Home

TheSinner.net

Beware the south street pigeons...

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Beware the south street pigeons...

Postby pink penguin on Tue May 03, 2005 4:59 pm

I was away from Saturday until Monday, a fairly normal thing to do, in my opinion. I got a text from my flatmate on Monday, shortly before my return, stating that she had gone to my cupboard to find painkillers (sadly she didn't succeed) and found inside an interesting collection of twigs and feathers. She was standing there thinking I had gone slightly potty (not an unusual assumption to make) when a pigeon appeared at my open windom (well it was hot, so I left it open) complete with sticks and proceeded to enter said cupboard, not noticing her there. Whereupon she proceeded to dance adn sing at the pigeon to make it leave. It did. She closed the window, and texted me. End of story.

Or is it? I opened my window last night, it being a bit muggy, and was woken this morning by a strange scrabbling noise. Hopefully not a burglar, 3 floors up. So i got out of bed, pulled back the curtain and found the pigeon trying to get in, with more sticks, so I scared it away, and now cannot leave my window open more than a few inches in fear of the pigeon that wishes to become my roommate, a most alarming proposition in my opinion.

SO, if you live on south street a word of warning - beware of the pigeon that is searching for a new home in a nice cupboard near you...
pink penguin

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Tue May 03, 2005 5:24 pm

New sinner trend...bitch about birds :)
papercutheart

Re:

Postby tordenskjold on Tue May 03, 2005 5:46 pm

I wouldn't worry about it. Pigeons make shoddy little nests everywhere all year round. Just make sure it doesn't come back. It will make one somewhere else if it needs to. Otherwise keep it as a pet or you can steal its eggs and make omelette.

[hr]

Kæmp for alt hvad du har kært,
Dø om så det gælder.
Da er livet ej så svært,
Døden ikke heller.
Kæmp for alt hvad du har kært,
Dø om så det gælder.
Da er livet ej så svært,
Døden ikke heller.
tordenskjold

Re:

Postby pink penguin on Tue May 03, 2005 5:51 pm

mmm...omelette
pink penguin

Re:

Postby Ga on Tue May 03, 2005 5:52 pm

Two words:

Pigeon pie.

[hr]

If everything in life had a point, life would be pointless
If everything in life had a point, life would be pointless
Ga

Re:

Postby rae on Tue May 03, 2005 6:06 pm

Quoting papercutheart from 20:24, 3rd May 2005

That's nothing new. MadDog makes a regular habit of it, for one!

[hr]

In America they think 100 years is old and in Britain they think 100 miles is far.
In America they think 100 years is old and in Britain they think 100 miles is far.
rae

Re:

Postby Yemminie on Tue May 03, 2005 6:28 pm

Baby pigeons are really really ugly. But kind of cute, too. Also, naked baby squirrels are very funny looking.
Yemminie

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Tue May 03, 2005 9:54 pm

birds need to be shot.
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby jennyo on Tue May 03, 2005 10:42 pm

haha, I have this great mental picture of your flatmate dancing and singing at the bird to scare it off. I'm actually laughing out loud and scaring whoever's watching my webcam.

[hr]

Do those under a risk of death by metor run some thus-far indefinite risk of longrun meteorisation?
- David Bean
Do those under a risk of death by metor run some thus-far indefinite risk of longrun meteorisation?
- David Bean
jennyo

Re:

Postby Zombie Sheep on Tue May 03, 2005 10:56 pm

I had a pigeon live in my chimney last year, which woke me up about 7 each morning.

[hr]

BiggerBrother St Andrews 2005 - All The Action Live at http://www.biggerbrother.org.uk
Zombie Sheep

Re:

Postby MadDog20/20 on Tue May 03, 2005 11:09 pm

Quoting rae from 21:06, 3rd May 2005
Quoting papercutheart from 20:24, 3rd May 2005

That's nothing new. MadDog makes a regular habit of it, for one!

[hr]

In America they think 100 years is old and in

Yeah but usually they fucking deserve it :)
I listen to feminists and all these radical gals - most of them are failures. They've blown it. Some of them have been married, but they married some Casper Milquetoast who asked permission to go to the bathroom. These women just need a man in the house. That's all they need. Most of the feminists need a man to tell them what time of day it is and to lead them home. And they blew it and they're mad at all men. Feminists hate men. They're sexist. They hate men - that's their problem. ~Jerry Falwell
MadDog20/20

Re:

Postby bramble on Wed May 04, 2005 7:24 am

Pigeons are worse than rats for diseases, you should disinfect your cupboard
Nasty flappy things, im terrified of them

[hr]

How can i think i'm standing strong, yet feel the air beneath my feet? How can happiness feel so wrong? How can misery feel so sweet?
Ich will die Ruhe stören...
bramble

Return to The Sinner's Main Board