Home

TheSinner.net

Graduation...

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Graduation...

Postby Melkor on Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:10 pm

Sorry for the lack of imagination for the title of this topic...

I seem to remember people mentionning a while ago that the paper degree the uni gives you is rubbish quality unless you pay £40 to have a nice one. Is this true? What does the uni give you if you don't pay anything?
Melkor

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:41 pm

Quoting melkor from 16:10, 21st Jun 2005
Sorry for the lack of imagination for the title of this topic...

as far as i know everyone gets the same degree, its on quality paper rolled in a tube with the crest and all. It has a hologram and embossed crest and stuff on it too. Are you thinking of the general council fee that you have to pay for graduation?

[hr]

image:www.magnificentoctopus.com/x/caperbanner.png
flarewearer

Re:

Postby Melkor on Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:09 pm

ok, thanks!

nah, I just remember some kind of discussion about the fact the one they gave was in latin or english and if you paid more you could get a nicer looking one with english or latin. But I guess the people discussing this were just talking rubbish then.
Melkor

Re:

Postby Eliot Wilson on Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:38 pm

You get an A4 degree certificate (in English) when you graduate. They're OK, but obviously laser printed. For £45, you can order a larger (A3?), framed degree certificate in Latin. See the Registry website for details.

[hr]

Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."
Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."
Eliot Wilson

Return to The Sinner's Main Board