Home

TheSinner.net

Help me please!

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

Help me please!

Postby Giulia on Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:21 pm

Hello everybody. :-)
I don't know how I got to this site anyway I have an important question to ask to you all.

I'm coming to St Andrews with a friend of mine, on next september. We're from Italy and we won an Eramus scholarship so our stay will be 9 months long!

That's why we're looking for a decent accomodation, possibly in a flat or in a family.. as paying guests of course! I saw that there are several halls in St Andrews but I'm not sure if they are good or not, and most of all if the bathroom is shared or private!! Do you know anything about this? ;-)

If not, do you know any good site or something that could help me finding this accomodation?
Please help me, and excuse me if I did some mistake, as you know I'm Italian so I don't speak English as you do;-) I hope to hearing from you soon!

Giulia
Giulia

Re:

Postby TheUnixKid on Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:57 pm

In halls most of the bathrooms are shared.

See this thread for information about finding a flat to live in:

"Accommodation in St.Andrews seems to be harder to find each year, Many students are awaiting their exam results or trying for a place via clearing, it was the intention that all first year students go in the halls but this is not the case. Many would rather live in a flat or house. So that leaves lots of students looking for the few flats that are available.

Where can you find flats, First off try here there may be students graduating who have a space in a flat so advertise on here. but ensure that you let them know that you are flexible in your demands, for example that you don't mind if you share or not or if you smoke or not, or if you are likely to party too much. Try to make it as easy as possible for them to fit you in somewhere.

Next try the letting agents.
The websites of letting agencies are:

www.evebrown.co.uk
www.rollos.co.uk
www.md-c.co.uk

another source is the local classified section of the local paper.
the St Andrews Citizen or for a little further afield try the Courier & Advertiser.

Other people will be in the same position as you so you might be able to find flatmates on message boards like this one -
a few websites that have message boards similar to this one are

www.saint-andrews.co.uk
www.cityofstandrews.co.uk

the website owners are quite approachable for advice as their sites don't charge for advertising or posting requests etc. So it seems they are not there to make money,
the first link is run by Ken who lives in the USA but visits St.Andrews regulary and the other is run by Kevin who lives in the town.

I wish i could offer more help in your time of need, but there are places available

good luck "

hope this helps un peu
TheUnixKid

Re:

Postby Thackary on Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:10 pm

Thackary

Postby Director of Services on Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:52 pm

There are some halls of residence run by the university which have en-suite (not sharing) bathrooms.
New Hall
David Russell Apartments
John Burnet Annexe
Director of Services

Re:

Postby Midget on Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:02 pm

But it costs.
Midget

Return to The Students' Association (Union)