Home

TheSinner.net

Begone, black mood, begone.

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Begone, black mood, begone.

Postby Rufus on Sat May 14, 2005 8:30 pm

Well, well, well.

Another day.

Another wasted day.

You know when the whole world seems unapproachable? Even though the sun is determinedly shining and the birds are dementedly whistling, all that beauty, all that so beautiful you can smell it beauty, is irrelevant and untouchable, because you are not part of it. You can feign a benign interest. Smile. Laugh. Nod and shake your head. Only you can know it's all for them. All for show. The show. We all know the snarling sneering person who always dominates the corners at parties, slinking along the walls grimacing for the first painful hour, the yang to the yin of a roomful of rictus grins, then eventually finding their anti-social refuge amongst the nerve-numbing, mind-numbing, standard-dropping elixirs in the kitchen...

Well, the party I'm currently at has no kitchen.

Ha. You could even say it has no people.

This is a prime example of a party that went wrong. Was it the invites? You say, sitting alone in the empty room, only a nibble-strewn table and Hits Of The Eighties on a loop for company. Were they too garish? Was a manically grinning teddy bear in the right hand corner straddling the fat calligraphied R.S.V.P too much? I thought that was kitch, you think. I guess irony is dead, you conclude.

Like this party.

You see.

The truth is. Nobody came. Because. Your house smells.

Of dead dreams.

[hr]

'Do you remember how long the days were when you were a child?'
Rufus

Re:

Postby bramble on Sat May 14, 2005 8:33 pm

I wish i hadnt read this :( Now im sad for you

[hr]

I want the sun to shine on me, i want the truth to set me free. If i jumped into the ocean to believe, if i climbed a mountain would i have to reach?
Ich will die Ruhe stören...
bramble

Re:

Postby Rufus on Sat May 14, 2005 8:34 pm

Don't be. I'm too whingy by half.

And I'm watching Harry Potter in an effort to counteract it.

[hr]

Rufus

Re:

Postby Duggeh on Sat May 14, 2005 8:35 pm

If you made that up you should speak to a publisher. And next time you have aparty you should invite me, id go to the opening of an envelope let alone the opening of a bottle of wine.

[hr]

IMAGE:www.macintyre42.plus.com/images/tubular100.jpg
[hr][s]Duggeh: Master Of Ceremonies[/s]
[s]Website http://www.macintyre42.plus.com [For all your DJ Smuggy needs] [/s]
Duggeh

Re:

Postby David Bean on Sat May 14, 2005 9:40 pm

On the upside, that was one of the best pieces of amateur writing I've read in a long time.
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Re:

Postby Humphrey on Sat May 14, 2005 9:42 pm

You need to take a step back and look at the merits of your situation. I take it from your morbid post that you are currently sitting in a house full of booze and nibbles, and since no bugger has turned up you have it all to yourself. Drink and be merry, there’s beauty in the world, and thanks to those ‘mind-numbing, standard-dropping elixirs’, you can be a part of it.

[hr]

http://www.livejournal.com/users/humphrey_clarke/
Humphrey

Re:

Postby The Truth on Sat May 14, 2005 10:54 pm

Okay, so lets get this straight:

There are 3 holes in the ground,

It was a nice day(and you threw it away!),

You're an actor, in a comedy,

there is a show going on, and *they* don't know it,

apparently we all know this one person, who is an alchemist into headache releivers,

There is a party held in a venue without a kitchen or people--sounds like it was poorely planned,

it had 80's music on--that explains the lack of people,

the invites had a teddy bear being violated by a R.S.V.P., in the corner,

Irony has joined God in the grave,

The party's there too,

oh, and so are the dreams,

The house could use some deodorant: I recomend vanilla to cover up the dream-stink.

Wow, well that was sorta confusing. But fun, perhaps you should have more of these, and write an obituary for all of them, invite us to the funerals, and we can munch on the the leftover nibbles as we listen to you recanting the life of the party.

[hr]

It is only in winter that we know the cyprus and the pine to be evergreens.
It is only in winter that we know the cyprus and the pine to be evergreens.
The Truth

Re:

Postby johness on Sat May 14, 2005 10:58 pm

Quoting David Bean from 00:40, 15th May 2005
On the upside, that was one of the best pieces of amateur writing I've read in a long time.

I totally agree.

David Bean, where have you been? I didn't mean for that to rhyme, seems very twee in comparisson to Rufus' post!

[hr]

[s]Hail to whatever you found in the sunlight[/s]
[s]As I walk away, I look over my shoulder to see what I'm leaving behind. Pieces of puzzles and wishes on eyelashes failed...[/s]
johness

Re:

Postby Newty on Sun May 15, 2005 6:50 am

Quoting Rufus from 23:30, 14th May 2005
Well, well, well.

Another day.

Another wasted day.

Sat atop the throne of unfulfilled promise in the castle of broken dreams? The aching suspicion that the ideal you have been reaching for with every sinew has been a lie, a half-truth at best? And the hateful inevitability that to give in to reality would be a defeat, a concession to your wasted years? No, what's worse is that which you have sacrificed to achieve this aim, those you cast aside without a second thought along the road to ruin, each one making the journey back that little bit steeper until it is nothing but a wall that stands not just to keep you from the truth but to deny its very existance. The aching realisation, as you realise what you once thought was the one true aim of your life, that no-one ever cared but you.

I'll say hi if I see you there.

[hr]

Will Watson. Medical student. Cake lover.
Will Watson. Medical student. Cake lover.
Newty

Re:

Postby Rufus on Sun May 15, 2005 8:10 am

Quoting Humphrey from 00:42, 15th May 2005
I take it from your morbid post that you are currently sitting in a house full of booze and nibbles, and since no bugger has turned up you have it all to yourself.

[hr]

http://www.livejournal.com/users/humphrey_clarke/

Uhm. No. Was just trying to put a face to my mood really.

Wish I had some soggy twiglets though.

[hr]

Rufus

Re:

Postby rae on Sun May 15, 2005 9:15 am

Having just bought my first smiths album (yes, I know, I know) I was about to ask google which song of theirs that was. Nicely written - sorry about the mood that inspired it!

[hr]

In America they think 100 years is old and in Britain they think 100 miles is far.
In America they think 100 years is old and in Britain they think 100 miles is far.
rae

Return to The Sinner's Main Board