Home

TheSinner.net

travelling to glasgow prestwickairport from StA

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

travelling to glasgow prestwickairport from StA

Postby Guest on Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:39 pm

can enyone tell me how difficult and how expensive it is to get to the airport by bus and train. Ta

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:44 pm

[s]tg9 wrote on 23:51, 9th Sep 2004:
can enyone tell me how difficult and how expensive it is to get to the airport by bus and train. Ta

Well, Bus to Glasgow Buchannan bus station about £3/4, and then they should be a bus that will take you there straight to it, don't know how much that would cost probs bout £6 - £8, i think. I don't think it will be that bad or that hard to get to.

Re:

Postby Buffy on Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:12 pm

It can take a while. did it once to catch a Ryan Air flight to (no where near) Oslo, and thought we had plenty of time, but just barely made it. check they bus schedules (available online) to make sure, bc a taxi from buchanon to prestwick would not be cheap
Buffy

Re:

Postby niall on Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:37 am

prestwick airport also has its own train station, and isnt too bad (a fiver i think) for a single.

get the bus down to Buchanan bus station, either walk or get the link bus to Central station and then get the train to the airport (train takes about an hour i think).

[hr]do you have a tastyspoon?

http://www.tastyspoon.com/forum

IMAGE:www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
niall

Re:

Postby Guest on Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:57 pm

You could take the train, but it really wouldn't save much time, as you'd have to walk from Glasgow Queen St station to Glasgow Central once you get to Glasgow. It would cost about 20 quid for a train from Leuchars to Prestwick airport, but take between 3.5 and 4hrs, and you;d have to change trains a couple of times.

Return to The Students' Association (Union)