Home

TheSinner.net

The Union Website

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

Re:

Postby the Empress on Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:19 pm

you have angered me grasshopper. Trying to find out my identity by other Sinners is cheating. If you really want to know who I am you must use logic, and logic alone;)

Quoting Grandpa from 21:49, 23rd Mar 2006
Quoting the Empress from 19:03, 23rd Mar 2006
Not to squabble but . . I don't need to be elected. Hehe, my identity's not hard;)

hmmm. Either someone who works in the union or the head of the Election Committee??

[hr]

[s]Cogitationis poenam nemo meretur, facias ipse quod faciamus suades - pax vobiscum.[/s]

[hr]

Night is the cathedral where we recognise the signs
the Empress

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:01 am

Quoting from 16:54, 23rd Mar 2006
Quoting Grandpa from 16:01, 23rd Mar 2006
The union website is still pretty much a bad deal...so what do you all think?

I think that since you were elected to a Union job the other week, it's now partly your fault as well. What have YOU done, aside from bitch, to fix the problem?

I think that we can read all of your previous complaining and subsequent run for office as you volunteering to fix it, Grandpa, so can I just say that we look forward to critiquing *your* work!

You cannot read my run for office as me volunteering to fix it. I just made the comment that it is shite. Which it is.

However, if you provide a contact for yourself, I shall be happy to try to get you involved in the website's heavily needed re-do, seeing as you seem so concerned.

Lastly, please refrain from being so obtuse as to put words in my mouth. I do not appreciate it and you make a fool of yourself.

[hr]

[s]Cogitationis poenam nemo meretur, facias ipse quod faciamus suades - pax vobiscum.[/s]
We are gentlemen that neither in our hearts nor outward eyes envy the great nor shall the low despise.
Grandpa

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:20 am

Excuse me?

"I shall be happy to try to get you involved in the website's heavily needed re-do, seeing as you seem so concerned."

Are you on drugs? You're the one who has been banging on about it for months, starting threads and generally creating a (totally ineffectual) hullaballoo. Yet when this person posts one time suggesting you get involved now you're an elected representative you respond with:

"Lastly, please refrain from being so obtuse as to put words in my mouth. I do not appreciate it and you make a fool of yourself."

Seriously, are you on drugs?
exnihilo

Re:

Postby Al on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:38 am

Maybe he's overdosed on Horlicks.
Al

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:14 pm

Quoting exnihilo from 11:20, 28th Mar 2006
Excuse me?

"I shall be happy to try to get you involved in the website's heavily needed re-do, seeing as you seem so concerned."

Are you on drugs? You're the one who has been banging on about it for months, starting threads and generally creating a (totally ineffectual) hullaballoo. Yet when this person posts one time suggesting you get involved now you're an elected representative you respond with:

"Lastly, please refrain from being so obtuse as to put words in my mouth. I do not appreciate it and you make a fool of yourself."

Seriously, are you on drugs?

Mate, this is a weblog, and if you think I take anything on it seriously then you are totally up the spout.

Are YOU on drugs? This website is the epitomy of all examples of things one should try to rid their lives of:

Quarrelling
Bitching
Nonserious posters

and, in my case,

YOU.

If people would seriously like me to try to get something done on some issue related to my mandate, then please approach me in the USUAL AND CORRECT manner.

If you only approach me on this here website, I shall treat you with either the grace or contempt that I want to - because I think those who post on here should not treat this non-specific website as a substitution for the USUAL AND CORRECT modes of communication.

Sort yourself out, Ex. You seem a bigger wally than ever today.

[hr]

We are gentlemen that neither in our hearts nor outward eyes envy the great nor shall the low despise.
Grandpa

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:15 pm

Prick

[hr]

Grandpa

Re:

Postby Al on Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:58 pm

So why did you post repeatedly on here about the the Union website? Why didn't you approach the people concerned in the USUAL AND CORRECT manner?

Incidentally, when you describe a person as being "up the spout" you are saying they are pregnant.
Al

Re:

Postby sweet on Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:21 pm

lol - your hypocrisy is seriously amusing.

Look it up in the dictionary :P
sweet

Re:

Postby Al on Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:49 pm

Quoting sweet from 23:21, 28th Mar 2006
lol - your hypocrisy is seriously amusing.

Look it up in the dictionary :P

Eh? How am I being hypocritical?
Al

Re:

Postby Thackary on Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:32 am

I think Sweet is referring to Grandpa.
Thackary

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:55 pm

Quoting Grandpa from 22:14, 28th Mar 2006Sort yourself out, Ex. You seem a bigger wally than ever today.

Coming from you, that's a compliment. Sweet's right though, you are quite staggeringly hypocritical.
exnihilo

Re:

Postby sweet on Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:03 pm

Quoting thackary from 09:32, 29th Mar 2006

Sorry Al, yes I was referring to Grandpa. What I meant to say was "Grandpa is a hypocrite, as he started a thread by suggesting that a member of union staff was imcompetent but when questions were raised about HIS performance as an elected representative he spat the dummy out and insisted that such questions must be raised through "the usual and correct channels," apparently having forgotten that he started this thread."

