Home

TheSinner.net

By my calculations....

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

By my calculations....

Postby Phina on Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:42 pm

By my calculations and cunning there are at least 22 registered users who visit this site regularly... and numerous unregistered users. Yet there seem to be only about seven people (for that is what I assume they are) who post. So what do the rest of them do? And why do they just assume a voyeuristic position on here?... creepy. I know there are some days when I just can't be bothered to write anything for the amusement of others and would rather just chuckle at what has been written- but there must be people on here who never ever ever contribute. So why did they register? The polls aren't that fun (sorry James)! And then why do the large volumes of unregistered peeps visit? There must be all sorts out there. Hmmm.

[hr]I have opinions of my own - strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them. George Bush
Phina

Re:

Postby Simpleton on Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:55 pm

Erm, strangely I had the same thought earlier and concluded, after a bit of pottering about, that it's coz u can vote from all of the diff message boards. That way there's prob enough peeps about to make up the numbers.

[hr]The only real currency in this bankrupt world, is what you share with people when you're being uncool.
Simpleton

The Magnificent Seven

Postby Al on Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:56 pm

Quick! Turn the lights out. We're being watched!

[hr]A shining example for saints.
Al

Re:

Postby Simpleton on Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:56 pm

Phina... you might want to put George Bush's name after the quote... don't want to seem like an Essex girl really... speaking of which, did u tell everyone who u were in the end?

[hr]The only real currency in this bankrupt world, is what you share with people when you're being uncool.
Simpleton

Re:

Postby Simpleton on Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:57 pm

Al, I'm a bit simple: wot r u on about? lots of love, Simpleton

Simpleton

Re:

Postby Al on Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:00 pm

George Bush was credited. I saw it.

Al

Re:

Postby Simpleton on Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:06 pm

Oh, my computer must be playing up. Coz I saw it in another thread... just not this one. Nmind, it's not very important.

Simpleton

Re:

Postby Phina on Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:24 pm

My you are in a bitchy mood today aren't you Simpleton? No I didn't tell people who I was. I'd publish it in my profile if I wanted them to know.

[hr]
I have opinions of my own - strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them. George Bush
Phina

Re:

Postby Phina on Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:29 pm

I'll say again- in similar wording-
Surely voting on the polls isn't that thrilling that people feel the need to register soley for that?

[hr]
I have opinions of my own - strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them. George Bush
Phina

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:44 pm

Are there really only 7 regulars? I'm sure I can think of more than that. Though I can't be arsed makeing a list just now so that's my point kinda wasted isn't it...

[hr]"GET OFF ME, YOU FILTHY SOFA!"
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby Al on Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:49 pm

I think there's more than seven, as well.

Al

Re:

Postby Phina on Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:54 pm

You're probably right. I just took a rough guess at numbers... there certainly aren't over twenty regulars though are there?

[s]Al wrote on 16:49, 3rd Sep 2002:
I think there's more than seven, as well.

[hr]
I have opinions of my own - strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them. [i] George Bush
Phina

Re:

Postby athaclena on Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:23 pm

There are a lot more posters during term time though. Probably due to having free internet access and no jobs.

[hr]A dark mirror...
That was always the intention...
athaclena

Re:

Postby Oli on Tue Sep 03, 2002 5:44 pm

And even more during exams!
Oli

Re:

Postby Zippy on Tue Sep 03, 2002 5:58 pm

I like to watch MWHAHAHAHAHAH

ala Micheal Douglas in that film with in the hotel with all those cameras in it.SLither?or something like that
Zippy

Re:

Postby The Kaiser on Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:04 pm

Sliver.
The Kaiser

Re:

Postby Zombie Sheep on Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:07 pm

Generally I only post on two accounts. One is if there is a new thread which takes my interests and if, as usual, someone has written something that annoys me - for example that post that we were all prince william obsessed. The other is GarySoc. Which brings me nicely onto my post. Oli, did you ever get my nice little review for the GarySoc section of the sinner?
Zombie Sheep

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:08 pm

It's not uncommon on the web - lots of people lurk. Who knows why, it's just the way things are.

I won't mention the fact that 7 happens to be a number with only 2 factors :P
Prophet Tenebrae

Wow I'm a doofus lol

Postby Lady G on Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:37 pm

I have tried several times to post, but, errm... couldn't figure out how to do it. Thought you needed to be a user, even though I see the prolific Unregistered User all around here.
Geez. And they've already let me graduate with a number of degrees. Geez.
Well, I'm blonde and an American, so that doesn't speak too well of me, fellow blondes or Americans, now does it?
Anyway, hi :)
I will be a postgrad in just a few weeks (emailing you now from sunny Northern CA [that's AmeriSpeak for California, not Canada ;)]), and I've been reading messages somewhat regularly on this board, oh, since about July.
Now that we've been properly introduced, I look forward to actually perhaps posting once in a while.

Lady G
Lady G

Re:

Postby saz on Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:37 pm

I come on all the time, I just cant be bothered writing messages anymore because they never get posted
saz

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board