Home

TheSinner.net

Vitamin Supplements

Vitamin Supplements

Postby George on Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:44 pm

Hi
I've found a really good website that has a great range of vegetarian vitamins (i.e. without gelatine) and that delivers free. There are loads of great deals on just now to. The website in case anyone is interested is:

http://www.healthspan.co.uk/
George

Re:

Postby donnamatrix on Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:30 am

[s]George wrote on 17:44, 10th Apr 2005:
Hi
I've found a really good website that has a great range of vegetarian vitamins (i.e. without gelatine) and that delivers free. There are loads of great deals on just now to. The website in case anyone is interested is:

http://www.healthspan.co.uk/

Great, thanks for pointing that out! I try to get all my vitamins from my diet, but I do take a multi-vit for insurance, and B12.
[s]"Those who claim to care about the well-being of human beings and the preservation of our environment should become vegetarians for that reason alone. They would thereby increase the amount of grain available to feed people elsewhere, reduce pollution, save water and energy, and cease contributing to the clearing of forests."
--Peter Singer[/s]
donnamatrix

Re:

Postby Steveo on Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:01 pm

Let's face it, if your diet requires you to take suppliments' it's the wrong one.

[hr]

[s]Alone at night, I feel so strange, I need to find all the answers to my dreams[/s]
Get off my internet.
Steveo

Re:

Postby Dan Canaveral on Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:56 pm

Quoting Steveo from 16:01, 13th Apr 2005
Let's face it, if your diet requires you to take suppliments' it's the wrong one.

Given the massive numbers of omnivorous people who take multivitamins, to compliment and reinforce what they're getting from their diet, that's a pretty fatuous comment to make specifically about vegetarians/vegans. The benefits of vitamin supplements may be debatable, but they can form an important part of a balanced diet, regardless of whether that diet is predominantly meat or vegetable-based.

In any case, most vegetarians and vegans eat better than any meat-eater I've ever met, since they're far more aware of what they're eating most of the time, and they tend to eat less processed shite than omnivores.

But thanks for the encouragment to 'face' this. You're an inspiration.

[hr]

Get off my battlefield
[s]Get off my battlefield[/s]
Dan Canaveral

Re:

Postby Steveo on Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:14 am

Given the massive numbers of omnivorous people who take multivitamins, to compliment and reinforce what they're getting from their diet, that's a pretty fatuous comment to make specifically about vegetarians/vegans. The benefits of vitamin supplements may be debatable, but they can form an important part of a balanced diet, regardless of whether that diet is predominantly meat or vegetable-based.

Of those omniverous people taking supliments, most of them probably need to because their diet is wrong, and many of them will not need to actually have to take supliments.

Be you vegetarian/vegan/meat eating, you shouldn't have to take supliments if you eat correctly.

[hr]

[s]Alone at night, I feel so strange, I need to find all the answers to my dreams[/s]
Get off my internet.
Steveo

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:35 am

Quoting Dan Canaveral from 16:56, 13th Apr 2005
that's a pretty fatuous comment to make specifically about vegetarians/vegans.

You don't know how ironic it is that you described Steve as fatuous

[hr]

[s]It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas and half a pack of cigarettes. It's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it.[/s]
http://www.magnificentoctopus.com/
flarewearer

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:32 pm

Quoting Steveo from 10:14, 14th Apr 2005
Be you vegetarian/vegan/meat eating, you shouldn't have to take supliments if you eat correctly.

He's right you know. It's best to eat sensibly and get a balanced diet than top it up with industially produced multivitamins with dubious health benefits.

[hr]

[s]It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas and half a pack of cigarettes. It's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it.[/s]
flarewearer

Re:

Postby Dan Canaveral on Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:47 am

Quoting flarewearer from 02:32, 18th Apr 2005
He's right you know. It's best to eat sensibly and get a balanced diet than top it up with industially produced multivitamins with dubious health benefits.

He is indeed right, but it's not an issue that applies exclusively to vegetarians/vegans which is what he insinuated pretty clearly by posting it on this thread, on this board.
In any case, I neither eat well enough, nor do I take supplements, so I'm entirely fucked.

Edited for HTML-based idiocy

[hr]

Dan Canaveral

Re:

Postby donnamatrix on Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:14 pm

Note from the board administrator:

Comments on this thread relating to the quality of a diet that includes supplements have been deleted. This board is not for criticising the views and diets of vegetarians and vegans.

Thank you for your helpful post George - I hope that people's negative comments won't put you off posting interesting items again.

Donna

[hr]

[s]"Those who claim to care about the well-being of human beings and the preservation of our environment should become vegetarians for that reason alone. They would thereby increase the amount of grain available to feed people elsewhere, reduce pollution, save water and energy, and cease contributing to the clearing of forests."
--Peter Singer[/s]
--Peter Singer[/s]
donnamatrix

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:15 pm

Not one to be picking a fight or argument, but surely it IS a valid point to suggest that a balanced diet that provides for you is preferrable to taking supplements?

[hr]

flarewearer

Re:

Postby donnamatrix on Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:50 am

Quoting flarewearer from 16:15, 19th Apr 2005
Not one to be picking a fight or argument, but surely it IS a valid point to suggest that a balanced diet that provides for you is preferrable to taking supplements?

Yes, it is a valid point, but the comment(s) deleted were not phrased as suggestions. The author didn't recognise the notion of 'preference' you mention, but attacked the 'necessity' of supplements.

No further discussion is needed in this thread.

[hr]

--Peter Singer[/s]
--Peter Singer[/s]
donnamatrix

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:14 pm

R.I.P this thread. We all enjoyed it while it was alive, but now it's gone... ...*wipes tear*

[hr]

flarewearer

Return to TEMP (newsinner): vegesoc