Which was what you were saying anyway! On the topic of the union website, it is not a one-man job to maintain this and I strongly object to the repeated attempts to scapegoat one person for this. Oli has redesigned the site and set up the systems to update it, it is then the responsablility of ALL hacks to do so - not just him! Grandpa, you are clearly a concerned hack and it is therefore NOT unreasonable (never mind "foolish") to suggest that you should shoulder some of the responsability, or at the least offer some constructive criticism.
sweet

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:43 am

Quoting exnihilo from 17:55, 29th Mar 2006
Quoting Grandpa from 22:14, 28th Mar 2006Sort yourself out, Ex. You seem a bigger wally than ever today.

Coming from you, that's a compliment. Sweet's right though, you are quite staggeringly hypocritical.

1. This is a website.
2. I don't actually know the majority of people who post on here, and if I do, I'm quite happy to not know who they actually are in real life...
3...because this website is far from anything I really imagine could ever actually sway anyone's opinion - it's so fake and impersonal that to take it completely seriously really does denote a lack of the real and personal in one's life.
2. So why should I care what anyone on here really thinks. If you had ever asked me my opinion on any of the topics we ''chat'' about on this poor excuse for a conversation in REAL LIFE, then you would realise that half of what I say on here is simply to rile you all in your petty ramblings - it's quite fun.

5. So as you clearly didn't know any of this before, please refrain from making assumptions about me which are completely erroneous.

This website is a big fat joke. And if you take it seriously then I think, personally, that you are quite misled.

[hr]

Grandpa

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:48 am

Quoting sweet from 18:03, 29th Mar 2006
Quoting thackary from 09:32, 29th Mar 2006

Sorry Al, yes I was referring to Grandpa. What I meant to say was "Grandpa is a hypocrite, as he started a thread by suggesting that a member of union staff was imcompetent but when questions were raised about HIS performance as an elected representative he spat the dummy out and insisted that such questions must be raised through "the usual and correct channels," apparently having forgotten that he started this thread."

Which was what you were saying anyway! On the topic of the union website, it is not a one-man job to maintain this and I strongly object to the repeated attempts to scapegoat one person for this. Oli has redesigned the site and set up the systems to update it, it is then the responsablility of ALL hacks to do so - not just him! Grandpa, you are clearly a concerned hack and it is therefore NOT unreasonable (never mind "foolish") to suggest that you should shoulder some of the responsability, or at the least offer some constructive criticism.

Well, all I can say is that my official capacity as an elected SRC member has not yet started, so please APPROACH ME IN THE CORRECT AND USUAL FASHION.

However, since you bring it up, my performance on SRC not last year, but the one before was short lived, but quite productive.

I single handedly provided the impetus (not the result)for what is now effectively a common room where mature students may rest.

I also single handedly collated and produced what is now the mature students' representative page on the yourunion website...which is very hard to find and unfortunately because of this will have had less exposure than it deserves, I feel.

So, um, shouldering the responsibility, as you put it, already happened quite a long time ago.

It's a pity that you didn't notice then. Because now you wouldn't be making such a bloody fool of yourself. Go, check it out, I think you;ll find it is EXTREEMELY comprehensive - indeed, it is quite the largest of the SRC pages up there.

Most of them NEVER were completed.

How DARE you imply that I have not shouldered responsibility for what I have done, you ignorant and utterly useless commenter. Go away and check your information before attempting to ridicule me again.

Furthermore, I shall do JUST as good a job on the page for which I will become responsible.

Also, whoever is responsible for updating the links on the yourunion website, and for updating the content of the pages which haven't been changed in I dopn't know how long, and for making sure the website is easily navigateable HAS NOT DONE A GOOD JOB.

I'm afraid I stand by what I said before. Neither is it my responsibility to update something I have no inclination as to how to, nor is it my responsibility to make sure it is done. I think it is quite reasonable to assume that those whose specific responsibility it is to update certain parts of the website should be able to do this, and if not should be asked to have no further input and for other people to be found who can actually do it.

Is it so hard to see this?
[hr]

Grandpa

Re:

Postby Al on Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:26 am

"Sorry Al, yes I was referring to Grandpa."

I sort of guessed that but I thought I'd check.
Al

Re:

Postby Light the Rag on Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:30 am

Has GRANDPA approached the Union TO point out any false links IN the CORRECT AND USUAL FASHION??!!!!??!????111

and DON'T start pointing out any FLAWS in grandpa's arguments, ELSE he'll get cross and start CALLING you NAMES.

It amuses me that Grandpa keeps calling this website (Sinner) "A big fat joke" and yet continues to use it. He also continues to make serious posts, and then when people ridicule them, claims that they were a joke.
Hypocrisy 1 - Grandpa 0

Why bother starting threads that appear serious, when you're just joking? Admin! Ban this troll please...
(I'll also send an email, as I believe that's the correct and usual procedure)
Light the Rag

Re:

Postby Al on Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:31 am

Why have you started putting random words into upper case, grandpa? And, truth be told, you are the king of petty ramblings. Sadly, they are not petty in the original sense of the word.
Al

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:08 am

Also, if you don't want to know who people are in real life, why on Earth did you start a thread on the main board with the sole purpose of finding out who I was??

Not just hypocritical, but enormously inconsistent. That's quite a package.
exnihilo

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:31 am

But at the end of the day, do you actually care that much?

Or does the sinner and your activity on it give you so much food for thought, that to appear not to care about it would actually mean you did in fact have a social life?

[hr]

Grandpa

Re:

Postby Light the Rag on Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:18 am

That doesn't make any sense either!!

This just gets better and better. Where's the popcorn?
Light the Rag

PreviousNext

Return to The Students' Association (Union)