Home

TheSinner.net

too many english!

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

too many english!

Postby matt on Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:44 am

stop the madness!get them out!
matt

Re:

Postby Guest on Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:49 pm

[s]Unregisted User matt wrote on 15:22, 9th Sep 2003:
stop the madness!get them out!

Yeah, I wish...

Re:

Postby benedict on Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:08 am

apologies on behalf of my nation. but people are people, should it not matter where they are from? is to say too many English not similar to saying something like too many caucaisian? if you do feel there are too many English, have you tried bringing up the matter with the university? maybe get the debating society to ask the question, for publicity of the matter if nothing else. i'll presume this isn't just someone moaning but rather a call to arms for other students to help push back the tide of English.

[hr]watches should have a smiley face on them as it's always time to be happy
benedict

Re:

Postby Al on Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:36 am

Who says he is talking about the university? I, for one, was hoping he was talking about England! Drive the English from England! The campaign starts here.....

[hr]"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time".
Al

That was a good one!!

Postby Guest on Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:02 am

hahahahahahaha!!!!

Re:

Postby Al on Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:12 pm

In the dim and distant past the Debating Society did have an annual motion on that very subject - "This House Would Drive The English From St Andrews". It was slightly different from the usual debates in that people voted by donating money and whichever side coughed up the most were declared the winners. Actually, that's more than slightly different.

[hr]"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time".
Al

Too many english???!!!

Postby Guest on Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:57 pm

Forgive me for pointing this out, but Scottish students do not contribute so much as 1p to their tuition fees. This is of course, a great scheme and i dont have a problem with that. However perhaps you should realise that as an English student at a Scottish university, I pay full tuition fees and therefore my personal finance contributes to the economy of the university and the wider well-being of education in Scotland. Get over your outdated Braveheart attitude and live in the real world. :-)

Bullshit

Postby Pilmour Boy on Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:34 pm

The university gets the same amount of money from both English and Scottish students. The only difference is that English students make a payment of (up to) £1,125 towards their education, which the Scottish Executive contributes on behalf of students from north of the border.

After graduation, Scottish students pay a contribution of up to £2,000, in addition to their student loan and through the student loans system, which is ring-fenced for bursaries for new students from low-income/non-traditional backgrounds
Pilmour Boy

Re:

Postby English NAtionalist- Scotland fucking sucks- tongu on Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:21 pm

Just remember, we OWN your arses. if you ask me, its not a case of keeping the English Out of our own National Annexe, but re-erecting Hadrian's wall and keping the Scots from sullying our fine Land.

Go England
English NAtionalist- Scotland fucking sucks- tongu

Re:

Postby Al on Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:11 pm

May I just point out that Hadrian's Wall is in England? The land north of Hadrian's Wall is also England. It is not, and never has been, the "border" between England and Scotland.

And who would have thought a native English speaker would have such a poor grasp of the English language?

Al

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:03 am

My history isn't very good, but the last I remember was that there was a scottish king of England and wales, then a hanovarian one(I'm prob wrong, but hey, what can you do). Where exactly does your impression that England owns scotland come from? When exactly was the last English king/queen actually on the throne?
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Anon. on Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:34 am

Anon.

Re:

Postby Anon. on Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:30 am

[s]Al wrote on 19:11, 8th Oct 2003:
May I just point out that Hadrian's Wall is in England? The land north of Hadrian's Wall is also England. It is not, and never has been, the "border" between England and Scotland.

To be fair, though, blocking out those English who live North of Hadrian's Wall would be no great loss, either.
Anon.

Re:

Postby Craicman on Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:12 pm

You all seem to be forgetting somethings...like our combined disdain of the welsh for one. Also the irish, we'll join in the driving of the english out of england. And We'd like to remind you that if we had bigger boats in the old days then we'd have conquered your a$$ long ago.
Craicman

Re:

Postby PurelySynthetic on Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:02 pm

[s]Unregisted User English NAtionalist- Scotland fucking sucks- tongu wrote on 18:53, 7th Oct 2003:
Just remember, we OWN your arses. if you ask me, its not a case of keeping the English Out of our own National Annexe, but re-erecting Hadrian's wall and keping the Scots from sullying our fine Land.

Go England

Ok now i may be wrong but i assume if you're writing on the sinner you're more than likely a member of St Andrews university yeh? Now you do know that St Andrews is in Scotland dont you? So like em you chose to come in to Scotland because you thought we had a better university than any you could have chosen in England. Therefor the fact you're wanting to keep Scots out of England really seems a bit odd. Then again you could just be really bored and wandering on to random sites related to Scotland and slagging Scottish people off. Who knows :oS
PurelySynthetic

Re:

Postby Precious on Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:32 pm

God, you're pathetic. England do NOT own the Scots' arses, and English, Scottish, Welsh, american etc. all have equal rights to be here. And I don't care if this does get deleted - I think the idea of kicking out the English from here is equally as offensive as anything I might say about you.

[hr]Teeth! Teeth, my preciousss, but we has only six!
Teeth! Teeth, my preciousss, but we has only six!
Precious

Re:

Postby Cain on Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:21 pm

Quoting Al from 13:12, 24th Sep 2003
In the dim and distant past the Debating Society did have an annual motion on that very subject - "This House Would Drive The English From St Andrews". It was slightly different from the usual debates in that people voted by donating money and whichever side coughed up the most were declared the winners. Actually, that's more than slightly different.
[/i]

I think that that needs to be brought back.

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Return to The Students' Association (Union)