Home

TheSinner.net

recompence of their error

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

recompence of their error

Postby Paul on Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:40 pm

Once again, we have Scripture being verified:

http://www.aidsmap.com/en/news/E67B12EE ... FB9580.asp

"And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet." - Romans 1:27
"And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life." - I John 5:20
Paul

Re:

Postby Paul on Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:45 pm

And, just in case you thought I was meaning one group of sinners and not another:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4400851.stm
"And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life." - I John 5:20
Paul

Re:

Postby Bryn on Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:48 pm

Oh my god, you're not serious, are you?

[hr]http://bryn.ipfox.com
Bryn

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:51 pm

Paul...Why???
Manic23

Re:

Postby Paul on Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:25 pm

[s]Manic23 wrote on 23:51, 6th Apr 2005:
Paul...Why???

To provoke the thought that there might just be a "recompense for truth" - and that this might just be:

"And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee." - Exodus 15:26
Paul

Re:

Postby Bryn on Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:29 pm

That's hideous intolerant bullshit. No-one deserves a dibilitating and potentially fatal disease, no matter what they have done.

[hr]http://bryn.ipfox.com
Bryn

Re:

Postby Al on Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:39 pm

Does Jesus play any part in your "Christianity"? You know, the person who said "Let he that is without sin cast the first stone." It strikes me that a person who lived and died for tolerance and compassion would struggle to see how and why you claim to be a follower of his.

As you are so fond of Biblical quotations, look up Luke 6:46.

[hr]Life is too important to be taken seriously.
Al

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:40 pm

Seconded. Paul, perhaps (through some warped logic) you think you are acting in the best interests of souls condemned to eternal damnation in the firey pit, but in reality you are upsetting an alarming number of people with your zealous pontificating.

You are so quick to find fault in others, yet doesn't the good book that you quote from so fervently also state something along the lines of 'Judge Ye not others, for ye in turn shall be judged'? (Can't rememeber where it's from but I know it exists-A level R.E. has finally served its purpose)

You really are now beginning to take the piss, and dismissing some poor sods condition with a potentially fatal disease as just divine intervention is, quite frankly, disgusting. And you have the audacity to call yourself a christian???
Manic23

Re:

Postby Malkier on Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:41 pm

As you say. Everyone is sinfull in their own way. Surley breaching one of the ten commandments is worse than others. So jealousy is worse than say homosexuality. Now come on nobody can say they have never been jealous.
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
Malkier

Re:

Postby Colin on Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:42 pm

[s]Manic23 wrote on 00:40, 7th Apr 2005:
'Judge Ye not others, for ye in turn shall be judged'? (Can't rememeber where it's from but I know it exists-A level R.E. has finally served its purpose)

Monty Python's Life of Brian
Colin

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:47 pm

Oh right.

Ahem, well, I knew I'd heard it somewhere

EDIT: 'Judge not, and in turn ye will not be judged' Luke 6 (God Bless the Internet)

Oh Christ, I have become what I loath
Manic23

Re:

Postby Paul on Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:49 pm

[s]Malkier wrote on 00:41, 7th Apr 2005:
As you say. Everyone is sinfull in their own way. Surley breaching one of the ten commandments is worse than others. So jealousy is worse than say homosexuality. Now come on nobody can say they have never been jealous.

Jealousy is not one of the ten commandments - in fact it is not a sin. If it was, God ouwl dbe a sinner!

"for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God" - Exodux 20:5

Further, there are more than just 10 commandments in the Torah. Most of them are not called "abominations" but one that is, is the following well-known one:

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." - Leviticus 20:13

Only one of the ten commandments is an abomination:

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:" - Exodus 20:4

with:

"Cursed be the man that maketh any graven or molten image, an abomination unto the LORD, the work of the hands of the craftsman, and putteth it in a secret place. And all the people shall answer and say, Amen." - Deuteronomy 27:15
Paul

Re:

Postby Malkier on Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:54 pm

What about "All is Pure to the Pure" and "God is everywhere". Surely if god is everywhere we are all pure, therefore as christians we in our purity can do anything, including being homosexual or alternatively have pre-marital sex etc.
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
Malkier

Re:

Postby Paul on Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:57 pm

[s]Manic23 wrote on 00:40, 7th Apr 2005:
You are so quick to find fault in others, yet doesn't the good book that you quote from so fervently also state something along the lines of 'Judge Ye not others, for ye in turn shall be judged'? (Can't rememeber where it's from but I know it exists-A level R.E. has finally served its purpose)

"Judge not, that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?" - Matthew 7:1-4

How am I judging? I am quoting scripture which states that there are certain results for certain actions - not judging.

