Home

TheSinner.net

accomodation screw up!

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

accomodation screw up!

Postby shukokai kat on Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:32 pm

did any1 out there not get accomodation in halls in their first year? I forgot to get my application in on time n apparently there isn't much chance of me getting into halls! i'm worried bout having to get private accomodation cos i'm only little- u kno leaving home for the first time - i don't want to miss out on all the fun of halls. Has any1 had this experience? r the accomodation ppl jus trying to scare me n i'll really get into halls?

thank u xxx
shukokai kat

Re:

Postby helen b on Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:58 pm

oh my god you poor thing!!! I was in exactly the same position last year - except i got my form in on time! They gave me temporary accommodation in fresher's week in Fife Park and hen told me to get somewhere else, so I had to find a flat during fresher's week (luckily I did!). Keep ringing the accommodation people and pestering them - you are lcuky you found out now - i didn't until 2 weeks before uni started! Because of this muk up i decided i wanted to do something, so am now one of the SRC Private Acommodation reps, and can hopefully help you. If you want lists of letting estate agents and their numbers or any other help, email me at privacc (at) st-and.ac.uk - hadto put (at) as the sinner doesnt let us put the at sign...sorry! I'll do the best i can to help you, but basically keep pestering Accommodation Services and you might get something. Good luck,

Helen Buckley
helen b

Re:

Postby Thackary on Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:58 am

Because of increased numbers of applicants and the increase in the number of folk accepted to the university this year, accommodation is a bit of a problem.
A deadline of May 31st was set, and I'm afraid that if you didn't get you application in before then, the accommodation people can't offer you a place in university halls of residence.

You might want to try contacting them again, as it's possible that places may become available, though these will most likely be allocated to people on a first come, first served basis.

Over the summer, the Students' Association intends to put together a list of all available rooms, and will be encouraging landlords to publicise any spare places via a central system, such as the union's messageboard (and/or here on the Sinner)

If you need any more information, as offered above, you can email Link:mailto:privacc@st-and.ac.uk
Thackary

Return to The Students' Association (Union)