Home

TheSinner.net

Bean censured!

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

Re:

Postby Al on Tue May 02, 2006 10:04 pm

Will you ever write a coherent sentence?
Al

Re:

Postby scratter on Wed May 03, 2006 3:31 pm

Quoting Al from 23:04, 2nd May 2006

will you ever post a reply with a valid point?

Doubtfull.
scratter

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Wed May 03, 2006 3:44 pm

It's not a question of spelling, it's one of misuse. Camera is not a state of being that one moves in and out of. A meeting, or portion thereof, is either held in camera or it is not; it is never, "out of camera", nor does one "move into camera" or any other variation thereon.

Moving in and out of camera is for people being photographed or filmed.
exnihilo

Re:

Postby Al on Wed May 03, 2006 4:21 pm

Quoting scratter from 16:31, 3rd May 2006

Doubtfull.

The validity of any point I have made is not the subject at hand. The subject at hand is why grandpa cannot put his point across in a coherent manner.
Al

Re:

Postby Jos Dad on Thu May 04, 2006 9:24 am

Quoting exnihilo from 16:44, 3rd May 2006
Camera is not a state of being that one moves in and out of.
Moving in and out of camera is for people being photographed or filmed.

Camera is a closed room that accredited attendees at a meeting moved to when they wished to escape the riff raff. It is a more recent development that the unwashed are asked to leave the meeting instead. I would suggest therefore that attendees at a meeting can "come out of camera".
From the Glory of High fell, unto the despair of life.
Jos Dad

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Fri May 05, 2006 1:09 am

Quoting Al from 17:21, 3rd May 2006
Quoting scratter from 16:31, 3rd May 2006

Doubtfull.

The validity of any point I have made is not the subject at hand. The subject at hand is why grandpa cannot put his point across in a coherent manner.

I believe scratter just made it the point - and as such it shall remain the point, because I only made a spelling mistake by missing out the letters 're' from the 'a', but you could use your imagination and still understand the subject matter - either that or you are more anal than I've previously given you credit for (thus making your question invalid to all but the unimaginitive/anal amongst us).

However, since I have just answered as to why that last post of mine was maybe not checked quite so 'anally' as you may have liked, could you answer why you seem to ask only stuff that, at the end of the day, is a waste of everyone's time?

[hr]

We are gentlemen that neither in our hearts nor outward eyes envy the great nor shall the low despise.
We are gentlemen that neither in our hearts nor outward eyes envy the great nor shall the low despise.
Grandpa

Re:

Postby Al on Fri May 05, 2006 8:25 am

Grandpa, the whole point of language is to communicate. Expecting people who have the ability to get into university to be able to communicate their ideas clearly is not "anal". Who said anything about spelling mistakes?

Consider your sentence:

"however, if there a certain among us that salivate at the chance to correct a mispelt latin word"

That very much reads as if there are words missing. It is not the job of the reader to use their imagination to fill in the gaps so to make sense of what has been written.

"could you answer why you seem to ask only stuff that, at the end of the day, is a waste of everyone's time?"

Well, only if you go first.
Al

Re:

Postby Light the Rag on Fri May 05, 2006 11:05 am

Is Scratter just Grandpa in another form? Dammit admin - why do you let people have more than one account?
Light the Rag

Re:

Postby scratter on Fri May 05, 2006 9:37 pm

I am most certainly not!
scratter

SVS

Postby Phil Reid on Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:21 am

SVS did do a formal name change thing when i was there, and sometime when i was quite new, probably before 2000. there was a good reason although i can't for the life of me remember what it was. rycharde perry might know, or steve who works (worked possibly) in student support, if either of them are still around
Phil Reid

Previous

Return to The Students' Association (Union)