Home

TheSinner.net

Tutorial Girl

Seen someone you fancy, or think you saw someone checking you out? Post a message to see if they want to get in touch...

Tutorial Girl

Postby starchild on Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:36 pm

aghghh! you drive me nuts!! why must you always sulk when the full attention is not on you!!! and why must you complain so that the lecturer stops putting things on WebCT? And why, why, why do you feel your opinion is so much more important than anyone else's that you voice it vocally over anyone else, for the full hour of the tutorial??? STOP IT OR I WILL SCREAM!!!
starchild

Re: Tutorial Girl

Postby theshadowhost on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:47 pm

you should probably say something to her....
theshadowhost

Postby starchild on Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:11 pm

but what can you say without looking like a twat? even the tutor is getting fed up of her, but seriously. i can't turn around and say "shut the fuck up you're talking out of your ass you stupid girl"... even if that's what we're all thinking...
starchild

Postby Power Metal Dom on Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:25 pm

I'd say something. It doesn't have to be confrontational or uncomfortably anal, just say something subtle "Hey, I was saying something there, do you mind?" or "Yeah I'd like to hear what someone else has to say about that." Both have worked for me before.
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Postby Power Metal Dom on Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:26 pm

Heh, 'uncomfortably anal'
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Postby theshadowhost on Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:36 pm

maybe it's a confidence thing, but i have told people that what they are talking is crap, if you know your subject well enough you should be able to, and you will probably find if you speak out, someone else will back you up.

the webct thing is something you should have spoke out about, if the annoying person said something along the lines of "webct is crap can you not put stuff on it" you could have said "WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA. i like webct, how else will we get our slides."

maybe this isnt such a great idea: complain to your class rep, you get to complain about thing anonymously, and at the very least you will probably get the slides back on WEBCT. though i think complaining about a person to the class rep is a bit much at this stage.
theshadowhost

Postby Ruru Hedgehog on Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:10 pm

Maybe her interrupting you is a sign she likes you?
Maybe?
I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.
Ruru Hedgehog

Postby Delts on Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:32 pm

Ruru Hedgehog wrote:Maybe her interrupting you is a sign she likes you?
Maybe?

Ah Ru, ever the romantic.
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Postby Frank on Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:23 pm

The old, curmudgeonly, loudly snapped "Excuse me, would you mind not talking over people/interrupting?" <_< and then continuing with a fair (and concise) point on topic. Be irritable and firm, but when making your point remember to be warm to the rest of the tutorial (even her).

A quick and sharp response like that ought to be pause enough for thought and a slight attitude change, but hopefully permit her to still contribute to the tutorial without too much fear or embarassment.
Frank

Postby theshadowhost on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:34 am

you could always do the passive aggressive groan when she starts up. This might not go down to well, since it's a bit high-school.
theshadowhost

Postby Ruru Hedgehog on Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:23 pm

theshadowhost wrote:you could always do the passive aggressive groan when she starts up.

A bit of subtlety didn't hurt anyone.
Which is probably why it doesn't work alot of the time
I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.
Ruru Hedgehog

Postby Hennessy on Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:06 pm

Frank wrote:The old, curmudgeonly, loudly snapped "Excuse me, would you mind not talking over people/interrupting?" <_< and then continuing with a fair (and concise) point on topic. Be irritable and firm, but when making your point remember to be warm to the rest of the tutorial (even her).

A quick and sharp response like that ought to be pause enough for thought and a slight attitude change, but hopefully permit her to still contribute to the tutorial without too much fear or embarassment.

Oh yes the voice of reason here. Tell me Frank, it was you who attempted to murder a particularly annoying colleague during the summer by removing the screws from a very heavy weights set, wasn't it?

The colleague survived with only his cholesterol intact, for legal purposes my recollection of the story is hazy and I cannot be relied upon to give accurate testimony in court
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Postby Frank on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:09 pm

Hennessy wrote: particularly annoying

;)
Frank

Return to I Saw You