Home

TheSinner.net

Amusing Christian Fundamentalist Cartoon strip

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby JonCore on Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:56 pm

[s]Senethro wrote on 16:38, 12th Jan 2005:
Silly jack chick. I hope he dies and finds out hes wrong.

See, what's funny, is that from my point of view, if he died he wouldn't find out he was wrong. He is dead and has no consciousness, and hence cannot decide or appreciate that he is dead or that he is wrong, because there's just a big bunch of nothing.

Rock on atheism.
JonCore

Re:

Postby Cain on Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:03 pm

image:www.chick.com/tractimages9587/0055/0055_06.gif

WTF is with this? He puts something in the main section, then contradicts it in the footnotes. Or am i being chronically stupid?

though i do like the idea that if you can't explain something then the Bible must be the answer.

It would have made as much sense as if Kim Jung II held atoms together
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:11 pm

Putting the 'mental' back into fundamentalism.
exnihilo

Re:

Postby liliputian on Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:15 pm

oo i think this one is my favourite - not only are homosexuals, muslims and catholics evil, but so are the Beatles!!!

IMAGE:www.chick.com/tractimages9587/0034/0034_11.gif

this one's about how rock music is evil, starting with the Beatles and continuing with Black Sabbath and now so are "Christian rockers"...

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0034/0034_01.asp

these people really do worry me...

IMAGE:www.chick.com/tractimages9587/0034/0034_22.gif

[hr]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...
[i:143mmj9f]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...[/i:143mmj9f]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100186
liliputian

Re:

Postby Cain on Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:22 pm

liliputian, i think we can file that under "really believeable and compelling arguments"

Does that include the Polyphonic Spree?

[hr]
Cain

Re:

Postby liliputian on Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:34 pm

it includes all rock musicians, even Christian rock... don't tell CMaD - they organised a trip to see Delirious!!! terrible Satanists!

[hr]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...
[i:143mmj9f]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...[/i:143mmj9f]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100186
liliputian

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:35 pm

And on the other side of the whole argument, there's this...

IMAGE:www.goats.com/comix/0501/goats050113.png
exnihilo

Re:

Postby oddly familiar on Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:49 pm

What I dont get is why people hold onto beliefs that all the evidence points against; I mean, its not like they'd lose out by admitting the world is more than 6000 years old. just cos it is doesnt mean that Jesus doesnt exist. The whole thing was started by some guy in the middle ages who decided to count the number of years in the bible, and arrived at that number. And as a senior honours evolutionary biologist, I can tell you that practically nothing in the cartoon about evolution was right.

The other one I liked was the one where it goes
Muslim: Islam is the true religion! the Koran says so!
Christian: Its cant be, Christianity is the true religion, the Bible says so!
Muslim: oh yes, I see it now. how could I have been so stupid?

Cos thats logical.....

[hr] "Man is certainly crazy. He could not make a mite, but he makes gods by the dozen."
- Michel de Montaigne (1533 - 1592)
saru mo ki kara ochiru
oddly familiar

Re:

Postby JAK on Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:57 pm

I read every single one of those last night.

[hr]I got my BBC
I got my BBC
JAK

Re:

Postby Pender Native on Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:26 pm

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1054/1054_01.asp

So it's a lie to say that Adam was 90 feet tall, but not for the Bible to say that Noah lived for 900 odd years?
[hr]
I like to listen to a man who likes to talk. Whoops! Sawdust and Treacle, put that in your herring and smoke it!
"I have seen flowers come in stony places
And kind things done by men with ugly faces,
And the gold cup won by the worst horse at the races,
So I trust, too."
Pender Native

Re:

Postby Oirish_Martin on Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:02 pm

even as a christian, and i don't like to say this about people, but this guy is a complete w**ker. a big illogical w**ker.

maybe we should have called gluons bibleons or godons or hardons or something and he might have not gone off on one.
Oirish_Martin

Re:

Postby Wong on Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:23 pm

Every time I visit that site it performs the admirable feat of seeming even stupider than it did before.

The fact that a couple of years ago I might have believed some of it frightens me even more.

