Home

TheSinner.net

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....

Postby pinkymoo on Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:16 pm

Well done Ireland!! I love the Irish. They are doss man, doss. Ireland Ireland well done well done..on yersels mateys, on yersels!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mwahs, love you all,

xxxxxxx
pinkymoo

Re:

Postby rae on Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:34 pm

It is rather special to see Scotland ABOVE England in the tables! Love it. Nicely done, although a bit of a scrappy game!

[hr]In America they think 100 years is old and in Britain they think 100 miles is far.
In America they think 100 years is old and in Britain they think 100 miles is far.
rae

Re:

Postby Eddie Baby on Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:49 pm

[s]pinkymoo wrote on 20:16, 27th Feb 2005:
Well done Ireland!! I love the Irish. They are doss man, doss. Ireland Ireland well done well done..on yersels mateys, on yersels!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mwahs, love you all,

xxxxxxx

'Mon the PONYS!
Eddie Baby

Re:

Postby bramble on Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:00 pm

Oh please stop already, we've had enough bashing. Its bad enough that we lose, but to have it constantly shoved in your face isnt very nice.
Plus we didnt play all that badly

[hr]
Once i'm in my bubble bath
I like to stir up more
Half the suds go in my eyes
And half go on the floor
Ich will die Ruhe stören...
bramble

Re:

Postby Eddie Baby on Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:10 pm

[s]bramble wrote on 21:00, 27th Feb 2005:
Oh please stop already, we've had enough bashing. Its bad enough that we lose, but to have it constantly shoved in your face isnt very nice.

No, its true you didn't play that badly. It was a cracking game to watch, from a "neutral" perspective.

But mate - give me a break!!

Awwwww! Poor England supporters looking for sympathy......

Fuck off!
Eddie Baby

Re:

Postby Peter Piper on Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:51 pm

This is gonna turn into a general England-Scotland argument, I can tell.
Peter Piper

Re:

Postby Jamie McMorrin on Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:55 pm

... to have it constantly shoved in your face isnt very nice.

The thoughts of many Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish after England's World Cup win, when compared with our own miserale efforts. And yes, we are just jealous.
Jamie McMorrin

Re:

Postby falach on Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:04 pm

[s]Jamie McMorrin wrote on 21:55, 27th Feb 2005:
[s]bramble wrote on 21:00, 27th Feb 2005:[i]
... to have it constantly shoved in your face isnt very nice.

The thoughts of many Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish after England's World Cup win, when compared with our own miserale efforts. And yes, we are just jealous.
[/i]

my thougths exactly
falach

Re:

Postby Bitterandtwisted on Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:34 pm

I've never pretended to be neutral. It's great to see the supposed top dogs - England and France - getting shat all over. It's funny. I've never pretended to be rational either.

[hr]Have more than thou showest,
Speak less than thou knowest.
[img:2ysfvhns]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/dm35.jpg[/img:2ysfvhns]
Bitterandtwisted

Re:

Postby Rrrr on Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:22 pm

And four weeks of every national news programme starting with "after englands rugby world cup win..." wasn't shoving it in the face of the neighbours?
[b:7vpvjwv1]Splat![/b:7vpvjwv1]
Rrrr

Re:

Postby tordenskjold on Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:29 pm

Yes, you are quite right. It was wrong and shameful for England to be proud of winning the world cup. A fact we will remember when watching the stunning silence that would follow any world cup (or win in general) by any other country in Britain or the world. England should have behaved like Englishmen and been quiet about it.
Kæmp for alt hvad du har kært,
Dø om så det gælder.
Da er livet ej så svært,
Døden ikke heller.
tordenskjold

Re:

Postby bramble on Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:41 pm

Oh and if any of you guys had won the world cup there would have been no boasting or celebrations at all, to avoid upsetting those who didnt do as well? I dont think so!
Another point, Scotland arent doing very well at the moment but you dont get hoardes of Englismen and women bashing them when theyre down, in fact we even support them against any other team other than England.
I wonder at the lack of sportsmanship sometimes!
Fair enough if youre Irish, you have every reason to celebrate, enjoy it it was a good game. Im disappointed at the reaction, especially as England actually played well too. Wheres the respect we should all offer to each other after a good game?

Oh and a little note to Eddie Baby - do you call all women mate and tell them to fuck off? You rude person! Everone is entitled to their opinion you know, you can express yourself without getting nasty about it

[hr]
And so it is
Just like you said it would be
We'll both forget the breeze
Most of the time
I can't take my eyes off of you
I just can't take my eyes off of you
Ich will die Ruhe stören...
bramble

Re:

Postby tamsyn on Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:44 pm

well said, is so true the Scots are uneccesarily harsh against the English.
tamsyn

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:06 am

[s]Peter Piper wrote on 21:51, 27th Feb 2005:

hey! hang on! It's Ireland that won, not scotland! Let's save THAT argument until the Calcutta Cup is over.

