Home

TheSinner.net

DDR & other games machines

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

DDR & other games machines

Postby Lil Dragon on Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:32 am

Please please please.... could we exchange that damn DDR machine for something else....?

And as for that vampire shooter... couldn't we get a Time Crisis II instead... cause these vampires are eating too much of my money they take so many shots to kill..

and that helicopter shooter is a rip off...
He flows in the air, the ghost of a Wind... IMAGE:www.chalso.free.fr/images/taik_symbol72.gif
Lil Dragon

Re:

Postby Bonnie on Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:44 pm

That DDR machine is one of the most loved machines in town (including what can be found in bedroom drawers, from what I've heard).

There's a whole underground appreciation cult dedicated to DDR.
Bonnie

Re:

Postby liliputian on Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:24 pm

and also the possiblity of a DDR soc getting affiliated!

[hr]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...
[i:143mmj9f]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...[/i:143mmj9f]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100186
liliputian

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:43 pm

Totally, but there is a point here. The games in the games room in general are crap. I used to love that game with the whole headset that turned around, and that car game which used to be next to it. Immense. The rest of the games suck major ass.

[hr]Management: The art of writing like you know what you're talking about and making others believe it.

(munchingfoo comprehensive dictionary)

My website:
http://aa.domaindlx.com/munchingfoo/
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Cain on Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:46 pm

DDR is great.

The air hockey table needs to be euthenised.

as for other arcade games? not sure, but keep DDR. it's the highlight of our friday night.

[hr]
I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Steveo on Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:05 pm

The DDR machine is loved beyond imagination. There is not a chance in hell of it leaving, thankfully. It's almost all of my excercise now, save walking to the union, and then back.

I know you explained the problem with air hockey, Bonnie, but get a new one that doen't look like it's been dropped from a height, several times.

[hr][s]Strangers passing in the street....by chance two seperate glances meet[/s]
Get off my internet.
Steveo

Re:

Postby Marco Biagi on Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:33 pm

Bring back the Star Wars machine!
Marco Biagi

Re:

Postby ENeff on Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:07 pm

My only complaint about the DDR machine is that it needs a software upgrade. Euro-mix 2 is total pile of steaming poo compaired to newer versions of the game. I think the newest version has over 4 times the songs on it than Euro-mix II, but only DDR geeks and myself would really care about that.

What's up with DDR costing a pound per play? It's crap.
ENeff

Re:

Postby Steveo on Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:40 pm

[s]ENeff wrote on 15:07, 27th Dec 2004:
My only complaint about the DDR machine is that it needs a software upgrade. Euro-mix 2 is total pile of steaming poo compaired to newer versions of the game. I think the newest version has over 4 times the songs on it than Euro-mix II, but only DDR geeks and myself would really care about that.

What's up with DDR costing a pound per play? It's crap.

You can get 5 songs for that, not too shabby.

[hr]
[s]Strangers passing in the street....by chance two seperate glances meet[/s]
Get off my internet.
Steveo

Re:

Postby Bonnie on Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:43 pm

Steveo,
The reason the air hockey table looks liek that is because people put drinks on the machine, they spill over, they ruin the machine and then they smash the machine in vain to try to get it to work again.

We get that thing cleaned and serviced all the time (we don't own it, by the way, but rather we split the profits with the company that does own it.)

So, do me a big favour, Big Steve,a nd frown heavily on people who put theiur drinks on the tables.
Bonnie

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:55 pm

[s]Bonnie wrote on 17:43, 21st Jan 2005:
Steveo,
The reason the air hockey table looks liek that is because people put drinks on the machine, they spill over, they ruin the machine and then they smash the machine in vain to try to get it to work again.

forgive me for suggesting an obvious solution, but more places to put drinks in the games room wouldnt go amiss. The table usually gets piled in coats and theres only really that heater left

[hr]
...We sing of landscape and memory and the urgency to do it now; in the street and in the fields...
flarewearer

Re:

Postby Senethro on Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:24 am

Needs more street fighter.

Oh, wait, I'm 10+ years out of date. My bad.
Senethro

Re:

Postby Ethan With on Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:45 pm

What about some shelves round the walls?
Like the ones on the pillars next to the pool tables in the conservatory bit.
That would give more people places to put their drinks. And a couple of coat hooks would provide a handy place for coats, thus freeing up a table.

Unless it's a matter of health and safety of course...
Ethan With

Table Football

Postby someone on Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:47 pm

I think a table football game would be a good idea.
someone

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:37 pm

[s]someone wrote on 12:47, 31st Jan 2005:
I think a table football game would be a good idea.

up until 2 years ago they had 2 table footie tables, but they got rid of them when the new american pool tables arrived.

[hr]
...We sing of landscape and memory and the urgency to do it now; in the street and in the fields...
flarewearer

Return to The Students' Association (Union)