Home

TheSinner.net

Beatons = late opening on a friday

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

Beatons = late opening on a friday

Postby Mohawk on Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:36 am

hi guys,

you know that i want what is best for the union adn all, and am not one to bitch about things, but i'd like to now,

this is for any hacks, or people who decide on policies of opening hours.

many a time have i thought how good it would be to come out of the bop and get a hot dog or something,

just fast food, nothing extravagent,

maybe even a trial period of beatons opening for an hour before the end of the night,

and the amount of drunk people who would be willing to pay inflated prices is amazing,
Mohawk

Staff drink maybe...?

Postby chalso on Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:05 am

[s]Mohawk wrote on 01:36, 9th Nov 2004:
hi guys,

you know that i want what is best for the union adn all, and am not one to bitch about things, but i'd like to now,

this is for any hacks, or people who decide on policies of opening hours.

many a time have i thought how good it would be to come out of the bop and get a hot dog or something,

just fast food, nothing extravagent,

maybe even a trial period of beatons opening for an hour before the end of the night,

and the amount of drunk people who would be willing to pay inflated prices is amazing,

Wonder if the rest of the staff would be able to benefit from that...? I say, staff drink after shifts!

I doubt anyone in Beatons would want to work Friday nights though...

And yes, Empire is doing good buisness with inflated prices, aren't they? Especially since Pizza Connexion is closed :p

[hr]
We can never be Right - we can only have Passionate Opinions. And there's more honour in chopping a head of with a sword than blowing it to bits with a gun.
chalso

Re:

Postby Al on Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:03 am

Beaton's used to be open on a Friday night for selling burgers (among other wholesome foodstuffs). It wasn't open at the end of the night, but it was open.

[hr]Life is too important to be taken seriously.
Al

Re:

Postby falach on Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:08 pm

[s]Al wrote on 09:03, 9th Nov 2004:
Beaton's used to be open on a Friday night for selling burgers (among other wholesome foodstuffs). It wasn't open at the end of the night, but it was open.

i remember that back in second year, late night food after a bop :D
falach

Floor as Glue

Postby Ahndru on Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:27 pm

Shit... it's bad enough cleaning up all thr broken plastic and beer spillage in there.... icky sticky trampled food too...?

Suddenly i'm not too fond of the idea...!!!

[hr]There's more honour in chopping a man's head off with a sword... than blasting it to bits with a gun...

IMAGE:www.chalso.free.fr/images/tn_keyboard.gif
There's more honour in chopping a man's head off with a sword... than blasting it to bits with a gun...

IMAGE:www.chalso.free.fr/images/tn_keyboard.gif
Ahndru

Re:

Postby Legion on Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:48 pm

Every year it's suggested; every other year it's tried.
Might be an idea to try it again, but I reckon that after the initial interest, it won't be that popular.

Unless of course the union gets a pizza oven....
Legion

Return to The Students' Association (Union)