Home

TheSinner.net

Jobs @ the union?

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

Jobs @ the union?

Postby K on Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:02 pm

Does anyone know of any jobs going at the union when we get back?
Cheers
K
K

Re:

Postby Homer on Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:33 pm

They're always looking for cleaners!

The weekend shift is easier though.
Homer

Re:

Postby union_bitch on Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:48 am

if you pop in (or call) and ask for sandy he'll put your name on the list. go for glass collecting, its by far the best job in the union the main criteria is that you are very hot!!! they all were last year, especially Vic and mel. it was great working there last year,
union_bitch

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:44 pm

[s]Unregisted User union_bitch wrote on 16:41, 26th Aug 2004:
if you pop in (or call) and ask for sandy he'll put your name on the list. go for glass collecting, its by far the best job in the union the main criteria is that you are very hot!!! they all were last year, especially Vic and mel. it was great working there last year,

Wow, I'm really hot, I'll be a shoe in!

[hr]
Live by the sword, die by the arrow.
Tetragrammaton is a four letter word.
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby Tiptoes on Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:51 am

Thanks union_bitch! I didn't, did you?

Anyway, come glass collect. It's good fun, great people and it's the perfect excuse to get into events for free. In fact, you even get PAID to put up with some of the stuff :-)

I think the bar jobs may all be taken, but come in really early and ask Sandy. And come in once a week, a few people drop out after Fresher’s week because they don’t like it.
Tiptoes

Re:

Postby Mohawk on Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:28 pm

yeah you got it right, get paid to be in events,

[hr]
Mohawk

University Of St Andrews Students' Association Entertainments Crew Member

Orientation 2004

More Details at http://www.yourunion.net/
Mohawk

job

Postby Susanne on Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:39 am

Hi! I want to stay in St Andrews for 2 weeks the next time and I am looking for a temporary job to pay my accomodation- is there a chance 4 a German student to work @ the union for 2 weeks (I am very flexible concerning the job)?

Cheers Susanne
Susanne

Re:

Postby Caroline on Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:45 pm

hey just thought I would pull this thread up so I could ask what the pay is like in the union. I have heard that the glass collectors get shit pay.
Caroline

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:35 pm

What's the pay like for cleaning? And what sort of hours is it?

I'm considering getting a job next year since I can't see me saving much over the summer since my current job is giving me hardly any hours :(
papercutheart

Re:

Postby groovy on Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:35 pm

Union pay isn't that great to be honest, but they're usually quite flexible with hours and stuff which is nice.

And also Sue is just as good (if not better) than Sandy to ask for a job.

The pay is £4.25/hr if you're 18-21 and £4.85/hr if you're 22 or over but this may change with the minumum wage laws increasing soon.

And it's better to work behind the bar than glass collect since you're not bending over all the time ;-)

[hr]

Remember now, there's a big difference between kneeling down and BENDING OVER!
groovy

Re:

Postby sabra_girl on Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:52 pm

Could someone message me with Sandy's mobile number please? I forgot to get it after the grad ball and I don't want him forgetting to put me on the list again. I think most of you know who I am.

It's in your best interests Groovy - after all, can you really resist the endless opportunities for trying out new insults with me behind the bar? I don't think you can...and it you're really lucky I might even buy you some crisps (if I decide I don't like them!).

[hr]

"You guys are like our guinea pigs...only without the long-term cancer!" Chris Thile, Nickel Creek [to audience]

IMAGE:www.sugarhillrecords.com/ecard/assets/3990_boardSHR.jpg
"There are not very many desires in life which we can actually meet. For instance, 'I want to meet the love of my life'. Probably not today! But 'I want a cup of coffee.' That I can do!" Chris Thile (Nickel Creek)
sabra_girl

Re:

Postby Students Association on Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:59 am

http://www.yourunion.net/jobs

Come join the team!
University of St Andrews Students' Association - find more at yourunion.net or follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/StAndrewsUnion
Students Association

Re:

Postby groovy on Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:12 pm

Quoting sabra_girl from 19:52, 1st Aug 2005
Could someone message me with Sandy's mobile number please? I forgot to get it after the grad ball and I don't want him forgetting to put me on the list again. I think most of you know who I am.

It's in your best interests Groovy - after all, can you really resist the endless opportunities for trying out new insults with me behind the bar? I don't think you can...and it you're really lucky I might even buy you some crisps (if I decide I don't like them!).

[hr]

"You guys are like our guinea pigs...only without the long-term cancer!" Chris Thile, Nickel Creek [to audience]

IMAGE:www.sugarhillrecords.com/ecard/assets/3990_boardSHR.jpg

It's not my fault you seem to invite insults :) And are you actually gonna be behind the bar next year or are you going to be in offsales again? Also, I don't have Sandy's number, I have Sue's though if that's any help.

[hr]

groovy

Return to The Students' Association (Union)