Wow! i dont know wether to admire your determination or be slightly afraid! why is there one man who will change your life? cant there be several who you love and who are there at differant points in your life when you need or want them?
I think itd be a bit boring to find that there was one man who i would always be with o.o
"he who hides his private parts will never have children(or fun)"
stripedtights

Postby bored and confused on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:39 am

I've looked at it philosophically. I've dated many men. Lots have been special, some have been a waste of time, some have been Americans. One voted Republican and listened to Blondie's Greatest hits, the other liked graphs. One liked to make me breakfast smoothies and buy me cakes. I've been a trophy and a bitch, I've been sweet and innocent and totally neurotic and scary. Now I just want to be me. Maybe it's time I end the search and be alone for a bit.
bored and confused

Postby Lattesometime? on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:38 am

@ bored, (lonely) and confused

maybe you're looking in the wrong places....like the sinner! or starbucks....maybe you should take up "raquet"ball or something as a way of meeting a male companion

xx
Lattesometime?

Postby beauty=truth on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:52 am

This may sound completely mad, but it's when you stop thinking about all this stuff that you'll meet someone truly lovely. In my experience it's when your happiest with YOURSELF that other people find you most attractive and so good things happen when you're least expecting them too. Hang in there girl!
beauty=truth

Postby getalife on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:50 pm

beauty=truth wrote:This may sound completely mad, but it's when you stop thinking about all this stuff that you'll meet someone truly lovely. In my experience it's when your happiest with YOURSELF that other people find you most attractive and so good things happen when you're least expecting them too. Hang in there girl!

beauty = truth, your comment is laughable.
getalife

Postby Al on Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:14 am

Lattesometime? wrote:maybe you should take up "raquet"ball or something as a way of meeting a male companion

And until then you can always play by yourself.
Al

Postby DACrowe on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:10 pm

getalife wrote:
beauty=truth wrote:This may sound completely mad, but it's when you stop thinking about all this stuff that you'll meet someone truly lovely. In my experience it's when your happiest with YOURSELF that other people find you most attractive and so good things happen when you're least expecting them too. Hang in there girl!

beauty = truth, your comment is laughable.

I dunno. By way of a lukewarm defense, at least there was some attempt to make it plausible. Ordinarily what you hear is:

"When you stop trying, the right person will come along" with no explanation as to how the mechanics of this are supposed to work and the presumed (and laughable) implication being that someone it's the universe acting as a matchmaker here. At least 'beauty=truth' (a total lie, which belief would serve to get you eaten out in the natural world) attempted to provide an explanation as to why this would work; you become more comfortable with yourself and by that token are more attractive. Given the above is a fairly well (anecdotally) established phenomena it would seem reasonable to provide some explanation for it. My preference has always been to assume it's to do with the well established fact that people are attracted in part based upon a perception of how desirable you are to the population at large, which is part influenced by how you present yourself. If you seem desperate you stand a good chance of setting off an unconscious presupposition that there's something wrong with you; rather like a particularly hard sales pitch makes you think someone's trying to flog a lemon. If you're 'not looking', and this is in any way manifested in a behavioural chance, then presumably you're not sending off the same signals.
DACrowe

Postby donpablo on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:47 pm

I like the comparison to a sales pitch.
Seems to be too many girls here desperately trying to find mr darcy or whatever equivalent and failing miserably because they actually scare the bejesus out of every man in a room with their clingy neuroticism. Just no, girls. No one likes a clingy neurotic lemon.
donpablo

Postby darksmo on Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:53 am

However, dateable men EXIST...
darksmo

Postby wild_quinine on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:58 pm

DACrowe wrote:I dunno. By way of a lukewarm defense, at least there was some attempt to make it plausible.

I agree with this, and would go beyond the lukewarm in my defense of some of it. The raw sentiment, I can take or leave.

beauty=strewth wrote:This may sound completely mad, but it's when you stop thinking about all this stuff that you'll meet someone truly lovely.

This is bollocks. It does make it more likely that you'll meet someone who isn't also desperate. However, you will also meet a lot of complete arseholes, as well as all the original people who are desperate, too. It's not like those guys are going anywhere.

beauty=strewth wrote: In my experience it's when your happiest with YOURSELF that other people find you most attractive...

This would appear to be extremely true. I think DA identifies some of the reasoning why other people might genuinely find you more attractive when your self-image is positive. And it can be as simple as wearing a permanent smile. You would be amazed at how pretty you can find someone who smiles all the time, compared to the exact same person who just looks glum.

But, additionally, I think that it's likely also the case that not only do other people find you more attractive, but that you interpret signals from them more successfully if you're in a solidly optimistic place. And even when you're wrong, you're likely to be overinterpreting, which can still have good results if you're halfway attractive and not being all slimy about things. Being gorgeous is not the first and last word in being desireable.

Now, I don't sign up to every last facet of the body language theory of communication, but in matters of courtship it really seems to me like the simplest explanation, not the most complex.
wild_quinine

Postby DACrowe on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:21 pm

wild_quinine wrote:But, additionally, I think that it's likely also the case that not only do other people find you more attractive, but that you interpret signals from them more successfully if you're in a solidly optimistic place.

Right enough, embarrassed to have missed it.

Now, I don't sign up to every last facet of the body language theory of communication.

I don't think a recognition of the fact that behaviour can have an expressive function which operates at a subconscious level entails you have to endorse a substantive theory which troops under the banner of 'body language'. It's really just conceding the point that human beings, despite being possessing a spoken language and engaging in conscious conceptual thought, evolved from creatures which did not, and much of that basic structure (for lack of a better word) has been retained.
DACrowe

Next

Return to The Personal Ads Board