Home

TheSinner.net

The Alternative KK Club

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

The Alternative KK Club

Postby Guest on Tue Oct 15, 2002 10:42 pm

Is now officially the Karl Kennedy Club. Membership is for women only, and then only women devotees of the wondrous Karl from Neighbours. If you fulfil these stringent criteria, please feel free to join the exclusive club at http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/karl_kennedy

Re:

Postby Simpleton on Wed Oct 16, 2002 8:00 am

I'm male and I love Karl Kennedy. You are an evil, sexist organisation. I'm gonig to go and set up my own - worshipping Dick Van Dyke's return to fame in Diagnosis Murder.
Simpleton

Deleted

Postby CarolynSD on Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:59 am

This post has been deleted.
Last edited by CarolynSD on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CarolynSD

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Thu Oct 17, 2002 10:04 am

There already is and alternative to the KK. They wear pretty dresses and have a whole extra K to play with.
Suddenly the Kate Kenedy lot don't look so bad for a bunch of elitest males, do they?
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby Traa on Mon Oct 21, 2002 8:21 am

If it was traditional for the Kate Kennedy CLub only to admit people from a certain ethnic group or religion, they'd be hounded out of the town. So why is it OK for them to exclude women?
Traa

Re:

Postby The Kaiser on Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:09 pm

[s]Unregisted User Traa wrote on 22:10, 20th Oct 2002:
If it was traditional for the Kate Kennedy CLub only to admit people from a certain ethnic group or religion, they'd be hounded out of the town.

No, they wouldn't. The CU only admits people of a certain religion, and they're still here.
The Kaiser

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:34 pm

(insert generic slandering of Christians) but they still offer very reasonable toastie prices.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby The Kaiser on Mon Oct 21, 2002 8:13 pm

I'm all for people being allowed to exclude whomever they like from a private society. The CU and the KK have my fullest support.
The Kaiser

Re:

Postby LJ on Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:15 pm

Back to Karl... is the society really gonna start up, or is it all a joke?
LJ

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:40 pm

if you all know what is good for you, you will cease this slander of the Kate Kennedy and end this thread immediately

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:40 pm

The society will indeed be starting up as an all-women exclusive club. The club is not against the Kate Kennedy Club, but merely feels that an alternative for women is needed.

Re:

Postby James Baster on Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:52 pm

You really are taking the piss right? A all woman club set up on yahoos website dedicated to Karl Kennedy is going to "offer an alternative" to the KK, which does masively good work in the community? (What ever there admission policy may be)

[hr][s]This message was sent to you by the coalition for degeneracy.[/s]
James Baster

Eh?

Postby Not a feminist ! on Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:16 pm

What 'massively good work', mr james baster??? (and is it just me or is that really bad usage of english) or have i had my eyes shut for the last year???

the KK is a joke. we all know that and the population of st andrews who have any sense just let them wear their pink shirts with the collar out if they want to. it's their own fault if they look like tits. which they do.

people have the right to their own opinions. as long as they do not harm others them i feel this is ok. and i like the tongue in cheek Karl Kennedy club, he needs all the support he can get now that susan has left him..
Not a feminist !

Re:

Postby James Baster on Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:31 pm

[s]Unregisted User Not a feminist ! wrote on 16:02, 29th Oct 2002:
What 'massively good work', mr james baster??? (and is it just me or is that really bad usage of english) or have i had my eyes shut for the last year???

[l][li] They give lots of Money to Charity
[li] They clean up the quad after Raison monday, thus ensuring the uni continues to let us use it
[li] They put on the Pantomime, popular with student and town alike
[li] They put on the KK Parade, popular with student and town alike.
[li] They put on two balls, both generally acknolwedged to be among the best among such people who like to get drunk in expensive clothes.[/l]
You on the other hand, are ...
[l][li] Going to chat on a website about a character in a soup.[/l]
the KK is a joke. we all know that and the population of st andrews who have any sense just let them wear their pink shirts with the collar out if they want to. it's their own fault if they look like tits. which they do.

people have the right to their own opinions. as long as they do not harm others them i feel this is ok. and i like the tongue in cheek Karl Kennedy club, he needs all the support he can get now that susan has left him..

Right, fair enought, I dont object to you having a laught and I'd be happy to ignore you peacefully for the rest of my life. But dont try and claim to be an "alternative" to the KK.

[hr]
[s]Its nice to be able to blaspheme. It takes a very special and strong-minded kind of atheist to jump up and down with their hand clasped under their other armpit and shout 'Oh, random-flucuations-in-the-space-time-continuum!' or 'Aaargh, primitive-and-out-moded-concept on a crutch!' - Terry Pratchet, Men at arms[/s]
James Baster

Re:

Postby Thackary on Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:33 pm

It's not just the KK who wear pink shirts with the collars turned up y'know.
Thackary

Re:

Postby LeopardSkinQueen on Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:42 pm

[s]James Baster wrote on 17:31, 29th Oct 2002:

You on the other hand, are ...
[l][li] Going to chat on a website about a character in a soup.[/l]

In a soup? Does the latest plotline involve their beloved karl being captured by a cannibalistic tribe?

[hr]
The philosopher Didactylos has summed up an alternative hypothesis as 'Things just happen. What the hell.'
[i:1wp3kko0]Now at midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew
Come out and round up everyone that knows more than they do
[/i:1wp3kko0]
LeopardSkinQueen

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:56 pm

What type of soup? Heinz?
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby The Kaiser on Wed Oct 30, 2002 12:04 am

[s]Thackary wrote on 17:33, 29th Oct 2002:
It's not just the KK who wear pink shirts with the collars turned up y'know.

I've never seen any member of the KK wear a pink shirt with the collar turned up. Disproportionately frequent wearing of blazers is the most you could charge them with, I think.
The Kaiser

eh???

Postby Guest on Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:14 am

the kk parade is popular with town and students alike?? like a death march was for the Nazi's maybe.]

you stuck up fool james baster(d)

Re:

Postby James Baster on Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:23 am

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 22:13, 29th Oct 2002:
the kk parade is popular with town and students alike?? like a death march was for the Nazi's maybe.]

Have you been to one? Have you seen the town folk and students all turned out to watch it? And as for those students who boycott it, I have never meet one who did it becuase they though the parade was crap or boring. They all did it for reasons of Anti-KK feelings.

you stuck up fool

I'm sorry. I wont be so stuck up in future. Hows that alternative to the KK club thing you set up on the Yahoo website going?

james baster(d)

Oh my God! Noones ever done that before! Aghhh! I feel completely unable to argue with your humour and intilligence! I bow to your rapier quick wit! Why don't you ask our new rector if you can stand in on editions of "Just A Minute" for him? I think you'd do fantastically on it!

P.S. I dont support the KK's membership policy and I do think they should change, BTW. But I acknolwedge they do good in this town.

[hr]
[s]Its nice to be able to blaspheme. It takes a very special and strong-minded kind of atheist to jump up and down with their hand clasped under their other armpit and shout 'Oh, random-flucuations-in-the-space-time-continuum!' or 'Aaargh, primitive-and-out-moded-concept on a crutch!' - Terry Pratchet, Men at arms[/s]
James Baster

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board