And to my fellow Scots; why shouldnt england celebrate that theyve won a world cup??? Its a fucklot more than weve ever managed to achieve. Maybe if we werent so ready to go "Pah! England!" and pulled our fingers out and won something of our own we would be a better country for it.

I for one am glad our larger, more southerly neighbour has achieved something; It makes Britain as a whole look better, seeing as all Scotland seems to be able to contribute to the world is Call Centres, Tartan, Shortbread and Whisky (and a spattering of oil out the North Sea perhaps, but we aren't bigging up Saudi Arabia for having oil...)

[hr]
[s]Have you ever wondered how you get triangles from a cow?
You need butter, milk and cheese, and an equilateral chainsaw.[/s]
flarewearer

Re:

Postby Peter Piper on Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:10 am

[s]flarewearer wrote on 00:06, 28th Feb 2005:
[s]Peter Piper wrote on 21:51, 27th Feb 2005:[i]

hey! hang on! It's Ireland that won, not scotland! Let's save THAT argument until the Calcutta Cup is over.

[hr]
[s]Have you ever wondered how you get triangles from a cow?
You need butter, milk and cheese, and an equilateral chainsaw.[/s]
[/i]

Yeah, but after reading the posts following that, was I right or was I right?!
Peter Piper

Re:

Postby sejanus on Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:18 am

I really enjoyed the world cup. I loved seeing all the home nations get to the quarter finals; and I enjoyed seeing England win, especially with That Kick from probably the finest British fly-half for... well, quite some time. But then, the Falcons are my English team, so I probably would support good old wilko...

Anyhoo. I hate being told I'm anti-English, just because I don't always want England to win (yes, I am Scottish. No, I don't always want England to lose. Sometimes I support other teams because, oh, I don't know, I'm a fickle kind of guy).

I do enjoy listening to arrogant fuckwitted commentators who can't seem to understand that England don't always get to win. Today's match was a case in point. Scotland have had two perfectly good tries disallowed (vs. France, and yesterday against Italy.) Do we moan? Not really. But England have a try disallowed and for goodness sakes! One of the Beeb's commentators seemed to have a hissy fit! Even the other commentator thought that the Ref's judgement was fair, but no, it had to be 'everyone hates England, we never get a fair deal, etc, etc.' And I know that's not from the vast majority of fans; but when you hear all the mockery of other UK teams in the media, then the idolising of England (by a vocal few admittedly; and yes, Scotland are worth mocking when they play as badly as they did against Ireland, but believe me, Scots are more than capable of mocking themselves, and each other) then you can get to understand where any ill-feeling comes from.

Sorry. This was a rant. But I do object to being told I don't support England when I very often do (as long as they aren't playing Scotland, obviously!). And I hope everyone plays well in the rest of the six-nations - because that way, we all get to see more good rugby.

Rant over. Apologies once again.
sejanus

Re:

Postby mossop on Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:00 am

Hehe, I was watching the game on RTE (the Irish channel) and I watched the Scotland v Ireland game on that too, and to say the commentators were biased is the understatement of the year! Made me laugh a lot! I suppose that's what you get for watching the rugby in the Irish pub!
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a crate. Coincidence? I think not.
mossop

Re:

Postby mdave on Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:48 am

In a possibly misguided effort to unite the rhetoric on this thread, may I congratulate Wales on a well-won victory against France. Which I'd imagine (almost) all of us can agree is a good thing.

[hr]"It is history which teaches us to hope" --R. Edward Lee
"It is history which teaches us to hope" --R. Edward Lee
mdave

Re:

Postby grousefanatic on Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:32 am

[s]tordenskjold wrote on 23:29, 27th Feb 2005:
Yes, you are quite right. It was wrong and shameful for England to be proud of winning the world cup. A fact we will remember when watching the stunning silence that would follow any world cup (or win in general) by any other country in Britain or the world. England should have behaved like Englishmen and been quiet about it.

Why is that exactly? It's not as if our national teams win things like that regularly. That said, the English team have been playing shockingly as of late - more like school boy rugby. In fact, I bet there are plenty of school teams who would have whupped some ass there.

It seems we can only have one good team at a time. Since the cricketers are doing better than normal, it's only fair that the rugby gets worse...
veni vidi nates calce concidi - i came, i saw, i kicked ass
grousefanatic

Re:

Postby niall on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:05 am

i would be lying to say i wasnt slightly chuffed at england losing, but on a serious note, this six nations (and to be quite honest, every match since they won the world cup) has highlighted how much england relied on Johnny wilkinson, they've won only 3 or 4 games out of something like 15 since the WC, wilkinson hasnt played International rugby since then!
niall

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board