Home

TheSinner.net

The union in general

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

Re:

Postby Ben Reilly on Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:33 am

The right to be consulted, yes.

It's probably good government to consult though.

Ralph, any thoughts yet on the role of the SRC itself?

[hr]

http://www.yourunion.net/main/representation/
Ben Reilly

Re:

Postby RJ Covino on Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:21 am

Quoting Ben Reilly from 00:33, 14th Dec 2005
Ralph, any thoughts yet on the role of the SRC itself?

Is there a rush? I'm a very busy man, you know.
RJ Covino

Re:

Postby Midget on Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:58 am

Quoting RJ Covino from 01:21, 14th Dec 2005

Is there a rush? I'm a very busy man, you know.

Well clearly, as you've got the time to not only post on the sinner but also edit your post.

[hr]

IMAGE:img9.imgspot.com/u/04/241/18/160019.jpg too far.
Midget

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:17 pm

[b]Quoting Inga
Browsing through this thread made me think that what Grandpa really wants is a change in the type of government.

Maybe, if you see it as that.

I see it as simply getting back to a more original idea of democracy - asking as many people as want to be asked before setting your agenda.

[hr]

[s]Cogitationis poenam nemo meretur, facias ipse quod faciamus suades - pax vobiscum.[/s]
We are gentlemen that neither in our hearts nor outward eyes envy the great nor shall the low despise.
Grandpa

Re:

Postby Ben Reilly on Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:30 pm

If that's the case, you should probably try to start off by petitioning the Scottish Parliament to amend the Universities of Scotland Act of 1889. (IIRC)

[hr]

Ben Reilly

Re:

Postby Ben Reilly on Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:24 pm

Have you had a chance yet Ralph?

[hr]

Ben Reilly

Re:

Postby RJ Covino on Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:48 pm

Quoting Ben Reilly from 14:24, 17th Dec 2005
Have you had a chance yet Ralph?

You are taking the piss.

Instead of worrying about when I take time away from writing journal articles or book reviews to chip in either at best some thoughts that'll not be taken seriously or at worst some Grandpa fodder, I'd suggest working on something of your own - perhaps the long-awaited statement on cooperative housing promised in the SRC meeting of 27th September (4.1.3)? That same report, I do believe, was also promised to one of the last meetings of SAB that I attended, come to think.

Folk in glass houses (now with extra transparency!), etc....

[hr]

http://www.ralphcovino.com
RJ Covino

Re:

Postby Ben Reilly on Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:58 pm

Indeed.
Ben Reilly

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:43 am

"Grandpa fodder". hahaha. Love it!

So, Ralph, were you implying, in the latter part of your last post, that a sab's job is to promise and not deliver??

Merry Christmas everyone!

[hr]

[s]Cogitationis poenam nemo meretur, facias ipse quod faciamus suades - pax vobiscum.[/s]
We are gentlemen that neither in our hearts nor outward eyes envy the great nor shall the low despise.
Grandpa

Re:

Postby RJ Covino on Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:36 pm

Quoting grandpa from 05:43, 18th Dec 2005
So, Ralph,

Dr Covino, if you don't mind. I didn't spend 10 years in (evil) ancient history school to be called by my first name by people I barely know.

were you implying

No. Your interpretation is neither implied nor suggested by my statement.

All that I want is to see the big bumper book of Co-Op that Ben has promised various bodies for years. And cranes. Before I leave town, I want to see giant honking cranes and earthmovers and all manner of cool trucks and construction equipment coming together to build a hippy utopia on the swamp. And then again after it sinks into the swamp...

[hr]

http://www.ralphcovino.com
RJ Covino

Re:

Postby sweet on Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:35 pm

Grandpa, are you Alex Rennie? You share the same attitude to others - an arrogance and egotism developing into a very unattractive fit of temper when people, as they inevitably do, do not buy into your idea that you are innately superior and more mature, and that every single one of your ideas is desirable and workable. The "I'm 26 and therefore more mature" one is most laughable of all. The way Oli, Ben, and David respond to your personally insulting posts is mature - i.e. they do not stoop to the same level. The way you respond when others insult or disagree with you is immature. In fact, it is a temper tantrum, very similar in all but specifics to those exhibited by two-year-olds who do not get the smarties they wanted.

Btw - you didn't seem to get Ben's post about Tescos and ID, perhaps you should read it properly. He SORTED IT OUT ya nut, parsnips the system often works?

Cherry pie... I think I may be hungry
sweet

Re:

Postby Al on Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:14 pm

Ben Reilly: "When I started here, all there was was swamp. Other DoRs said I was daft to build a hippy utopia on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So, I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one... stayed up!"
Al

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:56 pm

Quoting sweet from 14:35, 18th Dec 2005

arrogance and egotism

I'm glad you find it interesting.

No, I am not Alex Rennie.

How old are you?

[hr]

Grandpa

Re:

Postby Al on Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:33 pm

You're back to the obsession with people's ages I see.
Al

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:52 pm

Quoting Al from 17:33, 19th Dec 2005
You're back to the obsession with people's ages I see.

obsession?

I don't have a nurosis about it, if that's what you mean, but I'm starting to wonder about some people....

[hr]

Grandpa

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:55 pm

Hippy Utopia?

Who are you kidding, bozo.

I mean, if you want a hippy utopia, go back to the sixties or better still off to one of those communes that are around.

[hr]

wierdos, wierdos everywhere - and they're all obsessed with the way things are.
Grandpa

Re:

Postby Al on Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:01 pm

"I don't have a nurosis about it, if that's what you mean"

Then why do you mention your age - and those of other people - in so many of your posts?
Al

Re:

Postby Rennie on Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:27 pm

sweet, if you had half a brain, you'd know that 'grandpa' wasn't me. It is quite clear who Grandpa is from otehr posts. Also, I don't find your post, referring to me by my full name, as a 'nice' thing posted by a 'nice' person. Perhaps I wasn't far off the mark when I sugguested you might be a'cunt'.

And, I don't think your comment is far off being libellious. So I'd remove it, if I were you.
Rennie

Re:

Postby Midget on Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:45 pm

Quoting Grandpa from 13:55, 23rd Dec 2005
Hippy Utopia?

Who are you kidding, bozo.

I mean, if you want a hippy utopia, go back to the sixties or better still off to one of those communes that are around.

[hr]

wierdos, wierdos everywhere - and they're all obsessed with the way things are.

Errr you seem to have completely miss understood the point, I think any reference to hippy utopia was a joke.

And what is so wrong with a hippy utopia anyway. Aiming for a more utopian society isn't a bad thing. Nor is trying to create a greater sense of community.

[hr]

IMAGE:img9.imgspot.com/u/04/241/18/160019.jpg Too far.
Midget

Re:

Postby Rennie on Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:31 pm

Quoting Rennie from 15:27, 23rd Dec 2005
sweet, if you had half a brain, you'd know that 'grandpa' wasn't me. It is quite clear who Grandpa is from otehr posts. Also, I don't find your post, referring to me by my full name, as a 'nice' thing posted by a 'nice' person. Perhaps I wasn't far off the mark when I sugguested you might be a'cunt'.

And, I don't think your comment is far off being libellious. So I'd remove it, if I were you.

After posting this, I realised that I don't actually care about the libellious comment, so just leave it on. I'm more offended that you think I'm like Grandpa - at least I (probably) couldn't start an arguement with myself. (this is mostly after reading him bashing gowns - wtf?)
Rennie

PreviousNext

Return to The Students' Association (Union)