Home

TheSinner.net

Sex

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby Midget on Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:02 pm

Although meeting someone else might make you more comfortable with being yourself. Someone saying that they think you're cute is going to do no end of good for your self esteem. And then there's what liking a particular person makes you learn about you yourself, and then theres...the highs and lows and complications of love make drugs look pretty tame.

[hr]

IMAGE:img9.imgspot.com/u/04/241/18/160019.jpg Come and see 'Corpus Christi' 4-29 August, Edinburgh Fringe!
Midget

Re:

Postby Maidmarion on Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:17 am

- quoting from racing tortoise guy- imagine what it is like for guys, we have two dedicated organs to say "fuck her/him" when we see anyone remotely attractive (and everyone else after drink). and thats before you meet your mates.

Two organs?
Maidmarion

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:28 am

I agree that you should be in love for it. I lost my virginity when I was 18 and I dont remember much of it because I was so hammered at the time. Looking back on it I would do anything to have waited until I was with my present girlfriend. Being in love makes it more special:)

Re:

Postby Bitterandtwisted on Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:20 pm

But if you wait until you find love you might be a virgin all your life. Case in point: Jane Austin. most famouse romantic novelist ever. Died in her fourties a spinster and, given society at the time, almost certainly a virgin.

sex without love may not be so special but, especialy for guys, being a virgin is a devastating kick to the ego.

[hr]

Life is as tedious as a twice told tale
Vexing the dull ear of a drowsy man.
[img:2ysfvhns]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/dm35.jpg[/img:2ysfvhns]
Bitterandtwisted

Re:

Postby Atangaladhion on Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:18 pm

Quoting from 17:06, 10th Jul 2005
Quoting Atangaladhion from 15:49, 10th Jul 2005
Quoting ninman from 12:57, 10th Jul 2005
I had a friend ... in fact I had two.

Liar.

Are you a proffessional wanker, or just a gifted amatuer?

I'm a professional.
Lars Olsen is not the second coming of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ was the first coming of Lars Olsen.
Atangaladhion

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:11 am

Quoting Bitterandtwisted from 17:20, 11th Jul 2005
being a virgin is a devastating kick to the ego.

I don't know, there seem to be quite a vocal majority that are now actively proud of it - like that stupid Christian cult (silver ring thing?) where they encourage abstinence - which actually leads to lots of STI and teen pregnancy - and so on.

So surely it's only a knock to confidence if someone is basically gagging for sex, out there trying to get it and constantly getting knocked back?

[hr]

IMAGE:www.btinternet.com/~brother.war/white10-2.gif
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Smith on Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:23 am

I had sex in the park when i was 16, it was the best sex i've had in my life. Public places rock for sex.

I was with the girl for 18 months though.

[hr]

We're not drunk, we're multi-millionaires...
IMAGE:img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ryanlewisjones/burlyman.jpg
Cake, and fine wine.
Smith

Re:

Postby Humphrey on Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:59 pm

Tell you what, if you are really desperate you can get 40 virgins if you blow up some infidels in the name of Islam.

[hr]

http://www.livejournal.com/users/humphrey_clarke/
Humphrey

Re:

Postby Duggeh on Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:50 pm

what do you get for blowing up 40 virgins?

[hr]

IMAGE:www.macintyre42.plus.com/images/tubular100.jpg
[hr][s]Duggeh: Master Of Ceremonies[/s]
[s]Website http://www.maxeh.co.uk [The Music Community]
Duggeh

Re:

Postby bdw on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:46 pm

the chance to make some terrific balloon animals?
bdw

Re:

Postby Midget on Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:49 pm

& a sinner less cluttered with whingers.

[hr]

IMAGE:img9.imgspot.com/u/04/241/18/160019.jpg Come and see 'Corpus Christi' 4-29 August, Edinburgh Fringe!
Midget

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:30 pm

They aren't all whinging though. You're whinging about the whinging thouh. And now I've joined in.
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:31 am

Quoting Humphrey from 19:59, 12th Jul 2005
Tell you what, if you are really desperate you can get 40 virgins if you blow up some infidels in the name of Islam.

That is a disgustingly ignorant and frankly offensive thing to say. The perpetrators of these horrible acts of terrorism, abuse and tarnish the name of Islam. They use religion as an excuse for their wrongdoings, in an attempt to justify them in some way.

Other Muslims despise the work of the terrorists, more so than perhaps you or I - not just because of the loss of innocent lives, but also because it drags the name of Islam into the mud yet again and makes their lives a misery.

It's ignorance and fear of the unknown that cause people to commit hate crimes against innocent Muslims in backlash. However, these innocent quiet followers of Islam, which means 'Peace' in Arabic, follow a religion that is far removed from the ones that the terrorists preach.

It's all very well cracking jokes, but think about how many Muslim families are waiting scared in their homes for the latest round of vigilantism from understandably angry, but equally ill-informed individuals about the true meaning of Islam.

