Home

TheSinner.net

Karaoke

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

Karaoke

Postby Mohawk on Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:48 am

as a dedicated follower of karaoke last year and someone who isn't away from the union building for more than a day can i request that karaoke comes back to the union, on a saturday night though.

i have the contact email for babs and steve if you would like to contact them directly and not through their agent.
Mohawk

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:55 pm

me me me.

I want to do karaoke. Maybe the union could purchase some equipment and I could host. I have plenty of experience and it'd be cheaper than anything else available in the long run.
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Tryptophan on Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:30 am

[s]munchingfoo wrote on 15:55, 21st Oct 2004:
me me me.

I want to do karaoke. Maybe the union could purchase some equipment and I could host. I have plenty of experience and it'd be cheaper than anything else available in the long run.

The union already has more than enough equipment to host karaoke...not including the main bar PA rig. Only thing we need is a cd-g player...unless s/ware can do it...ohh, and you could even master your own cd-g CD's ;).
Tryptophan

Re:

Postby niall on Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:00 am

[s]Tryptophan wrote on 02:30, 22nd Oct 2004:
The union already has more than enough equipment to host karaoke...not including the main bar PA rig. Only thing we need is a cd-g player...unless s/ware can do it...ohh, and you could even master your own cd-g CD's ;).

aside from the CD-g player, another DJmixer, CD player would need to be bought and then cables would need to be installed, unless you would be happy hosting it at the bar, which would suck!

EDIT: also a feedback destroyer would be needed, or two of the brand new senhieser hand helds (which are £350 a shot)
niall

Re:

Postby Tryptophan on Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:19 pm

[s]niall wrote on 12:00, 22nd Oct 2004:

aside from the CD-g player, another DJmixer, CD player would need to be bought and then cables would need to be installed, unless you would be happy hosting it at the bar, which would suck!

EDIT: also a feedback destroyer would be needed, or two of the brand new senhieser hand helds (which are £350 a shot)

DN-D2000 (ents cupboard) and the citronic mixer from v2 disco/ents cupboard, crown 100w amp (v2 cupboard) and the old squires...which do work..even if a bit battered...might need new tweeters though, or we could stretch to a pair of 802/II's surely. Not V1, but more than enough for whats needed.

Granted on the feedback issues, but surely if there was a dedicated (temporary) rig put under the projector then feedback would be mostly moot anyway. I don't really think that the whole bar wants to hear every single note of the karaoke force feed them by the central PA.

On a separate note, you have any idea where the 802/E system equalizer vanished to? It's not in the main f/x, V2 f/x, old mainbar f/x, the V2 amps or the crest amp flight case. Nor is it in the cupboard, anywhere in V2 or the projection box.
Tryptophan

Re:

Postby Director of Services on Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:51 pm

Looking at the username, I had guessed you were our resident medic, but looking at the profile, you aren't that person. So, tryptophan, who are you that you know where everything is?

And on the karaoke, I am looking to getting it back!!!!
Just ironing out some weird complications, but if you guys know how to put it all together that may solve some of them.
We'll talk about it at the next ents crew (1:00 on wednesdays in Venue2 for anyone who wants to join in the fun of running things like karaoke).
Director of Services

Re:

Postby Mohawk on Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:25 am

[s]Director of Services wrote on 20:51, 22nd Oct 2004:[i]i'd host the Kar-a-o.k.
Mohawk

Re:

Postby niall on Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:22 am

[s]Tryptophan wrote on 14:19, 22nd Oct 2004:
[s]niall wrote on 12:00, 22nd Oct 2004:[i]

on a separate note, you have any idea where the 802/E system equalizer vanished to? It's not in the main f/x, V2 f/x, old mainbar f/x, the V2 amps or the crest amp flight case. Nor is it in the cupboard, anywhere in V2 or the projection box.

ah fuck, i just remembered what the hell you were on about <_< it should be in the ents cupboard (in the steel cupboard) with the screws as i couldnt get into the DJ cupboard to put it back after tiffany. ask lil rich about it, he might know where it is
niall

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:17 am

Nononononononononono.

No karaoke, the number of people I know who don't go to the union anymore for fear of the karaoke, yeesh.

If you do have it do it on a night when people would normally want to go out without the horrors of karaoke, eg sunday/monday.

Yuck.

Re:

Postby fainpathe on Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:42 pm

aw, c'mon, karaoke's great! who else misses the gay guy that sang Avril Lavigne EVERY WEEK last year?
For amusement value alone, that guy's worth it!
It's a good laugh on a drunken night out, and, amongst the people I know at least, very popular. It could always return on a thurs, or another day when fewer people frequent the union. And if you don't like it, god knows, there's no shortage of pubs in St Andy's that you could go to!
You can't dangle the carrot of reconciliation in front of me while you're riding some other donkey!
fainpathe

Re:

Postby alw6 on Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:01 pm

Yay! Bring back karaoke, and the girl who thinks she should be in pop idol!hehe!it was such a laugh every thursday,and the union sucks now it has gone!
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realise I should have been more specific
alw6

It's coming back

Postby Students Association on Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:01 pm

just you wait
University of St Andrews Students' Association - find more at yourunion.net or follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/StAndrewsUnion
Students Association

Re:

Postby Linwe on Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:15 pm

despite advertised-why wasnt karoke on tonight? grr. what happened? most upset. :(
its fun to laugh at all the bad singers and dance to the good ones. personally i am terrified of singing and would never get up to do so, even of someone did sing with me! :p i just go for the craic!!!!!
Linwe

Re:

Postby Director of Services on Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:13 am

To be honest, I gave the design team a huge list of everything that is happening and they misread the start date of the karaoke (the people can't start until next week).
I wasn't able to double check the publicity before it went out because I have had to be out of town for a few days.
Director of Services

Sorry!

Postby Oli on Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:20 pm

Entirely my fault!
I misread the information. Correct publicity, advertising the true start date (25th November) has now been sent out. Look out for the colourful posters!
Oli

Re:

Postby Mohawk on Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:16 am

cheers for getting this guy bonnie, he's good at getting the crowd going and has a half decent setup!

[hr]
Image:www.timewarp.org.uk/Downloads/graphics/rhsline1animated.gif
Mohawk

Booooring

Postby Ahndru on Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:45 pm

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 12:14, 21st Oct 2004:
No karaoke, the number of people I know who don't go to the union anymore for fear of the karaoke, yeesh.

Yeah but the number of people who don't go to the union anymore for lack of events... Honestly, there have been more people at Karaoke than the numbers of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights combined! No exaggeration

And you say that's not popular??

[hr]
There's more honour in chopping a man's head off with a sword... than blasting it to bits with a gun...

IMAGE:www.chalso.free.fr/images/tn_keyboard.gif
There's more honour in chopping a man's head off with a sword... than blasting it to bits with a gun...

IMAGE:www.chalso.free.fr/images/tn_keyboard.gif
Ahndru

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:05 pm

Totally, thursday night used to rival Saturday night. The last two weeks have seen a steady increase but it is still nowhere near back to normal.

[hr]Management: The art of writing like you know what you're talking about and making others believe it.

(munchingfoo comprehensive dictionary)

My website:
http://aa.domaindlx.com/munchingfoo/
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Return to The Students' Association (Union)