[hr]No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
Wong

Re:

Postby James on Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:51 am

To look at the site from a Christian perspective makes one see how it feels to be a Muslim in a world which seems to condemn them all as suicide bombers. This website gives an inaccurate, extremist representation of Christian beliefs and should not be regarded as a useful source for defending Christianity -- it is a good example of a bad example, showing just how wrong people can get it, however well-meaning they might be.
James

Im Convinced...

Postby The Truth on Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:27 am

WOW, that is an AMAZING website. Me, it changed my life forever. Now I realize that i have been cruelly deceived into being a pawn for a evil, evil organization bent on world domination. And they made me think that I was doing the work of the lord! Here i was, taking the what i belived to be the holy communion, and really i was eating ordinary bread in an Egyptian ritual created by Satan. He had me off believing in a dying Christ! I'm very upset about this. They also had me confessing to Baal,so as to inform them andd help them blackmail their enemies. And whats more, Those ridiculous power-hungry, God producing bastards put me up to worshiping there idols, cheif amongst them, Mary--who is actually Venus!!! I guess I shouldnt have spent 2 hours a day in idolizing her in the shrine in my room devoted to her. When I was digging the Beatles, and the other music i thought i enjoyed, I was really under the influence of Lucifer, who was corrupting me through it. Spooky! Jesus hates what I was, and thinks of the whole Catholic operation as a dirty whore, with Satan as her pimp. Luckfully, I have Jack Chick to show me the way, to point his finger at all her dirty dealings. Now i have cast the dirty God-hating demon of the Catholic Church well away from my life, and take to heart Jesus as my personal savior. I feel wonderful about it, knowing that God so loved the world that he gave his only son to me, and now that i am truely saved, i can truely appretiate it.

And to all of you grimy bastards who were criticising Chick, perhaps if you for a moment stopped having an orgy with your demons for a moment, and instead took time to realise how much Jesus hates haters, gays, and people like you, perhaps then you would see the truth, that Only christ and the bible alone will belay you from that o-so-fearsome lake of fire.

Cheers, you Jesus-hating Satan worms

The Truth
It is only in winter that we know the cyprus and the pine to be evergreens.
The Truth

Re:

Postby Smith on Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:37 am

I'll assume the above post was a joke....
Cake, and fine wine.
Smith

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:29 am

We can but hope.
exnihilo

Re:

Postby novium on Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:14 am

[s]Smith wrote on 02:37, 17th Jan 2005:
I'll assume the above post [i]was
a joke....
[/i]

obviously
Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re:

Postby novium on Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:24 am

I especially like how mr.chick calls other denominations "presumtuous" for supposedly saying that only through their teachings can someone go to heaven.

I've changed my mind. This whole thing IS funny.

Better to laugh than cry.

PS. BEWARE THE DEATH COOKIE!!!!!
Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re:

Postby David on Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:25 am

I think they should drop one of these on that site

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4174519.stm
David

Re:

Postby The Truth on Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:51 pm

A Joke?

A JOKE???

THIS IS SALVATION WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE!!

REPENT, SINNERS, less you go boil in the great lake of fire just like your bastard mothers and fathers, and all Satan-children like you.

On a more positive (and indeed, sensable note), i have devised a most wonderfull plan. These fundamentalist types, who grace our land like the plague itself (God bless them, the roaches), are all clamoring to go to the arab countries, and now especially Iraq to convert them to there ways, that they too may know the love of Jesus Christ (or whatever).
So i say, GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT. Seriously, they want to go to iraq, lets send them to Iraq, and godspeed. Lets dump the first load in Fallujah, let there Ministries start there. Ship the next load to the redzone in Bagdad, and let them have there fun. Afterall, what could be more imtortant then Christ's work? Let us help the fundementalist help Iraq (read, let Iraq help themselves to the fundementalist).
Perhaps the Islamic and Christian fundamentalist could have a picnic together in the middle of Fullujah.

Anyhow, God Bless, and
GOOD RIDDANCE!
It is only in winter that we know the cyprus and the pine to be evergreens.
The Truth

PreviousNext

Return to The Sinner's Main Board