Home

TheSinner.net

Parties? Help!

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Parties? Help!

Postby Sophs on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Hi there,

Just wondering if anybody could recommend a cheap, yet nice place which can be rented out for parties in St. Andrews. It's my friend's birthday next week and I have no clue where we can hold such an event.
Sophs

Re:

Postby tintin on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Try the Mansefield (Chaplaincy) - it's free and reasonably nice; there are usually plenty of rooms.
tintin

Re:

Postby Dax on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Most of the pubs I think would offer a free room, if it was on a quiet night of the week, and they could be assured of making a set amount on the bar.

Try McSorelys (One Golf Place) - they sometimes open the upstairs part for parties.
Dax

Re:

Postby armareum on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Back of Ogston's, I mean Gin|House used to do things like that. Try there maybe.
armareum

4 Woods

Postby JJ on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Try the Four Woods - alternatively known as the NPH Cafe Bar - but best recognised as that place above the cinema enterance.......

THat's where I had mine.
JJ

Re:

Postby Anon. on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Surely the place above the cinema is Broons - favourite haunt of James North et al?
Anon.

Re:

Postby Dax on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Yeah, the 'Four Woods' as it was commonly known has since changed hands and has been renovated and is now called 'Broons'
Dax

Re:

Postby Emma on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Apparently Amnesty used to have their oub nights in the Four Woods because noone else would go there and it was cheap.

Broonsdahling's a bit of a far cry from that. Apart from the lovely Andy and the lovelier Ben, who staff the bar...
Emma

Return to The Sinner's Main Board