Home

TheSinner.net

driving instructors

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

driving instructors

Postby gingerjuju on Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:40 pm

does anyone know of any good driving instructors in st andrews? Do you sit your test in st andrews or do you have to go to dundee?

On an unrelated note, do freshers normally go up on the saturday or the sunday for freshers week?
gingerjuju

Re:

Postby Association President on Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:09 pm

[s]Unregisted User gingerjuju wrote on 09:14, 14th Sep 2004:
does anyone know of any good driving instructors in st andrews? Do you sit your test in st andrews or do you have to go to dundee?

On an unrelated note, do freshers normally go up on the saturday or the sunday for freshers week?

It is not possible to say what is normal this year as it is a new system being tried. New students are recomended to turn up on the Sunday.
Alex Yabroff
President
Students' Association
St Andrews
(01334 46) 2700
pres@st-andrews.ac.uk
Association President

instructors

Postby Vicky on Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:42 pm

yeh i was wonderin about driving instructors too. I was goin 2 wait and see if the union had any info but if ne1 can offer any ideas thatd be great :) I expect theory tests have 2 be done in dundee or somewhere bigger anyway. but it must be easier 2 take a practical test around that area than in manchester city centre.....theres only 1 roundabout in st andrews isnt there?
Vicky

Re:

Postby Guest on Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:21 pm

[s]Unregisted User gingerjuju wrote on 09:14, 14th Sep 2004:

dunno i need a driving instrutor 2....

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:38 pm

The closest place you can sit your test is Cupar

[hr]
Live by the sword, die by the arrow.
Tetragrammaton is a four letter word.
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby Director of Services on Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:54 pm

Yes, but it is cheaper to get to Dundee, I believe, than it is to get to Cupar.

Taking the bus out of Fife allows one to use the matric card to get a discount but journeys within Fife are full price. Hence, sometimes it's better to go to Dundee than Cupar or Kirkauldy.
Director of Services

Re:

Postby hmmm on Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:57 pm

[s]Director of Services wrote on 21:54, 5th Oct 2004:
Yes, but it is cheaper to get to Dundee, I believe, than it is to get to Cupar.

Taking the bus out of Fife allows one to use the matric card to get a discount but journeys within Fife are full price. Hence, sometimes it's better to go to Dundee than Cupar or Kirkauldy.

Last time I checked Cupar was less than a pound more expensive to get to than Dundee. Kirkcaldy would be more expensive even were it outside of Fife as it is a far greater distance away.

Besides when choosing somewhere to sit your test you're not going to split hairs over a few pennies saved rather than going to the better place to sit your test. I don't know about Dundee but Cupar is certainly highly recommended and is likely to be in more familiar territory also. So I would research which was better rather than saving a teeny amount of money.
hmmm

Return to The Students' Association (Union)