Home

TheSinner.net

Hey did anyone watch that show "does doug know?"

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Hey did anyone watch that show "does doug know?"

Postby King Jesus on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

How hilarious was that old guy in the last episode. Oh my god, I don't think I've ever laughed harder.

And is it just me or did anyone else find that Canadian guy to be the least amusing out of the whole panel?? Everybody always laughed at his jokes but they were always something stupid like

"My uncle kept me as his sex slave and killed hitchhikers"

I really liked that black guy they had for the last couple of episodes but I think the English dude was the funniest, the short haired one. And that guy with the crazy accent was funny. I just hated that Canadian. I thought he tried too hard.

I hope someone else besides me watched this show. Even if you've never heard of it, pretend you've seen it and make fun of that Canadian guy.

He makes me angry.
King Jesus

Re:

Postby Thackary on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

I think I saw the first episode, but despite having Daisy Donovan as compere, it just didn't hold my attention.
Thackary

Re:

Yeah, it was never that great but towards the end it got sorta funny and that old guy in the last episode is the funniest human being I've ever seen.
King Jesus

Re:

Yeah, it was never that great but towards the end it got sorta funny and that old guy in the last episode is the funniest human being I've ever seen.
King Jesus

Re:

Postby James Baster on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Really Thackery? It never held my attention either, but thats mostly because of Daisy Donovan. In my opinion, shes just really not funny.
James Baster

Re:

I think she's clever and talented, but not that funny.

She is nice to look at though, and has great legs.
Thackary

Re:

Postby James Baster on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

But she sits behind a desk on that show ...
James Baster

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

I tend to agree with Thack, nice girl but she just isn't funny. Neither in "Does Doug Know" or in "Daisy, Daisy". She just never seems to make any jokes and is presumably trying to be the item of humour herself.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby armareum on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Yeah, I watched one of the episodes. It may have been the first one, but I'm not sure. And yes, that Canadian guy wasn't funny at all. He just said random things. The guy from Cambridge/Oxford you mentioned was funnier. But I have to say I did only watch it for Daisy Donovan. And 'cos I couldn't be bothered to move.
armareum

Re:

I must admit that I only noticed her legs on the beauty pageant episode of Daisy Daisy. But what legs.

Having thought about it, I can't think what made me sit through the entire episode of Does Doug Know?. I can't even remember anything about it, other than people interviewed in the street or something (no need to clarify though thanks). Perhaps I was having a conversation with the TV on in the background.
Thackary

Re:

Postby Biitchboy on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Does Doug Know was dire. Despite having Daisy Donovan. But Daisy Daisy is inspired, so much better than that Ali G prick. The one where she toured with Spineshank (?? or whatever...) was hilarious...
Biitchboy

Return to The Sinner's Main Board