Re:

Postby Gubbins on Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:48 am

Quoting from 21:13, 12th Jul 2005
That is a disgustingly ignorant and frankly offensive thing to say. [...] but equally ill-informed individuals about the true meaning of Islam.

I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. I thought the public consensus has always been to not let these atrocities change our way of life, which has always been to poke fun at our own and others' religions. It's these kneejerk reactions that really put a depression on my otherwise happy day. (I was in London on Wednesday, and know people who were on the Tube and London Bus services on Thursday morning.) Don't let international terrorism kill comedy!

what do you get for blowing up 40 virgins?

Sore lips... Think about it.

[hr]

...but then again, that is only my opinion.
...then again, that is only my opinion.
Gubbins

Re:

Postby screenager on Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:32 am

Woh! Hold it. Keep to the topic!
screenager

Re:

Postby bramble on Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:05 am

Yeah i wasnt exactly expecting a political rant on a thread titled sex....
Although unreg does have a fair point

[hr]

"Everything will turn out fine....i dont know how, its a mystery"
Ich will die Ruhe stören...
bramble

Re:

Postby screenager on Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:40 am

Still having your V-plates at the age of 21 or whenever is nothing to be ashamed of, though if that were the case with me, I'd be dying of curiosity, above anything else.
When I was still a virgin I always used to say that I'd lose my innocence to someone I loved. I wanted it to be special, etc.
However, in practice, I don't think it never works out that way. Some time during my GCSEs some complete slapper was quite abvious about her intentions and I couldn't contain my curiosity - and, to those of you who are still virgins, before you start thinking that you'd be above such an offer and would have no trouble rejecting it, let me say that I always said I would have no trouble knocking back such an offer. When you're in the heat of the moment and you know that satisfying your curiosity is only 3 minutes away, rational thought goes out the window!
I have no regrets about this at all. Six months later I ended up in a relationship with a girl who was still a virgin. As I had recently had my burning curiosity satisfied, she felt much more at ease to take her time about it. She felt no pressure.
Secondly, to all people out there who are waiting for the perfect moment, forget it. It won't be perfect. Somehow society expects people to be good at it the first time, which is an unrealistic expectation. For most people, the first time will inevitably be fumbled and you'll feel just as self-conscious as you would if you were with someone you didn't love, albeit for different reasons.
I have known plenty of people who have waited for the perfect moment. In all these cases, the response has been "Where has this been all my life!?" The relationship in which they first experienced sex inevitably has come to an end and they are left feeling as though they might as well have started sleeping with people earlier and thus gained the experience.
I suppose there are also some people who keep delaying sex because they are convinced that an 'even more perfect' moment will arive. In all seriousness, it won't. Sex with someone for the first time is always slightly fumbled and experimental. Even sleeping with your 10th or 20th sexual partner is slightly experimental (even if you manage to hide it well) because each person likes different things. I think that by continually waiting for the perfect moment you are just setting yourself up for a bigger and bigger fall.

--- Please don't interpret this or the following as patronising. I am not Mr Experience, in fact, quite the opposite, but that doesn't mean I can't analise my own experiences and extrapolate ---

As regards casual sex, I admit hands-down that it's nowhere near as good as sex with someone you deeply love, however with experience I think people learn to think of the two activities as very separate things - this is something I find some virgins are less able to do. There's sex and there's sex, I suppose. Initially, in order to feel totally and completely comfortable, I think the development of the emotional and physical relationships has to go hand in hand - when the physical side of the relationship gets well ahead, people are often left feeling guilty or shallow, immediately after the act itself. However, from what I've seen, people become much better at separating the two sides of the relationship as their experience grows. I believe this is why a lot of people in their early 20s (ie students) are capable of having no-strings-attached sex without any problem and why the less experienced people frown upon it.

Editted because I can't spell. There are probably still 100 mistakes!
screenager

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:23 am

I know because you've stuck it in someone you feel that you can somehow guarantee that nobody's first experience will mean much or be as good as anyone might expect their first time to be BUT...

I have to say I have heard of people who having lost their virginity, then thought it was as good as they could have expected or hoped; please don't let your worldly-wise attitude be mistaken for some jaded outlook on life because you lost your virginity to some girl and by your own admission 'fumbled it' as apparantly everyone does. It's a fucking ridiculous thing to say. How can you make such an unfounded assertion?

Also: yes these people who said it was as good as they expected/hoped might well have been wise to the ways of the loss of one's virginity, just thought I'd throw my non-cynical (for once) opinion in.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby Ethan With on Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:34 am

Neither of those two sentences seem to make any sense, Rob. Would you mind clarifying?
Ethan With

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:16 am

Quoting ethan with from 13:34, 13th Jul 2005
Neither of those two sentences seem to make any sense, Rob. Would you mind clarifying?

Sorry, was in a ranting mood. Have editted post for added comprehension.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

PreviousNext

Return to The Sinner's Main Board