Home

TheSinner.net

Psychology and French

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

Psychology and French

Postby clare on Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:56 pm

Hi!

I got an offer today for Psychology and French... does anyone do it??

What's it like??

I know everyone asks this but what is the night life like... do people actually go to Dundee nd Edinburgh?

Im sure its the people that make the night not the actual places?
clare

Re:

Postby Garnet on Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:54 pm

Hi I don't study french or psychology so I can't help you on that. You should post on the advise board to get a reply. There isn't any nightclubs in St Andrews so people do take the organised bus to Dundee nightclubs but there are pubs to go to in St Andrews and of course the bop! I really like St Andrews, it's a great place to live and study in.

[hr]

Be yourself! Everyone else is taken.

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37106569
I joined the sinner in 1970 :-O
Garnet

Re:

Postby undisclosed on Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:39 pm

Advise is a verb
Advice is a noun.

I'd check the advice board if I were you.
undisclosed

Re:

Postby LK Today on Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:06 am

I don't do psych, but I do French, and has a few friends who started on that course, but soon dropped one or other of the subjects. It is very difficult, both very VERY demanding departments, but remember that you do have some flexibility to drop one or change to another when you are here.

Good luck

Quoting clare from 18:15, 18th Jan 2006
Hi!

I got an offer today for Psychology and French... does anyone do it??

What's it like??

I know everyone asks this but what is the night life like... do people actually go to Dundee nd Edinburgh?

Im sure its the people that make the night not the actual places?

LK Today

Re:

Postby emerald_lady on Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:18 am

I do French and I love it, yes a lot of people drop it but that is those people who are not studying it at their degree. I find that you tend to put in a lot more work to your degree subjects than others.
THe department is good and the literature is interesting. I really enjoy and I hope you do too.
It's a great course. I can't say it's perfect as every course has it's ups and downs but it depends on how you approach it. Get the best out of it as you can.
Good Luck,
Lindsey
emerald_lady

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:35 am

If you're truly interested in both subjects then i'm sure you'll manage fine, though both together can be quite demanding as french is rather time-consuming what with language classes as well as the literature stuff - i ended up dropping it after one semester because i didn't enjoy it enough to dedicate that much time to it. And psych can get quite difficult as well, especially for an arts student when they get into all the biological stuff.

As to Dundee/Edinburgh, me and my friends end up in dundee quite often, it's loads of drunken fun ;-) You're less likely to go out in edinburgh if you don't know someone who lives there though.

[hr]

The shadow proves the sunshine...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Dickie on Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:55 am

The first thing to do is remember that this university is flexable and no matter what you start off studying you can always change later.

[hr]

http://facebook.com/p.php?id=37106107&l=217e435e0a
Dickie

Return to The Students' Association (Union)