Home

TheSinner.net

hair cut?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby Eliot Wilson on Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:46 am

[s]jennyo wrote on 02:34, 12th Nov 2004:
I took a guy friend of mine to the place of Greyfriars that's not Sophie Butler when he didn't know where to get his hair cut (I suppose guys don't know these sorts of things). Anyway, he was happy with it and it was about 12 quid, but he has long hair so not sure how they do with normal blokes' cuts.

Johnalan. I went there once, paid £10 and emerged with hair not appreciably different from when I went in. Which is either a really, really good sign or a really, really bad sign. I wasn't sure then and am not sure now. Which is why I go to John the Barber. He makes the hair shorter.

That said, as my visits to St Andrews are now few, I shall have to find a new coiffeur.

Is exnihilo thinking of Charlie Taylor?

[hr]
Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."
Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."
Eliot Wilson

Re:

Postby Thackary on Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:16 am

I remember when "Charlie Taylor" was "The India Shop"
Thackary

Re:

Postby meh on Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:21 pm

I lived above Charie Taylor for a year and it was a slim few who emerged with a haircut that didn't require the immediate attention of a hat/paper bag. The staff have those awful reinvented mullets for crying out loud.

Avoid it like the plague.
meh

Re:

Postby Guest on Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:40 pm

If you want an actual good haircut for around or less than £20 then you'd be best going elsewhere. There are good salons in Cupar and Leven which are the only ones I know of myself and female friends using.

The ones in St Andrews don't really cut it regardless of the price.

Guys of course don't really have this problem as all they usually ask for is a couple of numbers and it costs them a fiver!

Re:

Postby pt14 on Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:45 pm

The barbers pole - between baptist church and Westport

FreeWhiskey!!

The lady said she doesn't get many students though - I'm not sure what that means! It friendly and cheap though.
pt14

Re:

Postby Jamie potton on Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:16 pm

Ah, John the Barber... a man who growled into my ear yesterday that he remembered me from my mop. A joyous moment.

And thankfully, I have time for my hair to grow back in time for Christmas.
Jamie potton

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:35 pm

[s]meh wrote on 15:21, 13th Nov 2004:
I lived above Charie Taylor for a year and it was a slim few who emerged with a haircut that didn't require the immediate attention of a hat/paper bag. The staff have those awful reinvented mullets for crying out loud.

Avoid it like the plague.

Charlie Taylor is THE WORST hairdresser I have ever been to and its stupidly expensive - do not go there

Re:

Postby Cloud on Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:07 pm

Do it yourself.
[s]I want your skulls[/s]
Cloud

Re:

Postby Miz Manda on Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:09 pm

My friends and I got our hair done at Charlie Taylor for the Hall Ball and it was pretty good. That was just up-do type things, not haircuts mind you. It was also ridiculously expensive, something like £25. Though there were vouchers floating around for 1st years- £10 off the first visit.

[hr]Any act of anti-social insanity is immediately sanctified by the magic word 'charity'. As someone once said, if Hitler had invaded Poland 'for Spina Bifida' then everyone would have just let him get on with it.
Miz Manda

Re:

Postby Preacher's Kid on Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:04 pm

john's (off south street, up a flight of stairs) is sometimes staffed by a woman with wonderfully cute stories of her little girl. Never actually seen John myself, but the lady is lovely! 6 pounds ain't bad, either.
All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie.
Preacher's Kid

Re:

Postby Bread Roll on Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:10 pm

Also I think that sometimes they look for hair models in the salons and its cheaper if not free. The only drawback being that you may end up with green or orange hair artfully cut into the shape of a sailing boat.... but hey, its worth an ask cos in some places they let you chose your own style and colour. Hell, its all practice for the student hairdresser.

[hr]

Get your philosophy from a bumper sticker
Bread Roll

Re:

Postby Lala on Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:51 am

[s]Eddie Baby wrote on 20:36, 12th Nov 2004:
My girlfriend cut my hair with a £20 hair clipper from Argos.
Cheap and highly personalised - what more could you want!

What do you mean by highly personalised??hehe. Trying to say something??!xxx
Lala

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board