I have on my book-shelf a couple of interesting books written by doctors of medicine.

I will just mention one. It is entitled None of these Diseases and subtitled, [i]Science - 4000 years behind times. Sacred Writings predate Modern Medicine". If you wish to stay healthy, I highly recommend it.
Paul

Re:

Postby Cain on Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:02 pm

[s]Paul wrote on 00:57, 7th Apr 2005:
[i]Science - 4000 years behind times. Sacred Writings predate Modern Medicine". If you wish to stay healthy, I highly recommend it.

A lot of things predate modern medicine.

And i know that it wasn't intended as such, but the last sentence reads as a "friendly warning," accompanied by cracking of knuckles

[hr]
I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Paul on Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:03 pm

[s]Malkier wrote on 00:54, 7th Apr 2005:
What about "All is Pure to the Pure" and "God is everywhere". Surely if god is everywhere we are all pure, therefore as christians we in our purity can do anything, including being homosexual or alternatively have pre-marital sex etc.

In the first instance, you have to be Pure - now how do you suppose that one might become pure?

Secondly, you have only quote part of the verse:

"Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled." - Titus 1:15

Thirdly, the fact that God is everywhere means that he sees everything that is going on - and not only externally, but even in the heart of man. He knows your thoughts. It does not make things that he has called abominable to be pure!
Paul

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:04 pm

I've got one thing to say - I think that the Bioble is, in many many m,any respect simply not socially relevant any more.

I'm not gay, or homosexual, or whatever you want to call it, but I would openly uphold the rights of those who are to be gay if they want to - however much I dislike it. In the same way, it is no longer against the law, or considered a mental disorder/disease as it was many years ago.

Maybe we should think about producing something that can actually apply to our lives today and not rely on some withered old re-re-re-re-re-interpreted and re-re-re-re-re-re-translated and re-re-re-re-re-re-written stuff that has been so just to fit the whim of those 'in power'.

What we need is a people's Bible - maybe they have one in China?? And maybe not. But if someone would produce one and re-interpret it intop some sort of acceptable modern day coinceptual writing, rather than the decrepit ancient conceptual writing that it is, then we'd get a long way.

And yes, you might think that there would be problems in that it would just get re-interpretted itself. But not if we took the oldest wriotings there are and only re-interpretted once from them.

[hr]
God save The Queen, long live Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.
We are gentlemen that neither in our hearts nor outward eyes envy the great nor shall the low despise.
Grandpa

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:04 pm

[s]Grandpa wrote on 01:04, 7th Apr 2005:
I've got one thing to say - I think that the Bioble is, in many many m,any respect simply not socially relevant any more.

I'm not gay, or homosexual, or whatever you want to call it, but I would openly uphold the rights of those who are to [i]be
gay if they want to - however much I dislike it. In the same way, it is no longer against the law, or considered a mental disorder/disease as it was many years ago.

Maybe we should think about producing something that can actually apply to our lives today and not rely on some withered old re-re-re-re-re-interpreted and re-re-re-re-re-re-translated and re-re-re-re-re-re-written stuff that has been so just to fit the whim of those 'in power'.

What we need is a people's Bible - maybe they have one in China?? And maybe not. But if someone would produce one and re-interpret it intop some sort of acceptable modern day coinceptual writing, rather than the decrepit ancient conceptual writing that it is, then we'd get a long way.

And yes, you might think that there would be problems in that it would just get re-interpretted itself. But not if we took the oldest wriotings there are and only re-interpretted once from them.

[hr]
God save The Queen, long live Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.
[/i]

[hr]
We are gentlemen that neither in our hearts nor outward eyes envy the great nor shall the low despise.
Grandpa

Re:

Postby La Jouissance on Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:04 pm

Anyone who thinks that arguing with Paul is going to make a blind bit of difference to what he thinks is on a fool's errand.

This version of Christianity he spouts (this assertion abotu STI's being the most grave of his ludicruous selective applications of so called rules from the Bible) is best left alone. He is most certainly lowering the tone of the sinner. Can't we just agree to ignore him. He will go away eventually.
La Jouissance

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:07 pm

This is what I was trying to get at when I suggested we open a whole room for this type of stuff, and then we could ignore it more easily if we wanted, but I got shouted down and called a plonker.

I even made a joke at my own expense for them as they were all proclaiming their rights to free speech or something not far from it. Timewasters.
Grandpa

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board